Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 03:36:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creative[LUNARCADE] Join with your game! - All the game projects made for the Jam
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: [LUNARCADE] Join with your game! - All the game projects made for the Jam  (Read 12935 times)
CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 03:25:20 AM »

scanline effect is fine, it's a nice touch that goes along with the menu/titles shake...make sense to me Wink

what I've noticed is that someone had problems, in very messy moments, to recognize colors, specially green...maybe saturating a bit the color palette should fix it, although I admit I do like the colors the way they are now :D

Yeah the colours could be hard to read the first time, but... come on*, it's not a twitch game... one can pause a bit and take a look before starting the level.
I am for keeping the scan effect also.

* come on is for the haters, not for you specifically, Pietro

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2011, 04:10:05 AM »

what I've noticed is that someone had problems, in very messy moments, to recognize colors, specially green...maybe saturating a bit the color palette should fix it,

This.

I've reached the Pieces level... how many levels to the end?

I think it's not so hard, after all. I enjoyed it very much.

LostTrainDude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2011, 06:34:41 AM »

For this one I took inspiration from Christoffer's drunkenness Tongue

Also now, it's only an idea since I've no know-how to develop this by programming Beer!

Walk The Line

At a glance: An evolved version of this game with the graphic style of Bruno Bozzetto's cartoons like

Gameplay Resume:
Police stops you in a stata of inebriation and forces you to walk on a line to test your concentration and your balance.

A top view shows our character who walks on a line that at his eyes only seems to be fulfilled by curves. To let the player live a hard time:
  • Clouded sight
  • Sudden loss of balance
  • Sudden inversion of controls

The character will always walk so we mainly have to keep his balance. I imagine two game modes, not necessarily coexistent:

Survival
No time limit, score increases constantly.

Traditional
Various levels. At the end of each level, the score is set depending on how "correctly" the character has walked on the line: if he loses balance too many times or he doesn't walk too much on the line.

The gameplay, obviously is 'infinite'. At the end of each play, our character will anyway go to jail, but the leaderboards could state how much alcohol would a player hold Beer! Beer!

---

As always, I'm open to any suggestions and critiques Smiley
If anyone would work with me on this, just ask :D

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 08:55:31 AM »

Here's my game:

http://www.bloodymonkey.com/CODBAS_1_1.zip

Two player game, just press your key (A for Player1, L for Player2) as soon as the two lines cross.

As you proceed, some things may happen.

PaoloMonkey
Level 0

BloodyMonkey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »

Cathode Rays: I've reached the level named Broken... now this is something HARD. (Pieces also is pretty hard  Epileptic)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 11:20:42 AM by PaoloMonkey » Logged

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »

The jam was great and we had many great games from people who participated online, totaling 12 games which are not a lot but enough to be excited!
During the first day we had a ton of board-game concepts and prototypes which are hard to share but we will upload pictures soon and try to explain them as best as we can.
we'll also have a webpage with all the games with screenshots and downloads so look forward to it :D

@Theophilus did you manage to make something in the end?

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »

Finally "published" my game, here's the thread:
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19123.0

Also, saw this on twitter Lunarcade Factory photos

My favourite Smiley

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 11:34:03 AM »

there's also niguloto reflecting in your game XD

the bad thing is that we had to leave at 9pm a before that it was too bright to use the projector and play some games the "big" way...ah, summer time  Lips Sealed

Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »

That's a cool pic as well! I suspected it might be Cathode Rays but I wasn't sure!

Also, I'm currently second in the weekly Kongregate challenge so if you like my game I would really appreciate if you helped me out because I could really use the cash:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/Nejduvetinte/cathode-rays

Thanks! <3

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »

Check them out and give feedback folks!

A big thank you to everyone that participated. It's been cool.
Of course good luck with developing your games and let's support Cathode Rays on Kong!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:20:39 PM by santaragione » Logged

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »

Wow!! Honestly I never thought I would make it in time!

Cathode Rays is a great game, Sky Limit is too (very cool mechanic, lots of depth from simple rules), SPIIIIILIIIIINE is very cool although has no goal (or has it?).
The other ones, I didn't try them because I'm on Mac.

And yeah, let's supporte Cathode Rays, it deserves! Smiley

santaragione
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 06:11:45 AM »

Wow!! Honestly I never thought I would make it in time!

Cathode Rays is a great game, Sky Limit is too (very cool mechanic, lots of depth from simple rules), SPIIIIILIIIIINE is very cool although has no goal (or has it?).
The other ones, I didn't try them because I'm on Mac.

And yeah, let's supporte Cathode Rays, it deserves! Smiley

had no time to build a goal in 8 hrs, also first time using processing!  Cheesy I like the movement so much though, that I think is worth to build a solid game around it.

nigu

CiroContinisio
Level 3

Eat this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2011, 05:24:54 AM »

I like the movement so much though, that I think is worth to build a solid game around it.

Yes of course, I mean: movement in all directions and also pretty fast, with ONE button. What more can you ask?

Reephy
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »

I'd like to get more detailed information on Winnitron IT project. I guess they organize a series of events, like Lunarcade and GameCamp, in order to promote the indie scene. Thanks.

Wrike.com - the official website for Wrike project management software that allows to make daily office work more productive.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic