Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:53:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creative[LUNARCADE] Join with your game! - All the game projects made for the Jam
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [LUNARCADE] Join with your game! - All the game projects made for the Jam  (Read 12934 times)
Theophilus
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2011, 02:46:55 PM »

Opting out. I'll be out of town this weekend. Sad
Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »

yay! 19 levels? gosh Christoffer, you just couldn't stop! wonderful :D

I promised myself at the very least there would be 24 levels. I've got one more to go plus some tweaking on one or two then I AM DONE. Oh my god this week has been so long.

Hopefully it will have been worth it.

A word of warning: this game is very hard.

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2011, 03:04:08 PM »

I'm working on a fast 2 player game with a random title, Codardo Bastardo (Coward Bastard)

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2011, 03:07:50 PM »

yay! 19 levels? gosh Christoffer, you just couldn't stop! wonderful :D

I promised myself at the very least there would be 24 levels. I've got one more to go plus some tweaking on one or two then I AM DONE. Oh my god this week has been so long.

Hopefully it will have been worth it.

A word of warning: this game is very hard.

Damn, want to play it

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2011, 03:44:16 PM »

some useful links for tomorrow and sunday:

SUBMIT: if you want to submit a game send a mail with a download link to [email protected] or even better, share it to everyonelse here on tig on this very topic!

VIDEO: we'll have a video streaming down here, so check out what's happening at: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/lunarcade-factory-linee
We will demo every game you send so you can see the game being played and player's reactions

WEBCHAT: participate here on tig, but if you want to reach us realtime, go to http://webchat.quakenet.org/ channel: #lunarcade

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »

Holy shit I think I'm done. I don't want to release it into the wild just yet but if you are interesting in trying it then just ask!

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2011, 01:21:51 AM »

and so it begins! lets make some games :D

LostTrainDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »

Cardio Hero [prototype name]

It's just an idea, since I have no skills yet to develop something like this.  Beer!
Contact me if someone wants to develop this with me Smiley

At a glance: Just like Bust-A-Groove (or Guitar Hero, if you like) but settled in a cardiogram.

Gameplay resume:

There's a heart beating, our duty is to keep this situation static!
There's only one key to press (spacebar, eventually). BPMs are representative for heart's beats and music as well.

Spacebar key could work, more or less, like a telegraph: lines and dots.

I imagine, for music, electronic music tracks. Not "hardcore" as Aphex Twin's but more inspired by C64 videogames' music, like Commando by Rob Hubbard ( Gentleman ).

The player could have to choose between playing the "rythm" or the "solo" parts of the track.

Obviously, the goal is to reach a minimum percentage of correctly executed beats (65% for example). Anytime a 'block of beats' is wrongly executed, the height of the cardiogram will decrease. If it becomes flat, player loses.

Level by level, randomly or not, a BPM increase will happen (imagine it as a "heart attack"), graphically on the cardiogram and on the music track as well, giving the player a harder time Smiley

-----

This is it, for now! I'm kindly open to any critic or suggestion and for any "Moron, this actually exixts here:" Smiley

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 06:04:03 AM »

Holy shit I think I'm done. I don't want to release it into the wild just yet but if you are interesting in trying it then just ask!

As I said, your game is fucking awesome, man.

Naufr4g0
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 06:48:02 AM »

This is the game I made for the Lunarcade jam.

LINAVALANCHE

Controls

Arrow keys - move sphere on the lines
L-CTRL - Swap line
P - pause game
ESC - exit game

>> dowload link <<
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 03:03:53 PM by Naufr4g0 » Logged

Mozzarello
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2011, 07:11:39 AM »

Great Game Christopher,
Really can't stop playing it.
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2011, 07:18:30 AM »

I'm working on a small game too. Hopefully it will be complete by tomorrow...

A tease of the graphics:

It's basically a two player oblique Snake game, where each player has to make the other one crash on his trail. The tricky part is that the other player crashes only if he crosses the trail from the dark side, otherwise he just passes over it.
Each player can always pass over (and overwrite) his own trail, so he doesn't really need to mind it.

There's two "special moves": one is a boost that lets a player cover two tiles in one move, and the other is a spin of his spaceship which inverts the orientation of his trail (say, if the black side was on top now it's facing down), so he can trap the opponent.
The special moves cost energy which can be gathered by picking up some powerups on the stage.

Simple as that.

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »

Looks so pretty Ciro!

Ortoslon did not enjoy my crazy "scanline" effect.

What's the general opinion about it? I'm definitely going to make it toggleable I would just like to hear what people think.

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 07:53:40 AM »

I like it!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2011, 08:00:55 AM »

Thanks Christoffer!

What's the general opinion about it? I'm definitely going to make it toggleable I would just like to hear what people think.

I don't think I can try your game right now, I'm on Mac... I can switch to Windows but I need to restart the computer, so... in a while! (or there's a Mac build?)
By the way, where can I download it?

LostTrainDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2011, 08:36:18 AM »

@CiroContinisio: As I said, good one Smiley can't wait to see it!
@Christoffer: As I said to you too, It's an amazing game. I love the style, the music, the gameplay. Very challenging!  Beer!

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »

I don't think I can try your game right now, I'm on Mac... I can switch to Windows but I need to restart the computer, so... in a while! (or there's a Mac build?)
By the way, where can I download it?

It runs on Mac (it's made with Unity). I sent you a PM with the links!

Also, thanks guys I really appreciate the positive words. You know when you work so hard on something it's easy to loose sight of whether or not it's any good at all!

Mozzarello
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2011, 11:12:30 AM »

I really enjoyed it. Some levels are super hard. Would love to finish playing it on my mac too.
santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2011, 04:02:12 PM »

Looks so pretty Ciro!

Ortoslon did not enjoy my crazy "scanline" effect.

scanline effect is fine, it's a nice touch that goes along with the menu/titles shake...make sense to me Wink

what I've noticed is that someone had problems, in very messy moments, to recognize colors, specially green...maybe saturating a bit the color palette should fix it, although I admit I do like the colors the way they are now :D

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2011, 08:21:10 PM »

I'm glad you guys like it Smiley. I'll talk to you tomorrow on the live chat. I'm pretty drunk right now Tongue.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic