Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 02:24:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 905452 times)
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: October 10, 2018, 03:29:35 PM »

Problem is, the rewards for level are so minute that you'd have to spend countless hours doing them just to be able to level you're skills enough to do any damage what so ever.

one of elex's biggest problems is the stat system. the stats don't actually do anything on their own (despite descriptions implying otherwise, leading players to believe that stats are bugged), they are just used for gating skills and gear. because stat requirements are absurdly high, this means progression happens in fits and starts and there's a lot of empty grinding before your character actually gets better.

some of this could be rectified with better balancing, but unfortunately the current studio lead of piranha bytes has an inflated ego and refuses to acknowledge criticism (he got huffy and denied there is anything wrong with the game systems in elex on a german stream lol). they also seemingly abandoned the game after just 2 patches.

elex ultimately did the same thing for me that the risen games did: i uninstalled it and just replayed gothic 2 instead.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: October 12, 2018, 01:07:26 AM »

I downloaded and installed Halfquake Trilogy because I obviously didn't learn my lesson from the last time I played any of these three years ago. Wow! All three Halfquake mods in one easy to choke on package? I could just die.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: October 12, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »

Booting up the play station computer to play Yakuza Kiwami 2 again. Will give a full and thorough Joe's Review when I am done
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: October 12, 2018, 06:22:01 PM »

200h of fortnite because i haz nothing else, still a noob at it, god build fight skill ceiling is hugh, and i don't build ... reeeeeeee!!!

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9384 on: October 12, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »

there are br games without a janky and awful leftover build mechanic

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: October 13, 2018, 01:06:49 AM »

they should make some sort of singleplayer mode for it
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:06 AM »

there are br games without a janky and awful leftover build mechanic
Not only it's not janky and a left over, as it is a core of the experience, but it's the best build mechanics you could have in game. Most game have you fiddle with bad alignment and janky menu, this game allow you to build while moving, while aiming at your opponent. Top player can build a t3 in under one second (t3 = a height 3 tower). That's super efficient build mechanics.

My complain is more about that it's so efficient that I feel like a old geezer. I was trained in simple click and play shooter, where the best sophistication was there was level with "different height" to allow for "vertical" gameplay. They had small map you have to memorize to get gud.

This is no click and play, it's like going from 2d mario to 3d mario, there is suddenly a big added dimension that player exploit fully, while you are still trying to just aim at them. they shoot, build shoot, and there is counter measure to defense play which involve more building. But I'm like still trained to pea shooter, I'm like an open prey in the field "a bambi" like the kid like to say.

On top of that the game is heavily about resources management, you have to monitor your ammo, material (for build) and health resources (healing take quite a time and you can't move, so that's a major tactical consideration), you are constantly juggling different parameters on top of the usual shooter things.

I tried other br game and they are like crash bandicoot vs mario 64, they are old game that pretend to be new for old geezer pretend they are in like the new cool kids, but they are literally the vhs to the blueray. They are for people who refuse to move forward.

I mean I don't complain about the build fight gameplay, seeing an entire fort being organically build as a opposing force meet together is still quite a sight.

I'm complaining because I still fall back to whack a mole fps, where you shoot then go to cover, meanwhile the cool kid do a t3 to assess the situation, then ramp over my head and fall down my head with a shotgun killing me almost instantly because headshoot.

I need to get on the time and move to 3d shooting gameplay. I need to stop cover and start building.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: October 13, 2018, 11:42:32 AM »

Tried playing that hollow knight game and I like the atmosphere and stuff but the shit that happens when you get hit is incredibly annoying
Fanaticdozzy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: October 13, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »

formite fornite and fornite Tongue

Just do it !
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: October 13, 2018, 01:43:29 PM »

Tried playing that hollow knight game and I like the atmosphere and stuff but the shit that happens when you get hit is incredibly annoying
the first upgrade I saw was to make this annoying shit last longer
J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9390 on: October 14, 2018, 10:29:16 AM »

Just don't get hit, Sloppy Joe.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
Julien
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: October 15, 2018, 03:29:34 AM »

Mana Spark, this game is great !
https://store.steampowered.com/app/630720/Mana_Spark/

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9392 on: October 17, 2018, 12:06:24 AM »

I also did not like Hollow Knight, it is praised as a fantastic game so probably I did not approach it well, I like metroidvania games (Ori and the Blind Forest, Apotheon and also the mediocre Shantae), but in Hollow Knight I did not liked the level design, with too many back-tracking expecially at the beginning and the combat system too forced to have a Souls-like feeling and punishment.

Games:

NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9393 on: October 17, 2018, 03:42:54 AM »

I also did not like Hollow Knight, it is praised as a fantastic game so probably I did not approach it well, I like metroidvania games (Ori and the Blind Forest, Apotheon and also the mediocre Shantae), but in Hollow Knight I did not liked the level design, with too many back-tracking expecially at the beginning and the combat system too forced to have a Souls-like feeling and punishment.

I bounced off Shantae as well. I bounce off of most Way Forward games, I'm willing to keep trying to play them because they're gorgeous but I've yet to fall in love with any of them.

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9394 on: October 19, 2018, 01:57:55 AM »

Personally I like only Shantae: Pirate's Curse in the series, even if it has a lot of issues (a lot of backtracking and the platform section in the last level just to say a few), I loved the characters and the soundtrack. The game having a lot of issues is still enjoyable but I am not surprised if someone does not like it, it is quite of personal taste in a game like this.

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: October 28, 2018, 03:44:11 PM »

Completed Yakuza Kiwami 2. Honestly I had kind of reached a point where I wasn't really feeling it, but the finale is still really good and satisfying even if it is very stupid.

Ultimately I have to conclude that despite fixing some of the engine's technical shortcomings, Yakuza 6 is a much better game than Kiwami 2. I will maybe write a more detailed post in the future on my blog here, but it's worth your money and I got well over 30 hours out of it
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9396 on: October 30, 2018, 12:57:53 AM »

I did not have doubts that 6 was better than Kiwaki 2, even if it is a remastered with upgrades and fixes, basically it is the same game from the PS2, with the same plot and story progression. Usually the sequels better.

Games:

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: October 30, 2018, 06:13:05 AM »

I'm playing Red Dead Redemption II.
It's good.

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: October 30, 2018, 07:01:10 AM »

It's good.
I'm not
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9399 on: October 30, 2018, 07:23:33 AM »

It's good.
I'm not
Same. No interest what-so-ever. Glad people are enjoying it though.

Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic