Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:57:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsdelete
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 57
Print
Author Topic: delete  (Read 280688 times)
Zulaan
Level 2

┌∩┐(◕‿◕)┌∩┐

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 03, 2011, 05:55:36 PM »

DAY 45 - May 03, 2011

• Worked some more on this chap. I've applied to a couple of local studios so it's taken up a lot of my time getting my resume and website together. However I did get lightbox installed so now you can actually see the pictures in my gallery now.

@phubans and cynicalsandel:
Thanks alot guys Tongue

Why did With Fire and Sword have to come out today of all days?

wow that looks great man! Well, hello there!

I got twenty-five cans in my knapsack, crossin out the wick-wack
Puttin up my name with a fat cap
Destral
Level 10

Climbing that mountain...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: May 03, 2011, 07:37:04 PM »

Yeah, this is one of the more promising projects in the Devlogs forum right now  Hand Thumbs Up Left (for me personally, just an opinion)

Currently working on: Sword Surfer
swordpond
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »

DAY 46 - May 04, 2011
By the way, does anyone have any good job interview tips?

Oh no sir, you're not getting a job until this is finished. Can't have too many distractions.  Evil

Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »

Things that have always helped me in job interviews, in no particular order:

* Be yourself. The interviewer/s wants to get a good idea of who you are as a person, as well as a worker.

*Always go into the interview with a positive attitude, and not just in what you say - look your interviewer in the eyes, if there is more than one look at all of them in turn when you are talking. Sit up straight in your seat, leaning forward slightly - this denotes that you are interested in the conversation that is taking place. Be ready for tough questions, have a number of answers ready. Be concise and to the point, but also be ready to expand on any given point you make.

*Read up on the company, and play its products before hand. Interviewers like to know/find out that you know who they are and what they do, it shows that you are familiar with the terrain and aren't a total newb. I've seen people go into an interview not knowing the company they were interviewing at, or not having played the game they were interviewing for. This just about 100% kills your chances of getting the job, no matter how talented you are or how much experience you have.

*Don't take things personally. In any situation where you are interviewed by more than one person, chances are one of them will be the designated 'bad cop', whose job is to put you on the spot, ask the hard questions, and see how you react under pressure. Be ready for this, take it in stride, and don't get flustered.

*When answering questions, explain your reasoning. This shows the interviewer that you aren't just reading answers out of a script in your head, or spouting out what they want to hear. Much like with high school math, how you get to an answer is almost as important as the answer itself.

*Similarly, if you are asked a question you have a hard time answering, ask for context. In many aspects of game development, the correct answer changes with the situation the question is asked in. A design decision will be different in pre-production than it will be with a live game.

*In the case that you are unable to answer a question, because of lack of experience in a field or whatever, be honest and say that you don't have much experience, then give what you think is a good answer, explaining what your reasoning for it is. There are questions that have no 'right' answer, only 'better' or 'worse' answers. Explaining what leads you to answer as you did helps the interviewer see your thought processes, and whether they align themselves with how the company works.

Ok, I might have rambled a little too long here, but even if you do get the job, don't stop working on The Archer Smiley

Maisnon!
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 06, 2011, 06:12:48 PM »

Your commitment and rate of progress are inspirational, woah. The atmosphere is great, especially with that funky lighting system. Can't wait to see what's next  Grin

Call me what you want, but don't call me in the morning.
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 07, 2011, 09:18:37 AM »

Lookin' slick!

Also: Congrats on the FxPosé!  Hand Shake LeftSmileyHand Shake Right

I AM FREE!
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: May 07, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »

Also: Congrats on the FxPosé!  Hand Shake LeftSmileyHand Shake Right
Was just about to say the same! Great work Grin
RichVreeland
« Reply #127 on: May 07, 2011, 11:07:56 PM »

oh man oh god oh man oh god oh man. this looks slick! reading your progress from the first few weeks was extremely inspiring as someone who has on again off again toyed around with various game ideas.

keep up the fantastic work.  Kiss
agersant
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2011, 02:13:29 AM »

One of the best concept arts so far, keep 'em coming :D
Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »

DAY 49 - May 07, 2011

• Worked some more on this guy.

@pen and Aquanoctis
Wow, cool! I thought they had forgotten about me or something because they said they would put me in the October issue.

Looking really cool, the pelt-cloak is a really cool touch

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2011, 10:33:59 PM »

Your arts looks so great that whenever I'm reading this topic I always stop for a while starring at archer art  Addicted

Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »

Really awesome art goin' on in this thread. Keep it up!  Beer!

AnthonyBongers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2011, 01:44:20 PM »

Woah, that's a super cool orc dude. I'm diggin' it Gabe-slice!
SelfTitled
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2011, 03:51:24 AM »

I'm loving the art style of this game

AnthonyBongers
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2011, 08:43:53 AM »

DAY 54 - May 12, 2011
@AntoniusBongerius
Thanks grenade eater! Hows stuff going with you?

Nuuuufin much. Been working at Magmic Games for the past couple of weeks, porting games to new phones and fixing some bugs. I'm also pretty far in a side project for making a C++/OpenGL engine based off of flashpunk. Might implement MonoDevelop into it to add scripting soon enough too, to make it easier for people who don't like c++.

I might start a bloggy sometime soon enough for it :]
eben_cs
Level 0

Go in door to get a data!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2011, 08:55:28 AM »

I really like that visual script! Great idea for mapping stuff out.

Dang, this game is gonna be wicked awesome.
Elliott D.
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2011, 09:44:24 AM »

Yea, I dig it too.

Is there a program you're using? or are you just handling it as an image?

I've tried a couple times to make a free form planning tool but I always end up working on it more than the projects it's supposed to help me with. (plus I keep wishing I had it to help me make it in the first place)

Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2011, 09:58:33 PM »

are these character portraits gonna be anywhere in the actual game? or maybe manual?

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: May 13, 2011, 05:32:22 AM »

Helloooo badass art! Kiss

Destral
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: May 14, 2011, 07:41:28 AM »

Kiss

That is a sexy, moody screenshot.