Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411518 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 01:53:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsFlash SHMUP Tutorial
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Flash SHMUP Tutorial  (Read 3900 times)
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2011, 12:34:37 PM »

Hi there! This is my first post in this forum, so nice to meet you!

I'd like to show you a tutorial I wrote in these days. It's about developing a SHMUP using Flash and Actionscript 3.

It's an entry-level tutorial, and I did my best to be as descriptive as possible, explaining everything. There are a lot of tutorials out here which only paste the scripts, without explaining how they work.

Maybe I will add other parts later, but, even at this point, I think it's a great starting point to learn how to make flash games.

I hope you'll like it. If you have any comments, or if you find something wrong, please let me know.

http://www.attiliocarotenuto.com/flash/121-flash-shmup-tutorial
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:54:54 PM by Attila0413 » Logged

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »

Hi Atilla,

Thanks for posting your tutorial!
I'm trying to complete the first section.. I have my SpaceShip picture liked to "SpaceShip", and pressing the pencil next to my "Main" class on the project properties takes me to Main.as

..but I see no spaceship.

Any idea what I could be missing?

destiny is truth pre-op
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 06:09:10 AM »

Hi Atilla,

Thanks for posting your tutorial!
I'm trying to complete the first section.. I have my SpaceShip picture liked to "SpaceShip", and pressing the pencil next to my "Main" class on the project properties takes me to Main.as

..but I see no spaceship.

Any idea what I could be missing?

Hi X3N!

I need to see your project files in order to help you. You can send them to me at my email, in the Contacts section of my site.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 10:55:14 AM »

Hey thanks, I will e-mail them to you tonight.
(I did get your e-mail but work has been busy!)

destiny is truth pre-op
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 03:56:44 PM »

I recently wanted to review my flash skills, and this tutorial was very nice. The only potential problem I noticed is that not all the code compiles. At one point you rename EnemyTimer to Timer, for example. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could confuse inexperienced coders.

X3N
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 06:48:04 PM »

Attilo responded to my e-mail very quickly.
I had to "export for actionscript" on my spaceship symbol after right clicking it and hitting properties.

Works like a charm! Kudos

destiny is truth pre-op
Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »

I recently wanted to review my flash skills, and this tutorial was very nice. The only potential problem I noticed is that not all the code compiles. At one point you rename EnemyTimer to Timer, for example. It wasn't a problem for me, but it could confuse inexperienced coders.

Thank you very much for the correction, I've fixed it!

Attila0413
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 09:26:46 AM »

Attilo responded to my e-mail very quickly.
I had to "export for actionscript" on my spaceship symbol after right clicking it and hitting properties.

Works like a charm! Kudos

You're welcome, feel free to contact me again for any doubt!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic