Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:32:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95849 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: September 20, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »

So does this bug appear every single time you try to play, or only sometimes?

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: September 20, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »

Only sometimes, that is what is making it so weird, because if it was freciently, it was easier to know how this bug comes...

However, this is the bug. you are playing and suddenly this happens *how can I leave, if I am still in the room?*

And then everything you do comes with the message: <space>:<message> instead of PiJoKra:<message>

Oh, and this is a bug to, wich always happens when I have that connectionbug:

I put a mine somewere, and instead of changing into an active mine, it stucks into the ground...
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:28:57 AM by PiJoKra » Logged

« Last Edit: Today at 00:00:00 AM by me »
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: September 20, 2011, 11:57:03 AM »

Really, what's wrong with the molotov coctail Screamy?

And now, time to talk about the annoying bug. Cool

And yes, you will see the 'Player left, and his turrets have been deleted!' message when the bug starts.

About the time the bug happens. The first day I started playing, wich is three days ago now, there were no problems at all. It worked fine. However, yesterday and today, the problem happened EVERY TIME. However, it took somewhere between a few seconds and a few minutes before the connection was lost again.

This bug made me think a bit about the 500-mile email case. (go on, read it, it's a quite entertaining story  Smiley )

What I think that is happening is that the server drops a connection after your connection lags a few miliseconds. Of course the player should be dropped out of the game if his connection would not response for more than a second or so, but this already happens after a few miliseconds(since there is no real lag before the connection is lost). Maybe there is some configuration value of Lacewing that has another default value now than before?

I don't know why it happens, but I know that Vauat(thanks for the fix by the way, PiJoKra Tongue) lives in Germany, and I live in The Netherlands. I don't know where the server is located, but it might be that our connection has a little slower pingtime than another connection located somewhere else because that other connection is physically closer to the server.(less cables, faster response).

I wonder, where do you live, PiJoKra?

Then the other problem(I don't believe this is directly related)  is that a player is not notificated right when he drops out off the game because the connection is lost. You don't see the 'Timed Out, Disconnect' screen, but simply keep on playing without noticing anything has changed, until you try to chat or you discover that there are no other players anymore.

Again, my deductions might be completely wrong Durr...?.

Let's fix this... Noir

~Accident

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: September 20, 2011, 01:30:46 PM »

The problem isn't probably with the ping, because the server is located in the US and I'm connecting from Finland. The reason you don't get any proper message is because instead of leaving the game, the bug kicks you out of the server altogether.

I'm 100% sure now that this is a Lacewing thing and I suspect it is related to sending data on the server. When Jamie and I were testing, I kept getting a very similar bug, except it was more 'controlled' (i.e. it happened only when certain actions were made), and mostly in the lobby. I've contacted Jamie about this, but since it seems so random and I don't myself get it, I'm not sure how quickly he can find the reason.

Problem is, I'm using their dedicated server which has already updated to Lacewing #19; the earlier stable build was #17. I can't really revert back to #17 anymore, either.

Here's a suggestion on what you could try to do; it'd really help with locating the bug - change the 'port' in the 'server.txt' to '6129' instead of '65002' (which is should be now). Then open a couple games at the same time (or organize other people to do the same) and see if the bug still happens. That'd be really helpful!

In other news, I'm going to be very busy with university the coming days, so the next update will be delayed somewhat (I'd of course also rather get this fixed before releasing!)

Belimoth
Level 10

high-heeled cyberbully

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 20, 2011, 01:53:09 PM »

Yesss, I couldn't remember who made this game and now I've found it.

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: September 21, 2011, 03:48:16 AM »

In the Netherlands to Tongue

I hope it is easy to solve that bug, because I can't wait for Masjin 2 (I think that after "1.9" comes "2" Tongue)  with the level-editor!

EDIT: I can't connect on masjin D: D:
When I am on masjin, and want to press the red button with "connect" on it, there doesn't happen anything, it keeps saying 'connecting to the server'
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:21:07 AM by PiJoKra » Logged

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: September 21, 2011, 06:22:54 AM »

In the Netherlands to Tongue
yay Tongue

I hope it is easy to solve that bug, because I can't wait for Masjin 2 (I think that after "1.9" comes "2" Tongue)  with the level-editor!

after 1.9 will probably come 1.9.1, and then 1.9.2, and so on :p. just kidding. however, I do hope that this bug gets fixed soon. unfortunately, I'm unable to access my laptop with Masjin on it right now. I will try to connect using port 6129 asap, wheen I get it back Wink.

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: September 21, 2011, 10:44:28 AM »

Whoops, looks like I typoed there; I meant 6121 instead of 6129! Sorry about that!  Embarrassed

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: September 22, 2011, 02:02:42 AM »

allright. I tested connecting through 6121 with two different accounts on the same computer. until now, everything went fine. It seems the bug doesnt happen this way. However, I was only able to test on another computer(but using the same router as my actual computer), only against myself since there were no others at this time, and only for five minutes.

It also seems that the 65002 connection is completely down at  the moment. I tried using a 3rd account using 65002, but it simply wouldnt connect to the server. Was this on purpose? Tongue

I hope this data was useful =D.

~Accident

_ej
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 22, 2011, 03:43:36 AM »

hi i tried to click the link to download your game but then i realized who cares this game sucks so bye
nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: September 22, 2011, 03:52:09 AM »

hi i tried to click the link to download your game but then i realized who cares this game sucks so bye
Can you tell why you think it sucks? It could be that you are super genious and we are not. My Word!
namragog
« Reply #391 on: September 22, 2011, 05:40:42 AM »

I think this looks really cool  Cool
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: September 22, 2011, 06:58:18 AM »

Thanks, Qqwy. And yeah, it seems that 65002 is totally down now. I'll make a quick 1.9b update that changes it to 6121 instead!

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #393 on: September 22, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »

allright. I tested connecting through 6121 with two different accounts on the same computer. until now, everything went fine. It seems the bug doesnt happen this way. However, I was only able to test on another computer(but using the same router as my actual computer), only against myself since there were no others at this time, and only for five minutes.

It also seems that the 65002 connection is completely down at  the moment. I tried using a 3rd account using 65002, but it simply wouldnt connect to the server. Was this on purpose? Tongue

I hope this data was useful =D.

~Accident

How can you change the connection from 65002 to 6121? I can't find how to change xD

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 22, 2011, 10:27:54 AM »

there is a file called: server
open it in notepad,etc and change port=*** to port=6121

good luck
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: September 22, 2011, 01:07:45 PM »

good luck
yep, 'server.txt' . Its in the same folder as Masjin.

Thanks, Hempuli. When Im getting access to my own computer again, Ill tell you if it is fixed. Smiley

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: September 23, 2011, 07:19:37 AM »

good luck
Thanks ^^
I think that should be "changeble" in-game Tongue (maybe something for next update)

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:13 AM »

Hey Hemp.

I found a bug where you can remove items from the game.
Grab an item... go to top edge (against the edge of the level) of a base and press DOWN + DROP.

It moves upward and stays in the top corner of the game.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: September 23, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »

Seems like I finally should fix that one! It's been around forever, but fixing it has just always been of so much effort. It's also a bit annoying to fix.

Does the disconnection bug persist in 6121?

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #399 on: September 24, 2011, 10:48:18 AM »

Never seen this menu, maybe you shoold make it easier to find Wink
for the people who also doesn't know were it is: change profile > click on your profile > look in the left corner of the window ^^

An old bug: when you host score, and then leave due to an interneterror, the room changes into a room for control point, with a cashamount of €0. Very weird xD

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic