Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411276 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 12:00:40 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 894099 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: November 25, 2018, 03:22:19 AM »

fuck it gonna buy a third copy of Transformers: Devastation. many thanks to dead cells.
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: November 25, 2018, 07:35:39 AM »

Isn’t transformers devastation off the shelves?

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: November 25, 2018, 09:04:41 AM »

Isn’t transformers devastation off the shelves?
it's off the digital shelves, yes. but actual shelf shelves live lives eternal.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: November 26, 2018, 10:59:02 AM »

Currently playing through Half-life for the first time in ... 19-20 years? (cheese 'n rice I'm getting old...). While I'll agree that the game was a revelation at the time (and mostly still holds up) if you're looking for where corridor shooters started look no further than the og Half-life. The game is just one really long tube, it opens up occasionally but for the most part it leads you by the nose.

imo half life 1 is a much better game than hl2, whose gimmicky and tedious physics puzzles have aged incredibly poorly
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9444 on: November 27, 2018, 01:09:55 AM »

The gravity gun is still fun to play with!

Games:

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: November 27, 2018, 01:48:17 AM »

ys lacrimosa of dana
metal gear survive
spider-man (dont forget the hypen!)
million phone ánime girl rpgs

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
NowSayPillow
Level 1

John Carmack Clone

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9446 on: November 27, 2018, 03:14:59 AM »

HL : Opposing Force - Owned it for the better part of 15 years, finally gonna give it a go
Doom 3 - I don't usually play horror games (twitchy or otherwise), and this game is stressin' me out
Battlechasers: Nightwar - Only a couple hours in, but I'm digging it a fair bit so far

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: November 28, 2018, 02:20:23 PM »

Been playing some Transformers Devastation. It's like visiting an old friend. If I don't have a yakuza game on the go there's no reason for me to play anything but this.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: November 29, 2018, 02:32:44 PM »

I'm struck again by how much of this game was used as a test bed for Nier. Simply wonderful.
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: November 29, 2018, 03:06:20 PM »

the challenge mission where you fight all the decepticons at once is the modern video game equivalent of the first stage of streets of rage 2 to me. i can play it then feel satisfied and turn it off. are there any other games that capture this feeling for you, the reader?
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9450 on: December 02, 2018, 02:20:36 AM »

100 man duel way of the samurai 2

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9451 on: December 03, 2018, 03:16:05 AM »

Soul Calibur 6, the animations are really beautiful, but the campaign is a bit disappointing, no cinematic animations and a bit too grinding.

Games:

J-Snake
Level 10

A fool with a tool is still a fool.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9452 on: December 05, 2018, 04:20:40 PM »

Doom 3 - I don't usually play horror games (twitchy or otherwise), and this game is stressin' me out
Doom3 boggled my mind for some time. The gameplay is so clunky and one sided, I wondered what went through the designer's head. I concluded he didn't know it either.

Independent game developer with an elaborate focus on interesting gameplay, rewarding depth of play and technical quality.<br /><br />Trap Them: http://store.steampowered.com/app/375930
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: December 07, 2018, 05:50:32 AM »

they put star fox in botw and this give you fortnite season 7

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: December 07, 2018, 04:48:17 PM »

Holy shit, that plane addition is awesome, you can hijack plane airborn, by grabbing one of the resting spot, fight over with the pilot by jumping from spot and spot, while the plane is still flying (and falling) so you need to occasionally jump in the pilot seat (where you can aim and fire with gun at the resting spot) so you don't crash miserably.

Epic lol

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: December 08, 2018, 02:39:13 PM »

Doom3 boggled my mind for some time. The gameplay is so clunky and one sided, I wondered what went through the designer's head. I concluded he didn't know it either.

i might be wrong, but doom 3 just screams troubled dev history to me. i wouldn't be surprised if development was restarted a couple of times and what we got was essentially cobbled together from several unfinished versions.
Türbo Bröther
Fidget Crooner
Pixelhead
Level 10

Rockin' it inside out

View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: December 08, 2018, 04:17:58 PM »

It's still a very good looking game though.
litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9457 on: December 09, 2018, 01:28:26 AM »

Just finished Firewatch and loved it.

I liked the story, from the introductory tear-jerker story to the mystery reveals and the ending. Found it to be a fine slice of life and I enjoyed most of my time with it.
I didn't like the jumping over obstacles, that was for the most part just busy work that didn't require any specific skill or equipment to "solve", could have done away with less of it.
Didn't like the pathing either. Too many instances of "Come on, I could climb that in real life", but it wasn't a major issue, at least I haven't encountered any straight-out invisible walls.

Despite liking the story in Firewatch (and most similar games) I'm left wondering why do most of these walking-simulator adventures have to be steeped in mystery and turned into a thriller of some sort?

gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: December 09, 2018, 06:39:05 AM »

what else there is to do in a walking sim then? mystery is what pulls you by engaging with the story rather than the world like in typical game, ie it's the anticipation. Thriller is certainly the solution to add tension. Anticipation and tension are the basis of the experience to avoid boring you.

Do you have any idea to break out that formula into something new?

litHermit
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9459 on: December 09, 2018, 10:05:10 AM »

I don't mind having tension beats and dramatic moments, aka "problems to solve". It's more the extent to which these games go - an "all or nothing" affair that's becoming a bit dull for me. Every story is this grand connected mystery.
I would have enjoyed Firewatch as a psycho-analytical game, rather than one pushing for a sense of danger.

But mind you I enjoy just the "walk" and exploration in these games, being mindful of the environment (and story, if any). Games like Proteus are not lost on me.

Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic