Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411620 Posts in 69391 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 10, 2024, 06:59:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsKiller Killer Bang Bang - Arena Platforming Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Killer Killer Bang Bang - Arena Platforming Game  (Read 2314 times)
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2011, 10:56:56 AM »

I wanted to muck around with HTML5 games.  I didn't know what to expect, but the results are... not bad Smiley

Killer Killer Bang Bang is a retro looking, arena shooter.  It's simple to play, extremely fun, and can get quite challenging as the game progresses.  You could say that Killer Killer Bang Bang is like a retro version of Super Crate Box!

I've been thinking about working on a project slowly while I work on other stuff, and it looks like this game will be it.  In particular, I'd like to add:
  • More Levels.
  • Some type of boss for each level.
  • One or two more guns.
  • Achievements would be nice.

I'm not sure how much of them I'll do, so, we'll see how things come along.

The game will work on any HTML5 capable browser.  I'm on a Mac so could someone tell me if this plays in Internet Explorer?  

PLAY KILLER KILLER BANG BANG and leave some feedback!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 10:27:48 AM by jrjellybeans » Logged

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 12:25:39 PM »

Works in the IE 9 beta.

It's pretty fun, but you can only change weapons with the up key, and eventually you get stuck on a blank weapon that does nothing.

jrjellybeans
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 10:27:32 AM »

The game is nearly finished.  I'm thinking that the only thing to be done is some slight tweaking (I'm thinking about making the game HARDER).

Let me know what you guys think of the updated version!

Player Killer Killer Bang Bang!

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »

I think the difficulty is quite nice Smiley

The curve might be up for steepening though. It seems like it *stays* easy for too long.

Regardless, this is totally awesome!

Suggestion: jetpack powerup.

RCIX
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 11:46:36 PM »

Uh, i thought Super Crate Box was already retro.... Droop
flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 06:51:48 AM »

Cool game! Why have you chosen two not adjacent keys (Z and C)? I've pressed the key X many times automatically... Embarrassed

Philtron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 06:16:02 PM »

I don't know if you're planning to change whether the game saves progress but why have unlockable content when progress is lost once you close the browser window?

Adding maybe some harder enemies in the first few waves could make the earlier portions of each stage more interesting.

I agree a jetpack powerup would be cool. Not having powerups appear on spikes would also be cool.

I like how there are invincible enemies in each stage, however, the spike in stage one hovered in the middle for most of the time just because I was moving around so much. I also enjoy when enemies aren't killed they morph into a new enemy.

Some of the guns don't really seem to change how one plays the game though. The one that fires along a sinusoidal curve, the scatter shot, and the one that shoots sideways 'V's all seem ineffectual and I preferred the default gun to any of them. I only had the patience to unlock the fire gun and the rocket gun. Both of them were fun, behaved differently, and changed how I approached enemies, however neither of them was nearly as fun as the grenade launcher. That was the best. If I had reliable access to the grenade launcher (or a wider variety of interesting weapons) I would have been playing the game for much longer.

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
http://electriccartilage.wordpress.com/
jrjellybeans
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »

@yajo
I'm personally more comfortable with that set up.  Not sure why other people aren't.  I think it's just a preference...

@Phil
Um... actually, the data should be saved even when you close your browser...
What browser are you using?  I don't know why it didn't save...
This is clearly a bug Sad

Thanks for the feedback everyone!  It looks like I'll make the game a bit harder after all - I'll try to get to that in a couple of days!

Philtron
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »

I'm using Safari 4.1.3 on my OSX 10.4.11

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
http://electriccartilage.wordpress.com/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic