Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:24:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 902479 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9360 on: September 26, 2018, 12:32:33 PM »

i completed the ftl computer game so im allowed to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 as time allows
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9361 on: September 27, 2018, 02:09:54 AM »

Persona 4 Golden - It's turning out to be one of my favourite RPG's ever made. I'm about 60 hours and I'm pretty sure I'm only about 1/2 way through the story.

Elex - About 3 hours in and all I can do are the "social" quests because combat is DESTROYING me.

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9362 on: September 27, 2018, 02:21:23 AM »

i completed the ftl computer game so im allowed to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 as time allows

Whole-E hell. You actually managed to beat FTL? I didn't even think that was possible.

Bernord
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9363 on: October 01, 2018, 11:35:13 AM »

Whole-E hell. You actually managed to beat FTL? I didn't even think that was possible.

I've played FTL last year a lot, yeah it's surprising how the game is simple, but takes so much RNG to find new ships, and once you get them, it sure is much easier. Maybe he beat the game on easy though. XD
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9364 on: October 02, 2018, 10:16:09 AM »

My wife beat FTL on easy, and I've beat FTL on hard, with a lot of luck. It's a fantastic game, and if you spend a bit of time understanding how it should be played ( sync all weapons, target enemy weapons, shields, driving, etc. ) , and what you should take advantage off, I'd say normal difficulty is quite accessible, especially with the right ship.

The best part about FTL is how you have a ton of stories to tell after playing it.
How you got stranded cause your teleporter was destroyed and couldn't teleport your crew back.
How you took out the O2 system of the other ship with a sabotage drone, cloaked away from missiles and the opponents died because they ran out of air.
How the enemy ship had superior shields, so I'd mind control each enemy crew member one by one and teleport them to my ship then take them out, until the enemy ship had nobody left.
It's filled with great stories like that.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9365 on: October 02, 2018, 10:59:26 AM »

all of my ftl stories are i used the ion thing to mess up their shit then killed them with another thing or i tried to do that but died instead
Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9366 on: October 02, 2018, 12:08:44 PM »

That's how it is in the start. It'll change once you start playing with the other ships.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9367 on: October 02, 2018, 12:34:15 PM »

i have 3 ships but to ask me to not play as "the torus" is anathema to me. this is like playing guardian heroes and expecting me to do magic instead of play as the sword guy and put all my points into strength for 15 years
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9368 on: October 03, 2018, 03:44:31 AM »

So that's why you could never get into megaman :O

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9369 on: October 03, 2018, 05:58:49 AM »

Actually doing the same thing over and over again regardless of the ever changing world, its culture, and the ephemeral tastes of entertainment consumers should predispose me to being a mega man guy
Chalpie
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9370 on: October 05, 2018, 11:23:55 AM »

I'm picking up AC: Odyssey from the post tonight, i feel like so many people are buying the new games that it is not even worth mentioning. In my house new games don't move in a lot, so it's kinda important  Shrug
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9371 on: October 08, 2018, 02:07:26 AM »

I will play Odyssey for sure, I quite liked the new design change of Assassins Creed in Origin, and I am curious how the story changes based on the decision you do.

Games:

Dinomaniak
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9372 on: October 08, 2018, 04:30:59 PM »

Although am a huge fan of PoP, I gave up playing at the first AC's.
How about Abe's Oddysee ? any oldskool connoiusseurs ?

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9373 on: October 09, 2018, 09:43:37 AM »

Finished Persona 4 Golden. That's a monster of an RPG, eh? Almost 90 hours to mainline it. (Seriously, it's DESTROYED my productivity for the last few months). Blink

Plan on starting Steam World Heist next. Excite!

Oh, and Elex can die in a fire. I'm all for games that need to be played a specific way, but if there's only one right way to play your game and a million wrong ways and you don't explain that in any way shape or form then how the hell do you expect people to enjoy your game?

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9374 on: October 10, 2018, 12:17:43 AM »

Risen 2 when came out was already "old" and wrong in so many modern design: the combat system was from the 90'Gothic, exploits in the combat system, the progression was too slow, the dialogs were very basic to say a few. I quite enjoyed the world and the exploration, and I could understand that your budget in animation is not great, but at least I can't understand why Piranha bytes do not take examples from the games in the market today.

Games:

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9375 on: October 10, 2018, 12:19:56 AM »

90'Gothic
gothic was millenium as it gets
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9376 on: October 10, 2018, 02:43:36 AM »

Risen 2 when came out was already "old" and wrong in so many modern design: the combat system was from the 90'Gothic, exploits in the combat system, the progression was too slow, the dialogs were very basic to say a few. I quite enjoyed the world and the exploration, and I could understand that your budget in animation is not great, but at least I can't understand why Piranha bytes do not take examples from the games in the market today.

I think the world and story in Elex are great (and the voice acting is deliciously bad). But it's exactly like you say, the combat system is janky AF because apparently they want you to feel weak at first, they accomplish this by making it impenetrable. The idea is since you're so weak you'll run around exploring and doing social quests until you've levelled enough to handle the enemies. Problem is, the rewards for level are so minute that you'd have to spend countless hours doing them just to be able to level you're skills enough to do any damage what so ever. There's a disconnect there too, what does running around talking to people have to do with combat proficiency? And why does actual combat net you less experience than grabbing a dude a beer? I mean, the game isn't telling you so much that they want you to explore the world as they are telling you that combat is useless and a complete waste of your time...

</rant>

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: October 10, 2018, 08:10:18 AM »

All their best got hired at CDproject Job's Vacuum cleaner anyway. The witcher made all the competitor in janky euro rpg suddenly slim of talent.

ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9378 on: October 10, 2018, 09:45:20 AM »

I just finished Pipe Push Paradise. Weird difficulty curve at first, but it really hit its stride toward the end of the game. Not super long, pretty satisfying. If you liked Stephen's Sausage Roll, it's definitely worth a look.

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: October 10, 2018, 09:53:06 AM »

All their best got hired at CDproject Job's Vacuum cleaner anyway. The witcher made all the competitor in janky euro rpg suddenly slim of talent.
is there any info on that? I dont think theres much germans working in cd project, thq nordic and deep silver dominate that region.
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic