Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411429 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 03:12:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralOptimistic Indie Developer
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Author Topic: Optimistic Indie Developer  (Read 53832 times)
eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: April 05, 2011, 10:51:29 AM »

...T-Mobile?
And AT&T is set to buy them soon...

Really? That's surprising considering how much of a hard time T-Mobile gives AT&T in their latest commercials. Oh well, if you can't beat 'em, buy 'em.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2011, 12:12:53 PM »

One network provider.

One bank.

One nation.

One God.

One World Order.

Hand Money Left Addicted Hand Shake Right

It's amazing how something as simple as a piece of paper allowed all of this to happen.

drChengele
Level 2

if (status = UNDER_ATTACK) launch_nukes();

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2011, 12:32:24 PM »

Please tell me you are not taking that "magenta is not a color" thing seriously. Because it's not really a meaningful article as much as pop-science drivel. Colors don't work that way. The mechanisms of discerning colors are much more complex than that.

White isn't anywhere in the spectrum, either. I suppose that means that white is not a color.

Praetor
Currently working on : tactical battles.
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »

Please tell me you are not taking that "magenta is not a color" thing seriously.

you're blind to the truth man, you need to open your eyes
ClydeArgyle
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 05, 2011, 01:17:46 PM »

Please tell me you are not taking that "magenta is not a color" thing seriously. Because it's not really a meaningful article as much as pop-science drivel. Colors don't work that way. The mechanisms of discerning colors are much more complex than that.

White isn't anywhere in the spectrum, either. I suppose that means that white is not a color.

To me, "color" is synonymous with "hue." White is not a hue.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: April 05, 2011, 01:23:16 PM »

i've never really considered white, grey, and black to be colors -- but my parents are both visual artists so i grew up with a lot of color theory around me. something can be commonly considered to be a color but technically not considered to be one. white and black (and shades of grey) are like that, they are not actually colors so much as colorless levels of brightness, so it's not a stretch to say that magenta could also work that way (linguistically)

it's also notable that you rarely see things that are colored magenta in nature, it's one of the rarest colors of the natural world. only a couple of flowers are magenta (simultaneously emit both red and violet hues, which the brain mixes), and even among flowers red and violet flowers are far more common.

an interesting thing is that because of how we mix colors, we see e.g. blue-yellow things as green things, so the brain can't really distinguish between something that is *both* blue and yellow and something that is green, even though those those are two separate things (a mix of two wavelengths and a single wavelength).

which i guess is good for the game industry, otherwise we'd have had to figure out a way to make pixels change to any color (emit any wavelength) rather than just the three (red/green/blue). it simplified display technology. i wonder if we'd even know the difference if someone created a monitor that could make any pixel into any color rather than relying on combinations. probably not, but other visual systems would -- aliens which used a different visual system, and even some animals with different enough visual systems, would literally not be able to interpret pictures on a television or monitor (a leaf on a screen wouldn't be colored like a leaf in real life to them), because it relies on the observer's visual system operating in a particular way.

(come to think of it, film projection using the old style of film rather than digital technology would probably be an example of when colors are not mixed frequencies but pure ones -- there's no red-green-blue mixing in traditional film projection theaters. do those colors look more real than television? if so i never noticed it)

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 05, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »

I don't remember wich but I have read somewhere we have the gene for infrared or ultraviolet, some people can born with this ability too!

But hey it's optimistic Indie dev here (OID) not color theory thread Tongue

ness io kain
Level 6

died and is a ghost.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: April 05, 2011, 02:56:36 PM »

There is not a number which describes the number of times i've been asked this question

I just got this for the first time today. That's strange timing, considering how recently I read your post there.
I hope this doesn't become a trend for me, too. Tongue

My music.
If your Twitter doesn't have enough depression and awkward pomposity, here you go.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: April 05, 2011, 03:56:09 PM »

I used to get that all the time, and people would be like, "OMG YOU HAVE TO SEE GRANDMA'S BOY! YOU'RE SOOO GRANDMA'S BOY!" etc... Ugh. I finally saw it and was like, "OK?"

dum

Guillaume
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 05, 2011, 04:13:34 PM »

Who's grandma's boy?
Sorano
Level 6

Game Designer / Double Stallion Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: April 05, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »

Who's grandma's boy?

Stoner movie where the characters work in a AAA game development studio. So that's why there's clips like

and

gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 05, 2011, 04:28:11 PM »

Facepalm

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: April 05, 2011, 04:39:25 PM »

This, apparently.
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #233 on: April 05, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »

Haha, I actually like Grandma's Boy. Who, Me?
Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #234 on: April 05, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

is there a "pessimistic AAA developer" meme yet?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: April 05, 2011, 08:00:59 PM »

this movie is terrible, the humour is at harold and kumar level, and it's like the scenario was written by people who have never touched a real computer (like the people who write CSI episodes), the only funny part was the freak/matrix-tard. But it's a very short part.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: April 05, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »

Who's grandma's boy?

Stoner movie where the characters work in a AAA game development studio. So that's why there's clips like

Ugh, this stupid girl associated me with that guy once when I told her I made video games Lips Sealed

And ugh, that other clip... This movie doesn't even have any real actors. It's two leads are Mel Gibson's stunt double and a Dan Tabar look-alike.

Theophilus
« Reply #237 on: April 05, 2011, 08:06:59 PM »

Who's grandma's boy?

Ugh, this stupid girl associated me with that guy once when I told her I made video games Lips Sealed

And ugh, that other clip... This movie doesn't even have any real actors. It's two leads are Mel Gibson's stunt double and a Dan Tabar look-alike.

Why else do you think it's selling for $3 in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart?
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: April 06, 2011, 10:17:22 AM »

Haha, I actually like Grandma's Boy. Who, Me?

Grandma's boy is great, it's like what an 80's action movie is to the cold war, but to video games.

I loved that scene where the guy is programming and the 3d model is walking when suddenly its head falls off and he's like, "Ugh this is not working!" as if the head falling off was a bug.

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #239 on: April 06, 2011, 10:18:37 AM »

Tip:  Works better with "official" line at the top,
      and "what it really means" at the bottom.  Smiley
No. This one is the best ):<

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic