Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:28:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902381 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8880 on: October 03, 2017, 03:22:24 AM »

im playing yakuza kiwami 2 trailers on youtube. havent unwrapped kiwami yet, going to begrudgingly buy 6.
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8881 on: October 03, 2017, 05:40:09 AM »

EVE: Valkyrie for some reason
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: October 03, 2017, 02:56:46 PM »

BOTW on a 2ghz CPU (3 recommend) is surprisingly atmospheric (slower more realist feel) as long you avoid fight (massive stutter), I can can't play Xenoblade on newer version of cemu, it softlock Angry

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8883 on: October 03, 2017, 04:43:14 PM »

Played Enter The Gungeon - was expecting a regular top view shooter that's not too much fun. I have to strongly admit I was very very wrong, it's tons of fun. Unfortunately can't pass the first level due to a bug, and they still haven't fixed it =/ .

Oxygen not included - definitely interesting, yet after 3 restarts and 6 hours it became tedious, boring, limited and repetitive. Well, early access Smiley .

HOB is something different, similar to one game I'm working on so I felt jealous Smiley. It has some very nice puzzles, the attention to detail on secrets is great, the environment is well thought, but the fighting and map/orientation content considerably lack vision.

I have no words for how fantastic Ori and the Blind Forest was. Can't wait for the new one.

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: October 03, 2017, 06:37:14 PM »

Been working my way through the Witness.

Great game, some puzzles are bit too hard but meh I have no patience.
A little pretentious too at times, but I'm forgiving of that when the game is amazing.

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: October 04, 2017, 12:11:44 PM »

Started Nier Automata last night. Even with 30 people telling me about it, it was different than I expected.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: October 04, 2017, 01:02:01 PM »

its a good game
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: October 04, 2017, 01:17:20 PM »

Blessed reply number. Good game indeed.

JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: October 05, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »

Metal Gear Solid 5 is free for PS Plus users this month (along with the Amnesia games), so of course I've been playing a bit of that.

However, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Remastered has me hooked. I had Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen on the PS3 but I gave my PS3 to my kids before I had a chance to beat it when I got my PS4. So now that I have it on PS4 I can't stop playing it, for whatever reason I absolutely love this game. Though the "remastered" version is basically just a smoother frame rate and better resolution and texturing the game still looks pretty nice on the PS4. Anybody playing the PS4 version want to swap pawns?

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8889 on: October 09, 2017, 11:54:56 PM »

Playing Observer (from the creators of Layers of Fears), I thought it was just a horror-game, but it is very story intense and you need to investigate. It is clear the Blade Runner influence, from the city enviroment and the main protagonist (it is one of the protagonists of the original Blade Runner).

Games:

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #8890 on: October 14, 2017, 02:38:12 PM »

It is time for my yearly play through of the Dating Sims  SNK Days of Memories and SNK Days of Memories 2

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Davis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: October 15, 2017, 08:27:46 PM »

Super Smash Flash 2 on my phone. I'm playing it at my own house.
Squire Grooktook
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: October 16, 2017, 07:40:14 PM »

Sat down with Cuphead last week and cleared it in about 2-3 hours in one sitting (think I had about 30-40 deaths by the end). I've been replaying it over the weekend for "1 life clear" / speedrun attempts.

I was skeptical pre-release, because a lot of early demo footage looked very repetitive and simple. However, it developed into a pretty substantial game. Handling and feedback are air-tight. The mechanics (particularly the air-dash) are simple but extremely entertaining. The boss fights are very well designed with a nice balance of pattern vs randomness.

I wouldn't put it in the same leauge as my absolute favorite side scrolling action titles (Contra 3, Ghouls and Ghosts / Daimakaimura, Ninja Spirit, Gigantic Army, etc.) but I definitely think it earns its place among the classics of the genre. I can see myself revisiting this one for years to come.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: October 16, 2017, 07:58:56 PM »

Try to play and finish without shooting anything

Davis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: October 17, 2017, 12:40:06 AM »

Happy wheels
Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8895 on: October 17, 2017, 06:31:16 AM »

Started playing Grandia II.  I like the game so far.  I like the visuals, and the combat system is pretty cool.  That being said, the main character is peak asshole anime/jrpg protagonist.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8896 on: October 17, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »

Fun stuff, at each town:
-Count the number of houses by type
-Count the number of NPC
-Draw the beat pattern of the story
then compare the number between them

There was some serious scope management happening.

Lowbit
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8897 on: October 21, 2017, 04:42:05 PM »

Fun stuff. Especially the bosses. The final boss is the stuff of nightmares.

So, fun nightmares. Except for Blobcat. I hate that jerk.
JWK5
Level 9

A fool with a tool is an artist.

View Profile
« Reply #8898 on: October 21, 2017, 11:09:45 PM »

I played Brawlhalla with my son. I was skeptical of a "free" Smash Bros. clone (in particular, what would be kept behind the paywall) but you have have a handful of characters with the ability to unlock many more with in-game earned currency that is earned each match (whether you win or lose). The game plays really nice, it is very well balanced and looks pretty good, I just wish they'd offered more characters to play at the outset.

My Art Tutorials:
 Here

"Today is victory over yourself of yesterday, tomorrow is victory over lesser men." - Miyamoto Musashi
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8899 on: October 24, 2017, 07:23:50 AM »

I started a new playthrough of the first Legend of Grimrock, in Old School mode. It's interesting how not having access to a map changes the feel of the game. I kind of know my way around the dungeon now, so other than a few sections where there are a lot of twisty paths that all look similar, navigating hasn't been as much of a problem as I thought it might. Working memory very much comes into play, though - the playstyle I find myself using is to relentlessly keep moving forward, mentally mark off sections behind me as cleared, and backtrack as little as I possibly can. There's an optional challenge zone in an out-of-the-way spot on level 3, and even though it was a bit above my level when I first arrived at it, I felt the need to do it as soon as possible because of the risk of getting lost if I waited too long to level up and had to make a long journey backward to reach it again. Dying comes with an additional cost of having to rebuild my working-memory map of the surrounding area if it puts me too far back, so frequent saves are a must. I also had to think carefully about when to end my session, and choose a time when I'd fully cleared everything behind me and had only one path forward.

It's been fun. Recommended for anyone who wants to improve their mental navigational abilities. I'll probably do this for the second game too when I finish this one, though I expect it to be a fair bit easier - the landscape is far more varied with plenty of distinctive landmarks.

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic