Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:32:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWhat are you playing?
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 486
Print
Author Topic: What are you playing?  (Read 903228 times)
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9520 on: February 21, 2019, 05:49:09 AM »

who the fuck could possibly have time for all this bullshit, jesus

and why do you give me infinite magic bombs for free but every weapon in the game breaks in a single encounter and you can only carry a few
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9521 on: February 27, 2019, 01:10:04 AM »

No matter how many mountains, recipes, or constantly breaking swords you put in your open world games, I will always be seeking an experience even halfway approaching the high watermark of just running through a yakuza organisation headquarters and beating insane amounts of ass
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9522 on: March 08, 2019, 05:58:42 PM »

So... CrossCode.

This game is a strange beast.

The intro sequence made a pretty bad impression on me, particularly with respect to the writing. Everybody was way too wordy, most NPCs had obnoxiously exaggerated accents and speech quirks, and none of the characters gave me any reason to care about them. Particularly the main character - her reaction to everything is so opposite to mine, it's almost impressive. I don't think I've ever been able to identify less with a protagonist.

Toward the end of the intro zone, there's a pretty enjoyable puzzle dungeon. If not for this, I would have quit the game right there. So, it showed me that there's something of worth buried under the mountains of annoying text. I pressed forward in search of more things like that dungeon, mostly skipping through the dialogue whenever I could.

It maintained just enough of a drip-feed of enjoyable gameplay for me to persist. The entire time, I was having a weird love-hate relationship with the game as a whole. The gameplay has its ups and downs. During my speed-reading of the text, I was absorbing the bare minimum to understand quest descriptions and where I needed to go next.

25 hours of game later, I reach what I'm told is the halfway point. An event happens, and...things change. Suddenly, a central conflict comes into focus. The story starts going places, and the excruciatingly slow buildup of characters and lore I had been doing my best to ignore is given context. I find myself genuinely caring about the plot for the first time.

What a weirdly long time to wait before revealing an actual story hook. This has shown me how incredibly important it is to have one. I don't really feel like I can recommend the game, even though I'm pretty into it now after the initial slog. I have talked to some people who genuinely liked the writing throughout, so I guess not everyone finds the early parts as torturous as I did.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9523 on: March 09, 2019, 02:06:42 AM »

ive been incapacitated for a week and was hoping to use the switch computer during this down time but actually my wife is too hopelessly addicted to paragliding and baking apples in zelda for me to use it
Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9524 on: March 11, 2019, 01:16:40 AM »

So... CrossCode.

This game is a strange beast.

The intro sequence made a pretty bad impression on me, particularly with respect to the writing. Everybody was way too wordy, most NPCs had obnoxiously exaggerated accents and speech quirks, and none of the characters gave me any reason to care about them. Particularly the main character - her reaction to everything is so opposite to mine, it's almost impressive. I don't think I've ever been able to identify less with a protagonist.

Toward the end of the intro zone, there's a pretty enjoyable puzzle dungeon. If not for this, I would have quit the game right there. So, it showed me that there's something of worth buried under the mountains of annoying text. I pressed forward in search of more things like that dungeon, mostly skipping through the dialogue whenever I could.

It maintained just enough of a drip-feed of enjoyable gameplay for me to persist. The entire time, I was having a weird love-hate relationship with the game as a whole. The gameplay has its ups and downs. During my speed-reading of the text, I was absorbing the bare minimum to understand quest descriptions and where I needed to go next.

25 hours of game later, I reach what I'm told is the halfway point. An event happens, and...things change. Suddenly, a central conflict comes into focus. The story starts going places, and the excruciatingly slow buildup of characters and lore I had been doing my best to ignore is given context. I find myself genuinely caring about the plot for the first time.

What a weirdly long time to wait before revealing an actual story hook. This has shown me how incredibly important it is to have one. I don't really feel like I can recommend the game, even though I'm pretty into it now after the initial slog. I have talked to some people who genuinely liked the writing throughout, so I guess not everyone finds the early parts as torturous as I did.

I played CrossCode a month ago, but I stopped playing after 5 hours. The world is really done well, it is like to be in a MMORPG game with other users, but grinding from the 90's and fetch quest in the 2019 is something that should be avoided.

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9525 on: March 17, 2019, 08:51:42 AM »

joe update: i now own 7 switch games and want to buy baba is you to support pig scene og hempuli, but my wife is still hopelessly addicted to zelda and i have yet to touch it
ProgramGamer
Administrator
Level 10

aka Mireille

View Profile
« Reply #9526 on: March 17, 2019, 12:06:37 PM »

Establish a time share system between you and her for the nintendo switch kind of computer

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9527 on: March 17, 2019, 01:44:55 PM »

Establish a time share system between you and her for the nintendo switch kind of computer
my natural state of being is ignoring the computers i own and leaving them in boxes for years at a time, so actually i am glad the switch kind of computer comes with its own special box to sit in and connect to the tv and that someone else is enjoying it and not asking me to do the hard parts
omnilith
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #9528 on: April 18, 2019, 02:45:00 PM »

baba is you is cool

Ordnas
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9529 on: April 19, 2019, 02:06:06 AM »

Playing Sekiro from 3 weeks, almost finish it.

Games:

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9530 on: April 19, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »

getting mentally into the space to beat up aggressive japanese pedestrians. should reach critical mass around late june
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9531 on: April 19, 2019, 10:21:57 AM »

Godspeed, Super Joe.

Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9532 on: April 22, 2019, 02:34:47 AM »

Godspeed, Super Joe.
thank you manuel
ramaka
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9533 on: April 23, 2019, 07:08:26 AM »

Four games most recently.

1. SHADOW TACTICS: BLADES OF SHOGUN
A 2016 stealth strategy game with an Edo period setting – samurai, shinobi, kunoichi, and the like!
Pretty challenging at times and of really high replayability.
You can easily find gameplay videos on YouTube, and some of the most interesting mechanics can be found here:
(don't be afraid of numerous Japanese words and names – it's pretty regular for the game in general  Grin)
[link removed]

2. FORTNITE
Well, you do know what it is.
A perfect substitute for your can of beer tonight.
That might be its sole purpose, in fact – and it's perfect at it  Toast Left

3. SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE
I've already written about it somewhere on TIG.
Too difficult, but I'm planning to get back to it shortly!

4. WORLD OF WARCRAFT
I couldn't resist checking the latest expansion out.
In fact, it's not that bad: leveling is pretty enjoyable.
Raids are not that much, but Mythic+ got definitely better.
I won't lie, I had to catch up and I had several runs with these guys: [link removed]
But after that I worked on my RIO score myself – naturally, it's much easier with better gear  Cool
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 08:27:21 AM by ThemsAllTook » Logged
Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9534 on: April 27, 2019, 01:36:30 AM »

Hello everyone,
Currently I am playing "Divi dead" for 4th time  Evil
sp1ke

Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9535 on: April 27, 2019, 02:06:02 AM »

Hello everyone,
Currently I am playing "Divi dead" for 4th time  Evil
sp1ke
i googeled it and its hentai filth. its not nice thing to do on orthodox easter eve, the day when sin is illegal
Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9536 on: April 27, 2019, 04:43:20 AM »

Well, if you want to go with Christian mythology, problem is that easter (even that ortodox one) begun with a sin. Sin of Judas (betrayal). And because of that Sin Jesus was crucified. Without that concrete sin Jesus would not be able to redeem sins of whole humanity (if I remember correctly).

Sp1ke
Level 0

Mike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9537 on: April 27, 2019, 05:17:04 AM »

And one more thing, if you talk about sin, the real sin is killing. Not having sex or starring at boobs. In games you kill frequently and without any consideration.

Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9538 on: April 27, 2019, 05:37:33 AM »

amazing

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
Cobralad
Cowardly Baby
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9539 on: April 27, 2019, 06:31:39 AM »

Well, if you want to go with Christian mythology, problem is that easter (even that ortodox one) begun with a sin. Sin of Judas (betrayal). And because of that Sin Jesus was crucified. Without that concrete sin Jesus would not be able to redeem sins of whole humanity (if I remember correctly).
checkmate
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 486
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic