Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 04:25:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95868 times)
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 21, 2011, 01:10:07 AM »

The chance that there are so many bombs at one spot is very small xD

But cool bomb tough ^^
nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 21, 2011, 07:45:38 AM »

There is something weird going on with the new selection in the editor.
When i use space to select a tile, it will sometimes select another tile when i try to place it in the top of the screen. It looks like the clickcheck isn't stopped when closing the selection menu. Hope it made sense.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: December 21, 2011, 08:59:16 AM »

Some bugs:
Dirt with a background behind it isn't diggable.
Neutral flag over a CP doesn't spawn a flag.
My placed turrets don't work.
I mysteriously lost the ability to choose a custom map, but then got it again just as mysteriously. Closing the program didn't fix it, but it fixed itself as I was typing this post with the game open in the background.
I have two diggers on each side, and only one of them starts out locked.

Didn't see any particle effect for characters with a streak.

EDIT: Just had a real match on my map, and the turrets worked fine. Odd.

It's a completely under ground map, and people seemed to like it. Now I have to add ore manually. A way to generate ore in custom maps would be nice, although you would have to redo the generation so it doesn't stick out everywhere or overwrite stuff, which might be a pain.

I'll probably just use the spray tool in paint.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:25:13 AM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #523 on: December 21, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »

Most of these reported bugs make me facepalm constantly due to how obvious they were. Yeah, going to fix them.

Mokesmoe: the "lost the ability to choose custom map" thing is the same as "inability to save/load in level editor". The extension I use to handle the save/load dialogue is horribly buggy, and often refuses to work. I'm looking for an alternative right now.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #524 on: December 21, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »

I'll wait until the bugs are fixed to post my map so there isn't one tile of the control point that doesn't work. (Where the neutral flag spawns.)

A tip for map-makers: you can open the map file in paint. (Or other graphics progeams probably) The way everything is stored as colours makes it hard to see and impractical to make the map there. You can still use it for copy/pasting, filling, and fliping/rotating. (You'll have to change slopes by hand though.) Also, the spray paint tool works great for adding ore.

The ability to scroll the editor with the arrow keys would be nice. Also the pre-game walls.

And the game wont let me log in as Hempuli. Clever. (I just wanted to see the particle effects.)
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: December 22, 2011, 03:34:53 AM »

Some competition ideas you could make Smiley

Create an item - You pick the best 5 items out - Vote system - Best item comes ingame Smiley
Create a vihicle - You pick the best 5 vihicles out - Vote system - Best vihicle comes ingame Smiley
Create a map - see above

Or mayby clan competitions.
People make a group of 3 people, you make a pyramid structure and those have to fight each other :D
PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #526 on: December 22, 2011, 11:11:17 AM »

You remember the bug I could walk in the savezone? There is a new one who looks familiar:

[url deleted]

What:Red blocks gone
How:Because someone made a very big black hole explosion, and it almost crashed
Fun:Me: Yes Grin They: No  Angry
Working on:Only me Grin
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:23:10 AM by PiJoKra » Logged

« Last Edit: Today at 00:00:00 AM by me »
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 22, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »

Also, Hempuli. I (Because I wanted to look for bugs Smiley, I do it for you!) am able to let games crash. Buy a millions of bombs, throw a black hole bomb. Lagg kills everyone.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #528 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:35 AM »

Hmm... Thanks for telling me. I'm not sure how to help that other than removing the item effect from the bomb, though. Sad

I'll look into that safezone bug, though. Shouldn't be very complicated to fix.

EDIT: Oh wait, durrr, the reason for the former is pretty obvious when I look at that video -> it's the huge amount of particles coming from the basic bombs. That's an easy fix, then! Thanks guys!

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #529 on: December 23, 2011, 08:16:08 AM »

I'll wait until the bugs are fixed to post my map so there isn't one tile of the control point that doesn't work. (Where the neutral flag spawns.)

Odd; I can't reproduce this!

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #530 on: December 24, 2011, 07:15:42 AM »

No, the neutral flag doesn't work when they overlap, so I removed one square of the cp where the flag spawns.
If I did have them overlapping, then posting the map now would be fine as it would work fine once the bug was fixed.

EDIT: Or apparently it is fixed? But I haven't updated since I first saw the bug! I am confused!

In that case, here's the map:
http://www.mediafire.com/?y3nuaaoxh1sa0sm

EDIT: I seem to have a problem where whenever someone types Russian (and probably other) characters, all I see is a bunch of vowels with accents.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2011, 07:46:12 AM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #531 on: December 24, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »

EDIT: I seem to have a problem where whenever someone types Russian (and probably other) characters, all I see is a bunch of vowels with accents.

Yes, that's been there forever. I think it's mostly because of your language settings; can't really help it atm (MMF really sucks in the way that it doesn't natively support unicode).

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #532 on: December 26, 2011, 12:39:29 AM »

It doesn't really matter because I can't read Russian anyways; I just thought I should mention it.
Steelkenny
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 26, 2011, 03:19:50 AM »

Ah. So that's the reason why when I say AAAEAEOAA (or sumfin) to a player he isn't listening -_-
PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #534 on: December 28, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »

Ah. So that's the reason why when I say AAAEAEOAA (or sumfin) to a player he isn't listening -_-
Just call him "wlad", his previous name... Wink

PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #535 on: January 06, 2012, 12:52:51 PM »

*bump*

Yep, another bug (I am searching for them, sorry xD)
The tower has movet to here, but I can't get out...

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #536 on: January 08, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »

If you can find out why this happens, I can easily fix it. I'm quite sure neither gravity nor black hole bombs cause this anymore.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #537 on: January 13, 2012, 01:16:47 AM »

I see two cannons there, maybe it's related to the duplicating items glitch that happens to laggy clients.
(Would make it hard to test, unfortunately.)
PiJoKra
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #538 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:23 AM »

*bump*

If you can find out why this happens, I can easily fix it. I'm quite sure neither gravity nor black hole bombs cause this anymore.

It's the black hole Tongue
Just tested it Smiley

GhostBomb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 20, 2012, 12:47:02 PM »

It's too bad more people don't play this game, this this looks like tons of fun.

Current Projects:

UnEarth

Azure
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic