Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411744 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58459 Members - Latest Member: hideworks

May 23, 2024, 06:34:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallDigitanks: Artillery Update - If you're not playing it you're not having fun
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Digitanks: Artillery Update - If you're not playing it you're not having fun  (Read 1081 times)
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2011, 01:21:44 AM »

Trailer:

Screenshots:

Shortish list of changes from the previous version:
• Graphics Overhaul - Updated graphics and a completely new look.
• 14 New Weapons - For a total of 14 weapons, since the one and only weapon in the previous version is gone. Ram enemy tanks, rain ICBMs on
their heads, or fly a camera-guided missile into their bore holes.
• Smarter AI - You will regret inciting the ire of the Master Intelligence Unit.
• Reinvented Artillery Mode - If you don’t find it entertaining then you should see a priest; you may not have a soul.
• Four New Terrain Types - Holes to fall in, Lava to burn in, Trees to hide in, Interference to suck your enemy’s shields after you trick them into trying to cross it.
• Hotseat Multiplayer - Digitanks will be the life of your party now that you and your friends can take turns subjecting each other to explosive charges.
• Special “Airstrike” Attack - This new powerup type is an hail of destruction anywhere on the level.
• Strategy Mode Expansions - Grid bugs, MCPs, Rogue cloaking, Resistor Fragmentation Rays, Download Grid rework, and tons of other tweaks.
• 5 New Levels - Specially designed for maximum funnage. New user-created levels can also be easily added to the game.
• Old Hardware Compatibility - We won’t guarantee that it will run fast, but it will run on your 4 year old Netbook.
• Bunch Of Other Stuff - You’ll never know what if you don’t play the game.

The demo is free to download from the website and the full game is $12.99

Over the next few months I'm going to start releasing the campaign missions. They're already under development but their contents are a highly guarded secret known only to me.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:21:30 PM by Vino » Logged
Vino
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »

Seriously, you guys are passing up a lot by not trying this game out. Look at what people on other forums have said:

"That's pretty hot. ... Purchasing as you read this."

"Wow. Sold. No question. Taking it on your word that this game is true to its roots. From the trailer it doesn't look like I'll be disappointed.

Edit: Not disappointed."

"The demo is actually really addicting... "

"I really like this game, reminds me of Darwinia, but this is better."

You guys are totally sleeping on this game and it's going to cost you! It's going to cost you a couple hours of fun and you may end up regretting that when you're old.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic