Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411744 Posts in 69406 Topics- by 58460 Members - Latest Member: hideworks

May 23, 2024, 07:54:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew  (Read 1857 times)
schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:31:17 PM »

PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew
Microphone-Controlled Cooperative Space Shooter

TRAILER

SMB Question What is this?

PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew is a co-op game where two people use microphones to control a single space man.

• One player controls the thrust of the jetpack using volume
  • The other player shoots bullets by making short sounds, or sets off bombs by yelling

Other than that, it should be familiar if you know space shooters.  If not, it's still very simple, so it's easy to pick up.

SMB Question Who made it?

Incredible Ape

SMB Question I'm a dad and what do I do?

Get PewPewPewPewPewPewPewPewPew!

SMB Question Where can I get it?

You can download it from Xbox Live Indie Games, either on your Xbox or here.

Have Fun.

Conker534
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 07:05:04 PM »

Awesome idea! I'll check it out.
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:43:38 PM »

Ah, wouldn't you know... I was working on a game with my team last night and joked about how it'd be funny if the game (which is a single-input game) was controlled only by the sound of shouting into the microphone. Then my artist mentioned that there was already a game like that; this one. I don't know exactly how you do the mechanic, but I think it's a really funny idea and although I'm a bit sad that someone beat me to it, I respect the clever innovation Wink

Nix
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 07:56:35 PM »

I remember watching vids of this recently. It looked like a lot of fun.
schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:51:34 PM »

Ah, wouldn't you know... I was working on a game with my team last night and joked about how it'd be funny if the game (which is a single-input game) was controlled only by the sound of shouting into the microphone. Then my artist mentioned that there was already a game like that; this one. I don't know exactly how you do the mechanic, but I think it's a really funny idea and although I'm a bit sad that someone beat me to it, I respect the clever innovation Wink

I wouldn't worry about it.  There are very few microphone games out there right now; if you think it will be fun, you should go for it. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:11:46 PM by schonstal » Logged

PicklesIIDX
Level 0

Follow your heart!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:02:44 AM »

This is absolutely fantastic. I'm hoping you get to bring this around to shows. It looks like a great party game that should be played with crowds.

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 09:16:45 AM »

Pew pew pew. Pew pew-pew pew pew. Pew.

That is all.

schonstal
Level 0

PEW

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:52:16 AM »

This is absolutely fantastic. I'm hoping you get to bring this around to shows. It looks like a great party game that should be played with crowds.

We've showcased it a couple times now.  We're applying to some shows (I'm working on an IndieCade application right now), so hopefully we'll have it out for public play again soon.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 09:37:28 PM »

perhaps it was gnilley what phubans was thinking about or his artist or whatever

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 01:01:57 PM »

Nice! I worked on a sound-controlled game like this back in College with a friend of mine Matthieu Gadrat. It was called Audiogrotto, One player controlled a ship with the keyboard, and the other player generated a cave for the ship to go through using his voice. High pitch made a the tunnel go up, low pitch made the tunnel go down, low volume made the tunnel wide, high volume made the tunnel narrow. Making the volume peak added blocks of walls on the sides of the tunnels to narrow them even more. It was just a prototype but it was pretty cool. We could even plug in a song for it to take its audio from, so you could "play a song" in the game.  I dont think its available anywhere though!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic