Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:07:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95864 times)
Filth
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2011, 02:35:26 PM »

I didn't really get to actually try the CTF, because every game had totally absurd amounts of money and there were turrets everywhere.

What about a research making soldiers able to bail out from vehicles?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2011, 08:59:28 PM »

Why did you post the manual on JIG but not here?

EDIT: Starting money only affects blue team. Red gets nothing.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:21:03 PM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2011, 11:27:07 PM »

Why did you post the manual on JIG but not here?

EDIT: Starting money only affects blue team. Red gets nothing.

It was nearly 5 AM when I noted the JIG post and decided to write a manual. I'll link it to other places later.

The money thing is a bit shady because it has worked for me every time, unless the starting money was too high, around 32 000. However that isn't very logical, so there might be a case of the data getting lost before reaching the player. I'm looking to it.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 17, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »

No update today, sorry. I've been in a hurry because of studies.

EDIT: Oh, and I wrote a small manual for newcomers:
http://www.hempuli.com/manual.txt
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 11:52:00 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

xTRIxEDGEx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2011, 04:36:18 PM »

I have 2 suggestions Hemp

1) Is there somehow a way to prevent the game to be ended when the person who created it leaves? Im not sure of the technical limitations of MMF, but could you transfer ownership to a still connected player? Or some other way to prevent it.

2) Like i said im not sure of the technical limitations but games can last as short as 5-10 minutes to 40+, and all the minerals can be mined in less than 5, which kind of is annoying, especially in CTF, all you need to do is rush the other team since they cant make any more turrets or anything. Let me also say i have only managed to complete 1 out of 5 games, literally, because of this.

Just suggestions.

EDIT: Also, im not sure if this is intentional, but you cant respawn while holding items

EDIT 2: You can score a point without having your own flag at your base? That doesnt seem right o.o

ANOTHER SUGGESTION: Able to set the number of players below 14 when creating a game(lol cluttered post)

EDIT 3: The enemy team can mass turrets inside of your base, right next to your flag and get some really damn easy captures.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 05:08:43 PM by xTRIxEDGEx » Logged
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2011, 06:27:24 PM »

EDIT 3: The enemy team can mass turrets inside of your base, right next to your flag and get some really damn easy captures.

How about not allowing enemies to lay turrets in the other team's base?  That might solve that problem.
ƒƒƒ
Level 0

(it's magic)

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2011, 07:05:27 PM »

Turrets are generally pretty easy to take out, especially with bombs. I don't see turretting the opponent's base as being that much of an issue. Sometimes, though, it seems like turrets will lose track of who set them up, and dying to them will give messages like "ƒƒƒ was killed by !". When this happens, sometimes the turrets will be impossible to kill, which can make things a bit difficult.

On a different note, would a minimap or some other way of viewing more of the screen at once (camera scroll, maybe?) be possible? It would help a lot when you're using the cannons, or when you're trying to find your flag and return it to base.

Speaking of returning the flag to base, it seems unintuitive that you can capture the flag without having your own team's flag in base.

On yet another note, the builder seems to not be seeing very much use, and I think there are a number of factors for this (note that changing all at once might overpower it):

It's a very slow vehicle, which makes getting it to where it's needed a time consuming task

The blocks that the builder creates are very fast to dig through, like dirt. It might not hurt anything if they took as long to dig through as mineral patches

3 minerals for a block is a lot, especially when your team is losing, which seems to be one of the times where the builder can be most useful.

All that said, the builder does seem to have two uses: Sealing off a trench to help ensure a victory once your team has taken control of the game, or building some walls to help defend from incoming vehicle/flag stealers.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »

Wow, some excellent points here! The only thing I can't implement is the one related to the game host. There's certain data that isn't sent to other players, so if the host left the game would bug.

There certainly needs to be another way to get ore, but for my life I can't think of any good alternative sources that were infinite but wouldn't make the cybermason useless!

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2011, 03:47:08 AM »

I was able to play this the other night and thought it was really fun however I had a lot of problems getting the vehicles to do anything Sad

I know you can get inside them by pressing Z but aside from getting the plane or mech to move right and left I couldn't figure out how to shoot (or the plane to fly)and I was pressing every key on the keyboard (I believe).

The ninja was as fun as advertised  Ninja

Also yeah it was kind of annoying to contantly get kicked out of a game every 5-10 minutes but what are you gonna' do?

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2011, 04:38:26 AM »

No update today, sorry. I've been in a hurry because of studies.

EDIT: Oh, and I wrote a small manual for newcomers:
http://www.hempuli.com/manual.txt
I wrote a 'slightly bigger' Masjin Guide a few days ago(last wednesday/thursday/friday). I sent it to your mail, but it seems you haven't gotten it yet. In there is a list of all the items and all Vehicles and their uses too.

My guide has not listed the new gamemodes however, obviously  Tongue, since it was written at the time of 1.7b

I didn't share it with everyone right away, since I was wondering what you would find about it first (there are probably some errors in there...).

And now, while I'm home after flying for nine hours in the plane, lets try out some new Capture the Flag games :D.

~Qqwy

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2011, 07:27:58 AM »

And something else. Bugtime!

1. It is impossible to change your class sometimes. You can press the 'change class' button as much as you want, nothing happens
2. This bug has been around here for a while: When you áre able to change your class, you can change your class while respawning for 10 seconds, to set the timer down to 5 seconds. (i.e., you are killed, and while you still have 8 seconds left you change your class, then the timer times from 5 and down).
3. Joining the Lobby can take very long(especially after quitting/finishing a game). You can see the userlist but not the games or what is said. There is no 'joined the Lobby' message.
4. When a game has a long gamename, the amount of players cannot be seen fully anymore.

And some new ideas:

New gamemodes:
-Flag Madness. There is only one flag(or maybe another item, a ball or orb or special staff or something, to not become confused with the current Capture the Flag), and the team needs to keep it in posession. For each second in posession, the seconds of your team go down, just as in the Control Room mode.
-Survival. Each team has 100(or any other number) lives. Goal is to kill off all lives of the opponent before the lives of your team are depleted.

A few more gameideas:
-Red Minerals. These can be rendered somewhere at the bottom of the map, and give more(three times as much as a normal block?) money on mining.
-The possibility to have a bigger map( more blocks between the bases). Also, it might be interesting to try out how the game would work if there is space behind the bases.(and another entrance on the Flight and Entrance floors). You could even try what would happen if you would make the game 'loop around on itself'. Might be very hard, because there are two ways to get from the Red to Blue base, but I dunno. Just an idea Tongue.
-A Flying Vehicle called Rocket, wich flies VERY FAST but steering is VERY DIFFICULT since it mainly steers in a curve up and then down again. It cannot shoot but fly from one point to the other very fast.

Also, right now there are some players that 'troll' as many people call it. They are players that try to make their team lose on purpose. (i.e., go sit in the Turret and shoot at their own teammates the whole time, making sure that nobody leaves the base normally. Or drive the miners from the own team to the opponents base. Or buy crap on purpose.

Hempuli, I like this game so much! Thank you   Tears of Joy

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Filth
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2011, 08:34:43 AM »

-Flag Madness. There is only one flag(or maybe another item, a ball or orb or special staff or something, to not become confused with the current Capture the Flag), and the team needs to keep it in posession. For each second in posession, the seconds of your team go down, just as in the Control Room mode.
A generic single flag CTF would probably work much better.
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2011, 08:41:15 AM »

A generic single flag CTF would probably work much better.

What would that mean? Flag spawns in the middle every time?

Filth
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »

Yeah, like the current one, but with one flag spawning in the middle.

EDIT: Is the server down?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:29:47 AM by Filth » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2011, 10:48:01 AM »

Make Cybermasons earn a mineral for each time they shoot an opponent. Helps add more minerals to the game, and makes cybermasons more useful. You could also make them earn on kill, but if multiple people are shooting at one guy it could get annoying to not earn half the time.
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2011, 11:04:00 AM »

Yeah, like the current one, but with one flag spawning in the middle.

EDIT: Is the server down?

Same problem here. Masjin says the 'Connecting to Server' message indefinitly.

GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2011, 11:34:51 AM »

1)I too am having problems with connecting
2)how about buildable "Mines" where if a player is on one it slowly increases ore,
this can also be locked(takes longer to unlock).
3)new gameplay modes:
i)free for all death match
ii)zombies
iii)team bomb
4)more maps/map editor(i can make maps if needed)
5)choice of player limit in rooms(14 is sometimes too many)
Filth
« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »

I really post way too much in this thread...

About the mines, I don't really like the idea of having the teams rewarded ore for spending ore. Mokesmoe's idea sounds really good. It could be a research as well so that the longer the game goes on the more ore you get.

What do you mean with 'team bomb'?
Choice of player limit, definitely.
xTRIxEDGEx
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2011, 11:52:00 AM »

I feel like a mine type of structure or something could be nice, but it would have to be extremely expensive. Although i do like the idea of more maps/map editor or something.

And yeah the server seems to be down.
GLaDOS
Level 0

I am still alive!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 18, 2011, 11:59:56 AM »

bomb can be played more than one way
1) one central (powerful)bomb that has to be planted in the opponents bas and if not disarmed it blows up and kills everyone in the base and scores 1 point
2)2 bombs(one for each team), objective the same
3)get to the opponents base and arm the bomb(fixed bomb in both bases) apart from that same rules as before
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic