Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:36:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesStreets Of Rage Remake
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Streets Of Rage Remake  (Read 16113 times)
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2011, 09:16:56 PM »

I would definitely say it's up there.  I mean, for free, I'd even go as far as to say it packed in more content than NSMBWii. I think it was a really shitty move on Nintendo's part to do that to Redigit.  Glad I got it before it was taken down.  I mean, god, it doesn't really seem to me like it'd affect their sales THAT much.
I don't think it affects their sales at all. Unless the fangame is a blatant rip-off, taking them down seems pointless and greedy to me.

And I personally vastly prefer NSMBWii to SMBX, but maybe that's just me   Tongue
Movius
« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2011, 10:43:10 PM »

Mario X is garbage. The only innovation it has over a real mario is the bold new feature of terrible collision detection
Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »

If anything, the kind of people who are going to go out of their way to dig up a fan-made 2D Mario game on the internet are serious Mario fans. They're precisely the people who'll pick up everything with Mario's face on it. Who download Mario X and refuses to ever buy another Mario game?

Likewise, the only people who are likely to play SoRR are people who already owned and loved SoR 2 or 3. Sega, you've already got our money.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »

An Argentine group of Golden Axe devotees have released a fanmade prequel to the sidescrolling Sega series called Golden Axe Myth, building it with the OpenBOR engine originally created for Streets of Rage mods.

How long the CD?

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 27, 2011, 11:19:22 PM »

I don't think Card Sagas Wars is in danger. There are thousands of sprite-ripped fangames on the internet, but SORR and Mario X are complete recreations, down to the very mechanics. It's one thing to use someone else's characters in homage, but they only seem to be targeting games that are basically remakes of the originals. Card Sagas Wars is a fighting game, it's got a completely unique presentation.

Hopefully its high-profile doesn't make Nintendo get twitchy.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2011, 05:53:36 AM »

Basically to not get a CD keep it amateurish?

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2011, 06:38:01 AM »

Basically to not get a CD keep it amateurish?

To not get a CD, don't do a remake. I think using someone else's characters for an original game is safer. Might even be covered under Fair Use.
gimymblert
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2011, 10:59:19 AM »

But I wonder is those people cannot just re release their game after a graphic swap, it would be awesome!

the_dannobot
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2011, 01:43:31 PM »

I don't think Card Sagas Wars is in danger. There are thousands of sprite-ripped fangames on the internet, but SORR and Mario X are complete recreations, down to the very mechanics. It's one thing to use someone else's characters in homage, but they only seem to be targeting games that are basically remakes of the originals. Card Sagas Wars is a fighting game, it's got a completely unique presentation.

Hopefully its high-profile doesn't make Nintendo get twitchy.

Facepalm
Card Sagas Wars has a character from just about every major game franchise ever.  Any owner of any ONE single infringing character will be well within their rights to send a C&D for the whole game.

Being high-profile just means it's more likely to pop up on their radar.

Dannobot on Twitter
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic