Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 04:56:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsOut There Somewhere
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Out There Somewhere  (Read 35222 times)
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 11:43:35 PM »

This is looking fantastic. Platformers with some adventure and story to it are great!
Really hoping to see more pixel cut scenes

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 02:52:15 PM »

Hey there! Well, since I'm completely broke and I want this to be a free game, I've decided to do a 8 Bit Funding project (something like kickstarter for games) and it got approved Smiley
If someone is interested in donating, or if you can spread this somehow, here's the link: http://bit.ly/gmVhoq

But let's get to the latest updates!
I decided to tell the game intro and some important story with some low-res cutscene images, so i did the first one, here i is:

But I'm not really sure if it will work well with the rest of the game.

Right now I'm doing some backdrops (I confess, heavily inspired by Salvage  Cheesy) here's the WIP:

This is looking gorgeous.
Also, I like that you used she for the background music in the video. I honestly felt like it was slightly out of place, but whatever. He does good work.
Do you have plans yet for the actual soundtrack?
Yes! I actually have a composer that does the OST of our games, you can check his work here

That's it for now :D

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 02:55:37 PM »

the first one, here it is:
Nice one!
I confess, heavily inspired by Salvage
I've got the feeling I've missed link to your topic and get into Salvage's one)) But that's ok, Salvage is great piece of inspiration.

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2011, 04:45:44 AM »

I confess, heavily inspired by Salvage
I've got the feeling I've missed link to your topic and get into Salvage's one)) But that's ok, Salvage is great piece of inspiration.
That art is awesome, really inpiring.

Well, here´s some animated backdrops I did yesterday:

CoreDumped
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, 06:42:15 AM »

Love you art style.   looks great
Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, 12:15:32 PM »

Really, REALY love structure to the left! Hope to see it often in game ^_^

JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

Man, I love the attention to detail you've got going. The little dust motes that fall off make it really look alive!

Agreed. I also love the jiggle on that right cord, haha.

DementedChicken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »

That's very cool pixel art. I love fiddly pixel art like that, with lots of attention given to little details! Blink

I have a million half-finished pixel art drawings because I never have the patience to finish them. I take my hat off to you sir!  Gentleman

Are you getting any closer to releasing a demo we can try?

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2011, 09:12:08 AM »

wwow that gameplay footage looks great, good attention to detail and movement in the environment!
The only thing that really stood out that I want to give feedback on is the jump animation (or lack of one?). I felt like the body can benefit from being kind of exaggerated squash and stretchy, to give it a feeling of momentum/weight/whatever, but overall just a bit more character in that little guy and his spacesuit.
I'm not suggesting changing the jump height and speed, maybe experiment with some animation frames getting stretched at the start to trick the eye, maybe arching his back inward and stuff when reaching the apex i dunno. Smiley 
I know it isn't exactly something you see often in the smaller character sprites, but something tells me it could go well with the look you've got right now.

Vlad
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »

Really like the character art Gentleman. More funky aliens please Beg!
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 11:52:20 AM »

Thanks everyone :D I hope the actual gameplay don't disapoint you guys... in fact, I think I should post more about the gameplay to get some feedback, well, I'll do that soon. Smiley

wwow that gameplay footage looks great, good attention to detail and movement in the environment!
The only thing that really stood out that I want to give feedback on is the jump animation (or lack of one?). I felt like the body can benefit from being kind of exaggerated squash and stretchy, to give it a feeling of momentum/weight/whatever, but overall just a bit more character in that little guy and his spacesuit.
I'm not suggesting changing the jump height and speed, maybe experiment with some animation frames getting stretched at the start to trick the eye, maybe arching his back inward and stuff when reaching the apex i dunno. Smiley 
I know it isn't exactly something you see often in the smaller character sprites, but something tells me it could go well with the look you've got right now.
Well, you got a point in there. And thinking about what you said I decided to try a new animation style. Here it is:

It's not the jump animation yet but I believe that it shows the idea. Thanks a lot for the advice! Smiley

Are you getting any closer to releasing a demo we can try?
I think I can do a small tech demo, alpha or something like that soon! Coffee
But an actual almost-complete-demo is probably pointless Sad since the game is very short...

Nugsy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 03:37:03 PM »

In one frame of the animation his radio antennae is a different colour.

Love the animation though! Lots of character.

XRA
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »

that new animation you've made there is excellent, keep it up!!  Smiley

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Unfortunately I don't have big updates, I was thinking about this project and I'm trying to scale it down, so I can actually finish it :D I have a tendency of letting things getting out of control No No NOHand Shake Left

I got a new futuristic garden tileset (I'll post a screenshot of the new area soon) and a concept of the funky aliens that lives there.

Edit:
In one frame of the animation his radio antennae is a different colour.

Love the animation though! Lots of character.
Thanks! I'll fix that right away!

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2011, 02:23:44 AM »

Looks cool, and again, you WILL do HD version :D Seriously.

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 11:51:18 AM »

Looks sweet. I really love the graphics, but dude, you shouldn't steal music for your trailer. Especially without mentioning that it's stolen. Huh?

Edit:
I saw the note at the end of the video. I still can't believe you were allowed to use that song.
saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2011, 01:46:12 PM »

Looks sweet. I really love the graphics, but dude, you shouldn't steal music for your trailer. Especially without mentioning that it's stolen. Huh?

Edit:
I saw the note at the end of the video. I still can't believe you were allowed to use that song.
Big Laff

Well, in fact, YES I have authorization to use this music in my trailer. I emailed Lain Trzaska asking him to use his music in my trailer and he gave me his permission. He is a very nice guy and very supportive.

And honestly, I'm a little offended of you saying that I stole his music, I would never do a game with any kind of art/music/code or anything that isn't mine without authorization. I believe you should ASK before start accusing people.

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2011, 02:12:45 PM »

This looks great! Although I did really have to squint to see those little tar enemies against the dark backgrounds.
Ninja Ninja Ninja

I especially like the main character sprite and the teleportation gun mechanics.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »

By the way, I have some new screenshots here :D
I decided to abandon construct and go to game-maker, since construct was giving me a huge headache and it was really buggy. I don't know if that was a good choice (probably not  Lips Sealed), but, anyway, let's see what happens :D And the good news is that I can port to PC and Mac!

I'm still working on the graphics and special FX in game maker, so everything is a little raw for now. Honestly I'm a little lost with the graphic effects in game maker, so if you guys have any tips, plugins or anything feel free to share :D

Right now I'm searching for a way to do a color tint over the whole screen and a vignette effect.

saint11
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2011, 02:42:00 PM »

@Gabriel Verdon & Belimoth
Thanks guys! :D

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic