Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 04:05:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMasjin [Updates!]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28
Print
Author Topic: Masjin [Updates!]  (Read 95854 times)
Qqwy
Level 1

To who might ever read this: I love you!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: April 12, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »

I like the idea of a sword: Highly Effective in Direct Combat, but of course not a gun that can shoot far Tongue.

Another 'bug':
-When buying more than six Speed + items, you cannot get faster anymore but you can waste your money on it.
-You can go outside of your base when you are the only player. Not when in a Vehicle, but you can carry an item. This means:

1. You can set up mines all over the place
2. As a cybermason you can dig the whole map, altough slow, you get tons of funds.
3. You can already unlock the Turret of the opponent

And another feature Request:
-Have a list of the players that are online in both teams. At this point there is no way to know how many players there are in one team exept counting -wich is difficult because of the killing/respawning etc.
-Add a sound for when you drill minerals :D
-Show how many players are on wich game while in the Lobby. You might also change 'Person joined a Game' with: 'Person joined Gamename'.

Hope this helps :D

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »

I think just having the names coloured in the chat/show players screen would be enough for now.

Also, like I said earliar: make the beginning walls solid, not team-walls. However, don't have these walls if you start a private server. There wouldn't be abuse if your playing with friends on a private server, and the walls would be annoying if you want to play by yourself to test something.
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2011, 01:07:19 AM »

Hmm. Yeah, I guess the ninja will be in the next update. Coding the sword will be a bit annoying (I passionately detest swinging animations), but otherwise it shouldn't be too difficult. I spent 3 hours away while writing this post, so there have been some new responses. Let's see:

about the ninja features:
  • He'll have less HP and 'worse' weapon as in it's melee. It might have a pretty good damage to compensate a bit, though.
  • The natural cloak sounds good to me, but it being a researchable thing isn't, unless you mean that it'd still be applied only to the ninja class. Everyone having a natural cloak would be quite silly. Wink
  • I actually prefer higher jump or double jump over wallrunning. Not only are they easier to code, they also have more use in the cases of trenches or such.

-I'll make it so that the teams are locked to their respective base until there are at least 2 players. Regarding the private game, I guess the host should be able to decide whether to remove them or not. More about that below.
-Since there'll be gamemodes and other stuff that'll change between games, I guess I'll need to implement a game option screen that'll appear for the host before he actually hosts anything. There he can select the gamemode, starting money and such. Maybe also whether the level is somewhat even, a canyon or a mountain etc.
-Regarding what mokesmoe said about the engineer vs. ninja issue: The limit to classes is 32 at the moment, so adding a fifth class isn't too much of a trouble. Of course the idea needs to be fleshed out first, but technically it's possible.

Qqwy:
-The speed implant/chip thing is indeed a bit stupid design from my part. I'll make it so that you can only buy it once per life.
-This other one will be taken care of.
-I agree with mokesmoe, I'd rather just colour the names. Now that the fake ID is in, I'm kind of wondering about that as well, though.
-The sounds are something I slapped on very quickly. I've thought of working on them more once shojin gets the music ready.
-As embarrassing as it is to admit, I haven't found a good way to show the player count in the lobby! I agree that it'd be ace, though!

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »

Hmm. Yeah, I guess the ninja will be in the next update. Coding the sword will be a bit annoying (I passionately detest swinging animations), but otherwise it shouldn't be too difficult. I spent 3 hours away while writing this post, so there have been some new responses. Let's see:

about the ninja features:
  • He'll have less HP and 'worse' weapon as in it's melee. It might have a pretty good damage to compensate a bit, though.
  • The natural cloak sounds good to me, but it being a researchable thing isn't, unless you mean that it'd still be applied only to the ninja class. Everyone having a natural cloak would be quite silly. Wink
  • I actually prefer higher jump or double jump over wallrunning. Not only are they easier to code, they also have more use in the cases of trenches or such.

Oh awesome, good!! Remember, you can't beat ninjas for coolness!

I mentioned poisoning before for them, but what about if his melee sword hits can / could inflict poison to others and their HP could tick away slowly?

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2011, 05:27:18 AM »

I intend to add poison gas bombs as an item. Smiley

1.69 is now ready. There's some tweaking but the only big addition is the ninja. Anyway:
  • Made the lobby even nicer
  • Added the ninja
  • Ninja cloaking is a research subject
  • Fixed two really stupid bugs and a couple smaller ones
  • Altered the prices a bit

VERSION 1.69 GET!

Next things to work on:
  • More tweaking (keyboard-controlled menus, bugfixing to the round ending etc).
  • New gamemodes.
  • A couple more items and research subjects.
  • Some kind of a summary screen with statistics and details about the teams.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 05:41:19 AM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2011, 05:57:10 AM »

Poison gas bombs sound awsome! are only the ninjas able to use them? or everybody?
If everybody: can the ninja use it more efective?

Am working now but i can't wait to play as a ninja.
shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2011, 06:05:48 AM »

• Ninja cloaking is a research subject

I'm on the fence about this one. Maybe extending his cloak could be a researchable thing - and you could give him the standard cloak right away?

Player count in the lobby could be a little (xx) in bold after the title of the room. You can limit the room name characters to accommodate it.

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2011, 06:38:30 AM »

Allright.

Because the overpoweredness of Ninja's. Some possible suggestions:

-Reduce the rate Ninja's can swing their swords per second
-Reduce their health even further (to 50%)
-Make it unable for the Ninja's to use specific vehicles/items, such as the Driller and the Builder, for instance.

Ř̺͈̮ͬͣ͑͂͊̐a̲͈̲̩̫͍̟̕i̪̪̩̼̩̊̽ͫn̴b̗̠͈̯̲͡ͅo̥̤͓̥̩̾͐ẅ̺́͢ ̴̙̑̍̅o̰̹͙̻̭̘̅͌͐̾ͅf̖̖͖͍̽̅̉͡ ͓̱͓͔̖̣̗ͭC̽҉̗̼̳̖͇̳h̺͕͠a̵̾ͤ͆́́o̼̙͖͎͍̳̅̿ͣs͓̒̌̀  FOCUS-Bytebeat
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2011, 06:53:16 AM »

I'll decrease the damage from 30 to 25, and make there to be slight cooldown to the sword.
I guess I'll make 1.69b today, but I'll try to get the poison gas bomb in for that.

Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2011, 07:07:34 AM »

I'll decrease the damage from 30 to 25, and make there to be slight cooldown to the sword.
I guess I'll make 1.69b today, but I'll try to get the poison gas bomb in for that.

Another few ideas if that is not enough for the ninjas:
-Reduce the length of the sword
-Make ninjas move Slower than other classes(but that isnt very ninja-like...)
-Make ninjas visible trough the use of items while wanting to be invisible.(in fact, what happens now already, unintentional)

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »

-Make ninjas move Slower than other classes(but that isnt very ninja-like...)

No, please don't do that. That is VERY un-ninja-like.

Make them have a cloak, but terrible shitty defense and lower HP or something. You can keep their attack power the same and a boost to using the poison bomb.

Or... Ninjas have poison immunity perhaps?

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Filth
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »

Ideas for the research thing:
-Make the health upgrade only for soldiers
-Researchable healing speed upgrades for the scientist
-Researchable digging speed upgrades for the cybermason
-Researchable running speed upgrades for the ninja?

-Possibly an researchable thing for ninjas: have the idle animation for vehicles look like there's no one in?
shojin
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2011, 08:35:26 AM »

Ideas for the research thing:
-Make the health upgrade only for soldiers
-Researchable healing speed upgrades for the scientist
-Researchable digging speed upgrades for the cybermason
-Researchable running speed upgrades for the ninja?

-Possibly an researchable thing for ninjas: have the idle animation for vehicles look like there's no one in?

/agree

EDIT: Also, random idea that's probably really hard to do and don't listen to me at all:
If two ninjas attack each other at the same time, a button mashing ATE event pops up where the ninjas have their swords locked. The one who mashes the fastest in the small 5 second time period lives!

Or not.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 08:56:23 AM by shojin » Logged

Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2011, 08:38:43 AM »

1.69b is out. It balances the ninja a bit (hopefully not too much), and adds a new item, the poison bomb! Now ninjas can't attack at all when flashbanged, but on the other hand they can't get poisoned!

@Filth: Excellent ideas! I need to tweak the research code a bit though, I just realized that I've coded it in the most time-consuming way possible. Expect several new research subjects for the next update! Smiley

Filth
« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »

If two ninjas attack each other at the same time, a button mashing ATE event pops up where the ninjas have their swords locked. The one who mashes the fastest in the small 5 second time period lives!

What about whenever two ninjas attack each other at the same time (the swords clash), they'll do much less damage ? The battles would probably last a bit too long, but it'd have the awesome swordfight feel to it.

Also, the exclamation and question mark thing could also be a cheap research.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 09:34:49 AM by Filth » Logged
Hempuli‽
Level 10

Sweet potatoes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2011, 10:37:50 AM »

I just can't help myself - 1.69c is here.

• More bugfixes
  • Another new item, the radar - reveals invisible units! This may be VERY VERY overpowered, though!
  • More balancing to the ninja and such.
  • Base code for the rest of the research subjects; they're not implemented yet.

VERSION 1.69c GET!

I also added that ninja sword-clashing in! Cool concept. Smiley
EDIT: Seems like the radars break up other code really badly. hrmph.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:01:42 PM by Hempuli‽ » Logged

nahkranoth
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2011, 03:28:41 PM »

could the 'Y' key be a shortcut for teamspeak?
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »

There was a guy on the point who had lagged out but his character was still there and we couldn't kill him. We couldn't win and we were sad.

EDIT: I have some time now, so here's my usual long post.

I feel that ninjas serve a purpose, but not the intended one. They were supposed to be ambush units, which they kinda of are, but their best use right now is stealing stuff. They seem a bit underpowered in combat, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think their cloak should be a two stage upgrade. Stage one is like it is right now, but a bit cheaper. Stage two would change it to a 'cloak and dagger' style cloak so they can sneak around to their hearts content. Also, Ninjas should be hidden from radars when not moving. (Maybe only on stage two?)

Also, here's my dumb idea of the day: Dirt grenade. Makes 5 square of dirt in a cross, but only if those squares are empty. It should have a small knockback effect just before making the dirt to help clear the squares for filling.
Wait! Looks like two ideas: Laser. Does one damage per frame while it's hitting an enemy. Maybe piercing? Maybe cybermasons and mine with it?

Ok guys, tactics time. For this I will assume 4 is a full team. (although this will still be helpful for different team sises)
At the start of the match have one cybermason start digging, (I will refer to this cybermason as the miner) and the rest of the team go to the point. Bring a cybermason to the point at first so you can dig to it if you need to. If you want you can send someone with a jetpack to attack their miner. Inversely if you see someone going past you, retreat and defend your miner. You should be spending most of your money on upgrades, and some on items too. Vehicles usually aren't worth it, although a second digger can be useful if they've set up a wall. Once you have control of the point, bring a builder over to set up a defense, or dig a moat. (Preferably both, if you have time.) Once you've gotten all the health upgrades, you don't need a designated miner anymore. Have 1 scientist, 2 soldiers, and one utility. the utility can be a ninja to steal the enemy's stuff, a cybermason to get more minerals if you're low and to set up defenses. He should spend a lot of time as the engineer if he gets released. Turrets are useful to aid in defending.

I have to eat now so I will talk more about retaking the point when I get back.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 04:52:30 PM by mokesmoe‽ » Logged
Qqwy
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2011, 07:24:01 PM »

I think that the Cybermasons are underpoewered right now. I think that they need to drill even faster than they do now.

Expect my guide tomorrow btw.

FishyBoy
Level 7

Make like a tree and get the hell out of here

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2011, 08:39:58 PM »

I agree with mokesmoe on ninjas needing better stealth, something more akin to the cloak and dagger, like a cloak meter that goes down when you move, but slowly recharges.

Also, the current investment for ninja stealth is quite a bit. Maybe they should start out with a pretty short-lived cloak that can be incrementally upgraded?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic