Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411420 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 12:13:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOut There Somewhere
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Author Topic: Out There Somewhere  (Read 35214 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

Just pre-ordered ... looking forward to running around the martian landscape! Smiley

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2012, 05:31:04 PM »

What Happened on Day Three & Statistics

Ok let's do our daily report!

Today we decided to move our blog to a better/safer host and we also made some design changes. This obviously didn't go that well, the blog became offline for a long period and everything turned into chaos, wrong links and 404s everywhere, at 6PM we managed to fix everything.

Did that impacted the sales? I think so, because today we only sold 14 copies (69.86 - 10,5 = 58,36). I expected a sales drop, so, everything is fine, also I think we will get some more reviews tomorrow.
The good news is that this blog has google analytics now, so I can see in more details of how how many people visits our site, operational system, screen resolution, etc. This will help us a lot.

Total sales so far: 117

Let's hope for the best Smiley

Ps. Check our new blog! Tell me what you think! www.studiominiboss.com

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2012, 05:32:25 PM »

@eigenbom Thanks man! But it is not mars  Sad

It's PLANET: UNKNOWN  Cool

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2012, 12:14:39 PM »

Woa!  Shocked My post has been moved! Is it OK for me to continue my daily report? Should I start another topic?
Thank you! Smiley

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2012, 07:54:25 PM »

Since no one else replied, I'll keep doing this  Grin

What Happened on Day Four & Statistics
Things are really calming down now, we only sold 10 copies today, and now Brazilian buyers are 79%. This game is really having some attention here, we released a lot of demos for the press and the feedback is very encouraging.

The game is also on Desura now! (in pre-order) You can get it here: desura.com/games/out-there-somewhere
Another thing, Desura itself is does not make any marketing, so, since we haven't showed our Desura link anywhere, we sold Zero copies there.

Total units sold so far: 127

___
Vice President of Marketing, Romeo Pie Software
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »

Hey!  I just wanted to say that I appreciate your openness with the numbers and everything.  I'm following along!  Gentleman
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »

Hey!  I just wanted to say that I appreciate your openness with the numbers and everything.  I'm following along!  Gentleman

Agree with this, really great how transparent you're being. Interesting to hear all the details and just put in an order from Australia. So not Brazilian but speak Portuguese  Smiley

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2012, 12:57:09 AM »

Thanks for the support guys! I hope I can help someone with this!

What Happened on Day Five & Statistics

Big Laff I almost forgot about today's report! Well, this one will be a short one, since nothing big happened.

Today the sales were a little better, 14 copies on out website and 8 on Desura. Unfortunately I can't say how much I received on Desura (it's in the Desura contract, but I'll ask for permission) but since it sold only 8 units that's probably not a problem.

Out total copies sold are: 141(+ 8 on Desura)
Our gross income is $703,59 - 105,75 = 597,84

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 18, 2012, 09:37:15 AM »

Wow, I so envy your countrymen. We got only 1 pre-order from Poland (even though we offer 50% discount for Polish people and it got featured on a lot of Polish gaming websites...)

Brazil rocks  Hand Metal Left Cheesy Hand Metal Right

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: February 18, 2012, 09:59:28 PM »

What Happened on Day Six & Statistics

Just a few days from the release now, we just finished adjusting the stuff here and it seems that everything is ready to be sent!
The bad news is that the sales keep dropping, on 7 today and 1 on Desura. But the total is pretty good for a pre-order, so, let's see if this number gets higher on the actual release day.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2012, 06:09:47 AM »

What Happened on Day Six and Seven & Statistics
Last day of the Pre-Order

Just one day to release! Yesterday the sales were really low, only 6 units on our website and 3 on Desura, but lets hope that we can make some buzz tomorrow.
Also, I confess that I am ridiculously anxious about this, we checked the last uploaded version 1000 times, and we didn't found anything wrong, but you never know. I just hope not to disappoint people, it's our first commercial game after all.

So here is our final statistics, from our 7-day pre-order:
Total Units Sold: 154 on website + 13 on Desura = 167
(I can't share money info about Desura so, all the values are for the website sales only)
Total gross income: $768.46
Fastspring gets: $115,5
FINAL INCOME: $652,96

That's it for now Smiley I'll probably not post today's statistics, since we have a lot to do, but as soon the things calm down I'll share the info on the actual sales and how everything went (the technical problems, bank transfer problems, etc)

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2012, 06:19:18 AM »

Good luck with everything, can't wait to try my copy  Smiley

offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2012, 06:48:47 AM »

Awesome. Can't wait for it.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »

Hand Any KeyTigerHand Joystick I can haz play now?

Ghidorah
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2012, 02:19:55 PM »

Looks rad, probably will pick up a copy soon. Maybe tonight!

Woody, Philadelphia PA http://winnitronnyc.blogspot.com/
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2012, 03:04:55 PM »

Still working on sending the download files, and just a heads up. NEVER do a pre-order on Fastspring. They don't host the files if you don't send them to the buyer at the moment of the purchase  Lips Sealed
Trying to come up with a plan B here  Tired

James Rossi
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:12 PM »

Got my email, downloading now!

I Help These Guys:
Dino D-Day
Lazy Brain Games
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »

Just sent the pre-order emails! (I'm really anxious right now Epileptic)

If ANYONE has any kind of trouble running the game, just tell me! Since this is our first commercial game the chances of we screwing up are huge  Embarrassed

Thanks for the support everyone! Smiley Soon I'll start the shop on our website and the demo link!

Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: February 21, 2012, 05:47:22 AM »

Just downloaded my copy and been playing. So far have three cores and am loving the gameplay. Have to say a big congratulations on such a nice job  Gentleman Can't wait to finish it.

dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2012, 06:39:05 AM »

The music in the trailer is totally rocking. I really like the look of the game, but the music tipped my hand. Purchased.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic