Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:56:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902433 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8960 on: December 17, 2017, 12:02:27 PM »

started to play yakuza kiwami. the fight with shimano at the funeral is fucking insanely tedious
ViktorTheBoar
Level 3

Hello :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8961 on: December 18, 2017, 10:40:15 AM »

For the last few weeks, I switch between:

Streets of Rogue
Brutal Doom and anything around it (heretic, hexen, wolfenstein, project brutality etc)
Cosmoteer
From Dust

DireLogomachist
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #8962 on: December 18, 2017, 06:19:11 PM »

Destiny 2.

I should stop playing Crucible and actually finish the campaign...

Living and dying by Hanlon's Razor
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8963 on: December 19, 2017, 08:37:59 AM »

the sidequests are so much less good and also by removing the ability to do a heat move from a grab from the brawler style and giving it to another as an unlockable that you need to grind for it ruined my normal flow
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8964 on: December 20, 2017, 01:03:54 AM »

Playing Nioh. Souls-like, the loot and spaghetti-level design is very good, but it is very repetitive on the enemy type encounter + Dark Souls was not only challenge but great art design, visuals that rewards you when you explored and find a new area, place or just a secret passage. The graphics is very bad, not only technically but also the art style.

Games:

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8965 on: December 20, 2017, 01:11:46 AM »

why Nioh artsyle is bad and how dark souls better
Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8966 on: December 20, 2017, 08:29:02 AM »

I finally completed Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, after a few years of not playing out of frustration with the Cuevas de la Locura  Addicted

And then, just for kicks, I went on and completed every single achievement... from STCE as well as Guacamelee Gold (I had both through the power of the Humble Bundle).

That meant 3 more full playthroughs  WTF

On the flip side, I can now get through Cuevas de la Locura quite reliably... Although I've had quite an easy time completing Guacamelee this time around... Maybe having recently completed They Bleed Pixels has something to do with that?  Evil

Note: I loooooove Guacamelee's art style and gameplay, almost makes me worried that the sequel might ruin it or something.

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8967 on: December 20, 2017, 08:41:22 AM »

i decided to quit elex and just replay gothic 2 instead. same thing i did with risen 2 and 3, except this time it took 35 hours rather than 3, which i guess counts as an improvement.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8968 on: December 20, 2017, 08:53:08 AM »

I think Nioh might be in my top 3-5 games of the year. Took about 15-20 hours to really get into it. It throws a lot of systems in your face and it takes a while to sort them all out.

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8969 on: December 21, 2017, 01:14:58 AM »

why Nioh artsyle is bad and how dark souls better

Dark Souls have a composition of the scenario that, expecially when you enter a new zone, shows you the new area with a lot of particulars: a castle in a distance, mountains on background, vegetation that frames all togheter:

Essentially it is a show of knowledge of the art style of the old centuries in Europe, rigid, hierarchical social structure, like this image in Kubrick "Barry Lyndon":

All to say that it is all very well thought and nothing left for granted.

In Nioh I could say for sure that this structure is completely left, maybe for too many compromise with the level design, that it is very well done and a very good taken from the Souls (the "spaghetti" level design). But added with just a few scenario (village, cavern and war zone), there is even less way to iterate all that.

I think Nioh might be in my top 3-5 games of the year. Took about 15-20 hours to really get into it. It throws a lot of systems in your face and it takes a while to sort them all out.
Good! But for me, I would not suggest to buy full price if you need 20 hours to get in (for me that it is a cons and not a pro)  Just to say Tongue I would definitely add Nier:Automata as one of the best action game of the year.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 01:25:21 AM by Ordnas » Logged

Games:

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8970 on: December 21, 2017, 01:43:02 AM »

so you want nioh to be set near some pastoral european cottages?
Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8971 on: December 21, 2017, 04:10:48 AM »

I'm replaying Pokémon Crystal

I recently made a Generation 2 specific pokédex to accompany me while I play, since I couldn't find a good website or app that already existed. Still working on adding a little more data to it, currently maybe 2/3 of the way through compiling all GSC trainer data in a format I can use to add a trainers page too. (Presently it has pokémon and move pages.)

And I am EXTREMELY tempted right now to make a pokémon fan game, for GBC

Imagine, Pokémon Summer Version and Pokémon Winter Version. The imaginary 2.5th Generation of Pokémon games. Take day/night and expand it to Pokémon encounters and events unique to each season. Better box management. Bring move reminders/deleters into the early gen games. Introduce physical/special/status split and broader move sets earlier in the series.

I really should not have found that Crystal disassembly it is giving me such horrible ideas
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8972 on: December 21, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »

yakuza 0 is one of the best games ive played and yakuza kiwami is a game ive played
Capntastic
Community Friendlord
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8973 on: December 21, 2017, 07:14:21 PM »

yakuza 0 is one of the best games ive played and yakuza kiwami is a game ive played

Do you feel your appreciation for both would change if you had played them in the other order?  I dunno what the release dates were
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8974 on: December 22, 2017, 03:18:09 AM »

nioh lacks memorable landmarks and suchlike. there's also just a distinct lack of "unique" features about the level design. it recycles the same enemies and assets a lot and the "secrets" you find tend to be the same kind of shit you find in the non secret part of the level anyway. i feel art wise it may have worked better if there weren't so many night levels? the night lighting makes everything look samey.

still a fun game however.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:24:36 AM by Silbereisen » Logged
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8975 on: December 22, 2017, 03:49:17 AM »

Do you feel your appreciation for both would change if you had played them in the other order?  I dunno what the release dates were

I think it would change very minutely. The core gameplay is still good, but the problems in kiwami are structural. The story just isn't very good, the characters are insanely one dimensional and the directing and pacing of everything is really rushed. There's just a constant carousel of pointless characters who are contextually important to the characters but you never, ever see why, so nothing has any weight to it. 0 meanwhile has some of the most enjoyable character writing in games.

Where my opinion of kiwami would be better is the 4th fighting style, which is unlockable in 0 but I had no idea. You get it off the bat in kiwami but they super metroid you and make it unusably bad without grinding. Also in 0 theres no experience, you level up using money, which honestly works better because you're not left with piles of a useless resource when you have what you want or need.

Kiwami is a good game it's just not a great game. Also it has one of the worst boss fights in history
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8976 on: December 22, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »

i could get a bundle of yakuza 0 + kiwami for 65 euros. do u think that would be worth it or should i just get 0?
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8977 on: December 22, 2017, 12:12:40 PM »

nioh lacks memorable landmarks and suchlike. there's also just a distinct lack of "unique" features about the level design. it recycles the same enemies and assets a lot and the "secrets" you find tend to be the same kind of shit you find in the non secret part of the level anyway. i feel art wise it may have worked better if there weren't so many night levels? the night lighting makes everything look samey.

I thought the landmarks were cool because a lot of those places are real and fairly well done recreations. The bridge with the multiple bumps is spot on.

I agree about the night stuff though. Awful lot of night levels in that game.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #8978 on: December 22, 2017, 03:02:29 PM »

i could get a bundle of yakuza 0 + kiwami for 65 euros. do u think that would be worth it or should i just get 0?
how much do they cost individually? 0 is an absolute must buy but kiwami is imo optional if you want to support future releases
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8979 on: December 23, 2017, 05:16:36 AM »

I thought the landmarks were cool because a lot of those places are real and fairly well done recreations. The bridge with the multiple bumps is spot on.

I agree about the night stuff though. Awful lot of night levels in that game.

If the game showed those places at the beginning of the game, instead of the castle, the village and the cavern in thr first 6 hours of gameplay, maybe the levels could had been more unique from the start. I think probably caused by problems with the development (Nioh was shown as a PS2 game for the first time) and repetitive assets were a trade-off to solve gameplay longevity.

Games:

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic