Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:36:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903161 times)
v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9200 on: May 30, 2018, 01:53:54 AM »

are you going to start witcher 1?

Yep, started yesterday evening. I plan to play the whole trilogy (I know I'm late on this Tongue)
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9201 on: May 30, 2018, 01:57:22 AM »

ok
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9202 on: June 21, 2018, 02:21:16 PM »

I've been playing the "Make a Good Megaman Level 2 Contest". It's the product of a contest where a bunch of people used a Megaman level maker to make levels to submit, some judges rated them, then the whole thing got packaged with a hub world and a bunch of extra content including extra levels and bosses by the judges.

It's surprisingly deep, with a heap of unlockables (some cosmetic, some change the mechanics), boss rushes, judge commentary, and some shallow but amusing plot to tie it together. The levels vary between ones that just try to make something that would feel at home in an NES Megaman title, while others try to do crazy things with the Megaman mechanics.

The judge commentary is especially interesting, as the judges frequently discuss very basic elements of game design such as enemy selection and placement, the use of gimmicks and variation of such, boss design, and of course, visuals. The end of the game features more heaps of content by the judges that reflects the design ideals they express in their commentary (including a lot of shameless borrowing and improvement of assets from the contest levels). If you like hard games, it also has achievements and some really difficult optional challenges.

Absolutely play all of the submission levels (even the shitty ones) before the finale, because the contest organizer made certain that even the worst submissions see fun callbacks.

https://magmmlcom.ipage.com/magmml2.php

The "2" in the title is because it's the second contest, not a contest about the second Megaman game. Evidently a third contest is in the works, looks like it would be fun to submit to.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9203 on: June 22, 2018, 12:18:11 AM »

I am playing Batman: The Telltale Series and it is very bad: characters that act in a inconsistent way throughout the story, facial reactions that are inappropriate in that particular context, bad animations, important decisions that are ridiculous and the list goes on. It isn't just one of the worst Telltale game, but one of the worst story I played in a game where the narrative is the most important thing.

Games:

v790
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9204 on: June 24, 2018, 11:54:23 PM »

I am playing Batman: The Telltale Series and it is very bad: characters that act in a inconsistent way throughout the story, facial reactions that are inappropriate in that particular context, bad animations, important decisions that are ridiculous and the list goes on. It isn't just one of the worst Telltale game, but one of the worst story I played in a game where the narrative is the most important thing.

Didn't like it either
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9205 on: July 04, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »

they fired the founder and switch to unity after that game

2mass
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9206 on: July 07, 2018, 05:01:42 AM »

Currently trying to learn to better play Pavlov VR against the kids  Gentleman

So yea, it's not me screaming on russian at the end of the vid, just some kid with a bad hair day or something.

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9207 on: July 08, 2018, 10:16:56 PM »

Going from rank 18 to rank 15 in ARMS  Lips Sealed competion is stiff, the game has infinite skill ceiling  Waaagh! Can't play as mush as before, still under 500h, then I look at other with 1200h and I can't even hit them ever, I can't even feel how to do anything against them, even when they do nothing I can feel the space being closed around me  Waaagh!

LoBFCanti
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #9208 on: July 14, 2018, 11:19:54 PM »

Going from rank 18 to rank 15 in ARMS  Lips Sealed competion is stiff, the game has infinite skill ceiling  Waaagh! Can't play as mush as before, still under 500h, then I look at other with 1200h and I can't even hit them ever, I can't even feel how to do anything against them, even when they do nothing I can feel the space being closed around me  Waaagh!

ARMS is a hard game for me in terms of gauging approaches to opponent tactics. The character gimmicks for a lot of characters kind of just work and not without much draw back. Ninjara, Ribbon Girl and Springtron give me a lot of trouble- and I hear people speak on how to punish the unique abilities- but  there is so many factors to worry about beyond the characters. The speed of your arms, the max distance, the shape of the stage, it feels really overwhelming at times.

The Nintendo fighters in general feel like a lot to take on; Pokken's phase shift system is cool but as you learn that some characters want to be in a particular mode more, you come to consider how get and stay in that mode but the indicator for when the phases shift is not visible- it is a hidden value attached to each attack. I don't get why that wouldn't be displayed on the UI someplace- it could simply be a gauge right underneath the damage values displayed during combos. Smash bothers just isn't built in a fashion that could ever make me love it. I really like the ganbarion JUMP comics games for DS, they are really fun and straightforward platform fighters and really got competitive in small circles. I wish more platform fighters were designed in that vein.

But on what I've been playing recently: Tons of Hollow Knight on Switch and Pocket Rumble. I don't they hit the mark with the simplification of special inputs with pocket rumble. The diagonal input with a button hold cause more overlap than a quarter circle motion. It is difficult to do crouching attacks into special moves. They offer you "tap only" type mapping in your button config to try and remedy this overlap, You will never accidentally get special input usage that mapping. I kind of want the opposite. Every character has exactly 4 special moves- I wish they had just made special A and B buttons and you get a different special move by simply hitting as a neutral input or with down + (input).

Hollow Knight is great though.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9209 on: July 15, 2018, 02:08:08 AM »

mentally gearing up to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 by piledriving rowdy bystanders as i cross roads on foot, go grocery shopping etc
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9210 on: July 16, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »

Fortnite is free on switch, 3 kills at 20h player game, I can finish 2nd by cowering smartly inside enemy camp or let te big boye fight

Waiting for warframe swicth

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: July 16, 2018, 06:19:49 AM »

all the thrill of waiting out the round in counter strike combined with the dull tedium of mine craft. sounds utterly intoxicating.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: July 16, 2018, 11:45:10 AM »

It is, I played in team match, I'm glad there is much more to do rather shooting peoples, I can be a medic and build hospital to protect wounded people. Also fast building inside a firefight is quite the new experience, nothing like minecraft. Don't forget the game is on a timer with a shrinking surface that keeps you on your move and increase stakes during a party.

Give a try to some video that show end party fight, that's quite amazing, building within a shooter is quite the game changer. Also building double as a navigation tools, the only waiting you do is when you are low skills and try to survive, as your aiming and environment awareness grew, the game has quite the acceleration. And the gathering part is also not as slow as minecraft and very focus.

The focus on surviving is what balance the game of expert vs newcomer, newcomer can get quite far by just surviving instead of dying every 3 seconds like in typical p2p game, and team mechanics is also very helpful in bringing you up to speed. Now if they could have some melee deep gameplay I would shine more lol.

This does not look slow tedium at all:

Actually building is the biggest innovation in shooter so far by offering a counter, defense gameplay that deepen the way we approach thing.

yawningbang
Level 0

ya

View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: July 19, 2018, 09:04:17 AM »

Still have love for Botw even though I've already played for 300 hours.
Some RPG mobile games. And Heroes of the storm. That game definitely doesn't get the love it deserves.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9214 on: July 20, 2018, 12:29:47 AM »

Just started playing Dragon Ball FighterZ, after stop playing prematurely Ys VIII: Macro mode of Dana: going to the other side of the map just because you missed a little spot to cover entire 100% of the zone and progress to the story (I was at 99%) IMHO it is crazy and not fun. Also the story is nonsense (wolves planning an ambush starring from the sea cost???) and do not explore the characters and relations between them. And backtracking and slow progression is everywhere. I preferred Ys Origins more.

Games:

Applixir Kyle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: July 24, 2018, 03:54:09 PM »

I decided to check out Far Cry 5. It seems like your typical open world Ubisoft game. There's a lot to do which can feel overwhelming. Fortunately most of what you can do I enjoy. The hunting and fishing mechanics are intuitive, the fishing itself is like a minigame. Prepper stashes are addicting puzzles to solve. I find myself solving them even when I'm full up on ammo and supplies.

It can be frustrating though. I don't like that the main campaign missions force themselves on you as you make progress in a region. I don't want to go deal with a story mission, I'm busy trying to run over this elk with my truck! The enemies seem too dialed up as well. They'll trip over themselves to kill you, even if it means killing themselves. That definitely should have been tuned down.

I'm about halfway through the game and it's sitting at a 3/5 for me right now.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: July 24, 2018, 04:43:26 PM »

Two Worlds. I love this game. It's way underrated. Playing with a bow, with maxed sneaking and stealing and robbing people left and right is much fun.
14 hours in and lot's of map to uncover.
Too bad the armors, as power progresses, start to punish non melee character with "can't use bow with this" nonsense.

But either way, it's a solid game to get lost in.

Yeah.
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9217 on: July 24, 2018, 11:55:23 PM »

I decided to check out Far Cry 5. It seems like your typical open world Ubisoft game. There's a lot to do which can feel overwhelming. Fortunately most of what you can do I enjoy. The hunting and fishing mechanics are intuitive, the fishing itself is like a minigame. Prepper stashes are addicting puzzles to solve. I find myself solving them even when I'm full up on ammo and supplies.

It can be frustrating though. I don't like that the main campaign missions force themselves on you as you make progress in a region. I don't want to go deal with a story mission, I'm busy trying to run over this elk with my truck! The enemies seem too dialed up as well. They'll trip over themselves to kill you, even if it means killing themselves. That definitely should have been tuned down.

I also enjoyed Far Cry 5, even if it is "far" from a perfect game. I liked that they did not fill the map with icons, instead you need to explore and talk to people to get quests.
The way that the game forces you to do the story quest (shooting a dard to make you sleep and "teleport" you to a story scene mission) it feels too predictable and annoying after a while.

Games:

Applixir Kyle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: July 25, 2018, 03:55:00 PM »

I also enjoyed Far Cry 5, even if it is "far" from a perfect game. I liked that they did not fill the map with icons, instead you need to explore and talk to people to get quests.
The way that the game forces you to do the story quest (shooting a dard to make you sleep and "teleport" you to a story scene mission) it feels too predictable and annoying after a while.

Just last night I was playing around, didn't even know I was being "hunted", flying around in a helicopter. Got all blurred by Bliss. Thought I must have flew through an exploded canister or something. Jumped out to parachute down to the destination I was intending to visit and instead got teleported to a 30 minute long story mission. That's the most annoyed I've been with a forced story mission so far.

I do like what you mentioned with finding icons on your own by way of people, maps, signs, et cetera. Definitely helps solve the Ubisoft issue of overwhelming the player with too much to do. I mean, I'm a completionist so I'll still check everything out.
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9219 on: July 25, 2018, 10:33:25 PM »

Aarklash Legacy - at the recommendation of a friend, quite interesting combat.
Warhammer DoW 2 - cleaning up the expansions I didn't get to complete.
Supreme Commander - those last missions tend to be considerably difficult.

Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic