Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:00:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95842 times)
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: September 25, 2011, 03:18:01 PM »

Sorry folks!

Had to put out an update that doesn't have the map editor, because the old port wasn't working. 1.9b has a couple bugfixes, but mostly it's the same thing; hopefully now there'll be more activity since the users wont be confused about the ports anymore! Also I need to see if this helps fixing the disconnection thing!

FULL VERSION 1.9b GET!

Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #401 on: September 26, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »

I did not have any disconnection problems since the new version, so I guess the bug is fixed  Grin!

Thanks a lot, Hempuli Smiley.

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #402 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:09 PM »

That's totally sweet!  Smiley

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2011, 09:06:15 AM »

I also didn't have connectionbugs anymore  Smiley
But another bug: when you get absolute dominations, the counting doesn't start again...

« Last Edit: Today at 00:00:00 AM by me »
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »

Should it? You're racking up the same skill streak, anyway!

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: September 29, 2011, 02:20:36 AM »

how are people even able to stay alive so long O-o...

I always seem to have the lower hand in gunfights, I dont know why. Any tips, PiJoKra? :D

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #406 on: September 29, 2011, 09:50:45 AM »

Allright, two new bugs:

-When a game is 'Full' (there are 14/14 people) you will get rejected from the game. However, you will also get the 'joined the lobby!' message and your name will appear multiple times in the usernamebar of the lobby.

-When a game is finished but its name still appears in the lobby, when trying to join, it will give you the "This game seems to have already ended" message with a 'back to lobby' button. However, this screen is resized weirdly(the old Masjin menu size?) making the text hard to read, and the button hitbox is off, you have to click below the button to actually continue. Also, you won't go back to the lobby, you will go back to the main menu. This main mny will also be resized weirdly in the same way.

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:55 AM »

Another bug, and this one is very weird so I don't know why this happen, is that sometimes you can't use the Z-button... no items or vehicles that you can use. After rejoining the bug is still there. I am not the only one who has this problem sometimes...

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #408 on: September 30, 2011, 06:18:58 AM »

...And another idea.

Some people have noted that the Molotov Coktail is an unnecesary item, and not many people use it anymore. So, I was thinking for a way to make it more useful again:

The item should become 'hidden' when held by a scientist. So that a scientist could hold it and look like a normal scientist for all other players.

What do you think? Also, maybe eingeneers should be able to build it as well.

~Accident

p.s. my streak score is skyrocketing ^.^

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #409 on: September 30, 2011, 10:28:35 AM »

I don't think that'd really fit the idea nor looks of the cocktail, but something like that could definitely be neat. I'm going to replace the cocktail with another bomb of sorts, but I'll keep that suggestion in mind. Also I'll fix thet lobby thing :I

PiJokra: that's really really weird; I've no idea what could cause it. I'll try to look up some stuff but I can't guarantee I'll find anything.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #410 on: September 30, 2011, 11:59:20 AM »

You could make the molitov particles be affected by gravity and linger on the ground for a couple seconds, like a real molitov.
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #411 on: October 01, 2011, 06:57:10 AM »

I don't think that'd really fit the idea nor looks of the cocktail, but something like that could definitely be neat. I'm going to replace the cocktail with another bomb of sorts, but I'll keep that suggestion in mind.

Hmm... I don't know, but I always wondered about the flask the scientist holds in the class selection screen. Also, I always have a picture in my head when thinking about a molotov cocktail about some crazy guy in a lab coat. I don't know why WTF. Is it just me?

But whatever Tongue. I look forward to the new bomb Smiley.

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #412 on: October 01, 2011, 10:29:44 AM »

There are actually two options for the next bomb; I'd like to hear some opinions.

1) Black Hole bomb - It has been suggested at least thrice here, so I guess people would like to see it. Basically it'd be the opposite of gravity bomb, sucking people to the center of the explosion instead of pushing people away. I'm not sure how useful this'd be, but it could be used nicely in conjunction with a mine.

2) Remote-controlled bomb/missile - Basically a floating bomb/missile that the player could move about for a short while before detonating it. Could do wonders against turrets and people trying to hide in hard-to-reach places.

So what do you think?

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #413 on: October 01, 2011, 10:29:14 PM »

There are actually two options for the next bomb; I'd like to hear some opinions.

So what do you think?

The blackhole-bomb :D

A bug:
When you use an orb to drop a bomb, and presses Z when you are in air, you just leave the orb, with the bomb in your hands...

And maybe you can make it so, that when you respaw, you can't get killed...

Another thing, can you make an online database, so if you accedently delete masjin, you still have your sprees (yes, this happend to all of my sprees Sad)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:57:54 AM by PiJoKra » Logged

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: October 02, 2011, 02:38:22 AM »

I think both bomb ideas are great :D.

The 'Online Leaderboards' would be a nice touch too Tongue.

Also, another bug. Especially in maps with many players so there is a little lag, it is possible to shoot trough the wall of the Spawn Room, as well as use the Ninja's katana to hit people there. Even kill people who are still trying to regenerate health. I think that's a bit unfair.

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 02, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »

1) Black Hole bomb - It has been suggested at least thrice here, so I guess people would like to see it. Basically it'd be the opposite of gravity bomb, sucking people to the center of the explosion instead of pushing people away. I'm not sure how useful this'd be, but it could be used nicely in conjunction with a mine.

2) Remote-controlled bomb/missile - Basically a floating bomb/missile that the player could move about for a short while before detonating it. Could do wonders against turrets and people trying to hide in hard-to-reach places.

So what do you think?

What if the blackhole bomb would suck you in and spit you out in a random part of the map? (Above ground) I think the idea of people getting sucked in is nice in combination with other objects indeed.

Remote control is also a nice idea. Great for "spying" also.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #416 on: October 02, 2011, 11:24:12 PM »

That's one idea I've thought about, but then again it'd kind of take the tactical element away due to the randomness.

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #417 on: October 03, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »

Since yesterday this always happens...

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #418 on: October 03, 2011, 09:18:26 AM »

Maybe no one's online?
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #419 on: October 03, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »

His name doesn't appear in the userlist, which essentially means that he has disconnected from the server. DUH! I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Same happens to me now! Since one can get to the lobby, the server must still be up, but somehow instantly disconnect the player upon connecting. I'll tell Jamie and see what we'll find out! Smiley

EDIT EDIT: All fixed up!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:08:00 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic