Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411432 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 05:14:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosComposer seeking indie game work (free/paid)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Composer seeking indie game work (free/paid)  (Read 1529 times)
SurplusGamer
Level 0

Composer, Designer

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:31:36 AM »

Greeting
Hello!

Who am I and what am I doing here?
My name is Peter Silk and I've been composing music in one form or another ever since I started messing around with ProTracker on the Amiga, nearly 20 years ago. Now I'm looking to put myself out there for indie game projects because, as someone who's also very interested in game design, there's nothing more exciting to me than the recent rise of the indies.

Being paid would be lovely, of course, but is highly negotiable - if the game is being sold I'd probably expect some return on my efforts but I'll consider it on a case by case basis. After all, I'm currently most interested in getting more experience working on music for games outside of the ones I'm working on at the moment as one half of Surprised Man (look out for the updated website with more games soon).

Music
I'm fairly flexible in my capabilities and can adapt them to quite a few different sorts of music but my main specialities are orchestral-style pieces and NES-style chiptunes.

My musical influences include Michael Land (Monkey Island) & Peter McConnell (Grim Fandango, Psychonauts), old games by Capcom and Konami, film composer Danny Elfman and classical composers JS Bach and Prokofiev. I thrive on strong, memorable melodies and recurring motifs.

You'll get a much better idea by watching and listening to the music reel I recently put together, and I can provide some more examples on request.

Availability
I would love to be able to work on music all day, but I do have full-time job responsibilities which take up a chunk of it so I will be making music in my free time, alongside other projects that I keep myself busy with. Rest assured, I'm not about to waste anyone's time: if you come to me with a project that excites me, I will happily make the necessary room for it.

Contact
If you want to contact me feel free to ask a question here, send a private message or drop an email to peter _dot_ silk _at_ gmail _dot_ com and I'll be happy to discuss things with you.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic