Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 01:19:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioThe New Music Challenge Thread - Mark IV: Tracker Edition
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: The New Music Challenge Thread - Mark IV: Tracker Edition  (Read 18819 times)
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2008, 09:04:14 AM »

Woah; that's really light.  I mean, it's weird, because it's actually quite thick around the middle and lower registers, but the stuff you've got on high is really really unimposing (while still being audible).  Things interact really well, and nothing drowns anything else out.  That said, you might want to consider rebalancing things in the second form 1:50-2:00-ish.
yay, someone listened to it!

I mean, what exactly does rebalance mean?
could you explain in better what to improve?
increpare
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2008, 10:12:58 AM »

I mean, what exactly does rebalance mean?

The slight change of texture in that section with the introduction of the arco strings sort of pulled me out of my state of rapt appreciation for a moment.  Now I don't seem to notice it as much. (except maybe the flute sample that's only used for three notes in the middle*).  I'm not saying that any of this stuff is bad and in dire need to be fixed, these are just things that stood out a little for me personally, that might be worth thinking about a bit.  Are there any parts of that track that you're unhappy with?
Synnah
Level 7

La la la la - oh, what fun!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2008, 03:26:13 PM »

Damn, I'm annoyed I missed this. I've been meaning to do an 8-bit cover of a Deftones song for a while! I guess I could still do it... the motivation is gone, though.

"What's that thing at the end of the large intestine? Because that's exactly what you've done here." - Ray Smuckles, Achewood.

My music. Will compose for free!
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2008, 11:49:03 PM »

http://www.nanokostudios.com/anne_project/XM/Hannah.xm
alright.  heres mine.

comments appreciated, i want to see what everyone else is making! i will extend the date until more people post.

so you do pixel art, coding and now even chiptune music...

*mind blowned away*

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2008, 05:59:41 AM »

I'm not saying that any of this stuff is bad and in dire need to be fixed, these are just things that stood out a little for me personally, that might be worth thinking about a bit.  Are there any parts of that track that you're unhappy with?

well, i already took it through some pretty big revision before i posted it.  I did rework in the middle already some, and not really sure what to change anymore. Probably best to move on, but to consider for future things, i was mainly wondering.

haha and i accually, arent sure what the alleged flute-sample is.. i dont even think i used one.

so you do pixel art, coding and now even chiptune music...
*mind blowned away*

lol, i do regular, non-chiptune music too, albiet mediocre at it too..  Im pretty not so good at tracking, but want to get better. its so hard.

heres another remix* i did recently

http://www.annabellekennedy.com/sometheme.mp3

*if anyone can actually recognizes it you get a cookie
increpare
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2008, 06:20:18 AM »

haha and i accually, arent sure what the alleged flute-sample is.. i dont even think i used one.
It's at like 1:52 or something: plays three notes.  It certainly sounds like a flute.

Gosh, lots of stuff going on.  Erm: I don't know what to say!  (I've nothing bad to say, for certain).  Don't recognize the song.  I'm going to go out on an especially subjective limb here and say that, as it is, I don't know if I like the style of the song (not just your mix of it), and I think the pcombination of guitar+synth, as its used in the piece*, sounds a little plain (it could just be my taste, or the harmony).  BUT I would certainly be really interested to see you develop this sort of style more and to see what comes of it.

*I have a lot of time for guitars normally, and a lot of time for synths.  If I thought there would be interest, I would really like to suggest that for the next MCT we have an acoustic/chip fusion theme.  (and I'd have to go buy a mic :| )
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:01:07 AM by increpare » Logged
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2008, 06:32:14 AM »

not sure what happened with your quote pyramid there, but thank you for the feedback, sorry its so plain ;-; i'm really just a wannabe everything.
soundofjw
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2008, 08:42:50 AM »

This thread is so hot I might have to contribute if I ever find some time.  Wink

hi
increpare
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »

sorry its so plain ;-;
It was still a pleasure to listen to anna!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic