Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 02:08:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902192 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: February 10, 2018, 02:31:28 AM »

you know what was a good game? ace combat x on the psp
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9101 on: February 10, 2018, 05:52:53 AM »

Ordnas: I do have Cuphead, and I'm two parts into it so far. Just... SO. MANY. GOOD. GAMES. "!!!". :D

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9102 on: February 10, 2018, 12:08:18 PM »

Ordnas: I do have Cuphead, and I'm two parts into it so far. Just... SO. MANY. GOOD. GAMES. "!!!". :D

Lol! I would just try to play one game at a time, for example I bought Assassin's Creed Origins and I want to play it so much, but I forced myself to play first Celeste and Subnautica, because I bought them before Assassin's.

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: February 10, 2018, 12:53:41 PM »

playing the computer game "yakuza 2" pretty good
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: February 10, 2018, 01:12:04 PM »

thoughts so far:

early on you are introduced to an enemy, who is wearing a hoodie that has "FART" written on it in large, green text

the tone of the cutscene direction seems much better than the original, but it still does that thing where it thrusts characters into situations with no interstitial explanations for how they got there and it gives this weird, clipped pace sometimes
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9105 on: February 10, 2018, 05:15:58 PM »

It's what I'm doing. But I just got done working 5 months of ridiculous overtime, right when a lot of this stuff launched and... I'm buried alive in qwesomeness now. XD

pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9106 on: February 11, 2018, 11:58:52 AM »

youre fucked up as dad
i hope overwatch has easy mode bot game, otherwise enjoy your kid being called a retard and kicked out if he uses mic

He barely knows English and definitely not allowed to connect to team voice. Pretty tame language in the text chat so far.

Almost all his friends play. Game must be absolutely full of young kids. It is the accepted "shooter not really for kids but better than any of the alternatives" around here. Love that it takes away attention from crappy free to play ipad games.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: February 11, 2018, 12:07:41 PM »

its good to teach your child the hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills needed to shoot his peers imo
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: February 11, 2018, 02:52:07 PM »

all the side shit sucks in yakuza 2. i hope they localise the remake soon
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: February 13, 2018, 03:07:11 AM »

completed the yakuza 2 computer game by using a speedup toggle and not doing the very unfun side quests. the combat hasn't aged that badly but the bosses suck ass. the basic structure of the plot is pretty good except they could have done with sending it to a screenwriter for one final revision to remove the stupid bullshit

there's a literal rooftop evil twin gun showdown, which is used as a plot contrivance to achieve essentially nothing

there's a giant castle, which splits in two to reveal a different coloured castle inside

there's a cutscene where the main guy gets really sad and stands around in the rain, then he gets stabbed and walks off. for no reason whatsoever this is set to a licensed song. this is apparently one of the most important aspects of the game to superfans.

the game sets up a big gang fight showdown and then immediately reverses course with layer upon layer of stupid plot contrivances to write a path through without having to show or do anything. one character steps up to give a weirdly dispassionate speech, while shirtless for no reason (he is clothed immediately prior to and after the scene), to lead 300 men into battle. then immediately there's a bomb threat which the police won't investigate because it was told to them by a fugitive(Huh?) so the 300 men need to defuse the bombs

any time the pace picks up and the plot starts progressing or getting interesting you have to do dumb shit with a child for no reason just before the climax

you fight the "final boss", and then after beating him another guy comes out and is like "aha, it was me all along! i faked my on death etc etc". you beat him and then another, different guy comes out and is like "aha! it was me all along!" and kills the previous guy who it was all along. and then there's a final three stooges flourish where the first guy you beat wakes up and kills the second guy who it was all along, so the two guys who popped up at the very end to say it was them all along immediately die and you go back to fighting the final boss again.

then there's the heavy handed melodrama of the finale, which actually i enjoyed except for the fact they involved a giant bomb on a timer in it. then after the credits they reveal that the bomb was a fake.

in spite of everything i thought was stupid and shitty i really enjoyed it. with an editing pass it would have been perfect. 7/10.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: February 13, 2018, 05:36:58 AM »

Sound like a japanese game plot, sit wells right aside Kojima and co, you have to atone for your americanized taste now.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: February 13, 2018, 05:47:29 AM »

thats exactly the problem. its written by people who learned to write by watching movies instead of learning to write.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: February 13, 2018, 08:55:26 AM »

Started playing Yakuza zero with my partner yesterday. I think we played for about 10 hours straight. I went to bed at that point with the deal that only side quests are done while I'm asleep.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: February 13, 2018, 11:07:44 AM »

Started playing Yakuza zero with my partner yesterday. I think we played for about 10 hours straight. I went to bed at that point with the deal that only side quests are done while I'm asleep.

the side quests are so good. but congratulations to you and i hope you both enjoy it as i have
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: February 13, 2018, 03:32:42 PM »

So far I don't think I've missed more than one or two. It's surprising how good the ones I've seen are though. I'm going to try to have that not happen as much this time. In previous games there's been a couple times I went to work and woke up in the morning to see the last of the side missions for that area being completed.

My partner is loving it but she's always been crazy addicted to the Yakuza games.

RK
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: February 13, 2018, 05:55:52 PM »

I like Yakuza 4 of Yakuza series as much as I like San Andreas of GTA series Tongue
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9116 on: February 14, 2018, 01:34:01 AM »

I only played Yakuza 1 on PS2, despite the clanky fighting system, I find the story quite interesting, even if it was nothing special.

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: February 14, 2018, 02:41:27 AM »

I only played Yakuza 1 on PS2, despite the clanky fighting system, I find the story quite interesting, even if it was nothing special.
i cannot impress upon you strongly enough how much you should play yakuza 0. the best analogy i can come up with is that you have watched terminator: genisys but have not yet watched terminator 2.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9118 on: February 15, 2018, 12:59:59 AM »

i cannot impress upon you strongly enough how much you should play yakuza 0. the best analogy i can come up with is that you have watched terminator: genisys but have not yet watched terminator 2.

You're absolutly right, I need to play Yakuza 0. I saw the part with Goro Majuma and it was brilliant!

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: February 15, 2018, 11:11:27 AM »

majima is a one dimensional nothing in yakuza 1, whereas the story in yakuza 0 has stuck with me longer than nier automata. the quality of work they put into rehabilitating the shitty writing of the earlier yakuza games is like hiring the worlds strongest man to move your desk. play the game. play it.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic