Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 01:06:38 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTropical Dungeons: 1st person procedural adventure game
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Tropical Dungeons: 1st person procedural adventure game  (Read 10344 times)
DementedChicken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2011, 02:29:04 PM »

It's not a competition, think about it like about biiiiiiig, looooooong jam Wink

Ah how ambiguous language can be!  Grin Do you mean like a musical jam session?

Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 01:15:49 AM »

Do you mean like a musical jam session?
Right) Sorry, English isn't my native)))

Anyway, awaiting for more interesting generations!

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
DementedChicken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 01:48:16 AM »

Right) Sorry, English isn't my native)))

It's OK, I'm multilingual myself.  Gentleman

Today was mother's day so most of the day was spend with my family eating meat!  Evil

I did do some work on the project though, but it was mainly tying loose ends, fixing bugs, adding little features, etc.

Back to full speed tomorrow!

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2011, 02:18:40 AM »

Oh, this seems like a fun project. I'm a sucker for the huge ambitious ones Grin.
I wish you the best!

I like what Taugeshtu said about making games. I think of it that way myself. If someone's making something similar, I see it not as competition but as a collaborative effort. Ultimately if an idea is a worthwhile one, I'm always happy to see multiple people creating games to fill that void.
DementedChicken
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 02:52:10 AM »

Oh, this seems like a fun project. I'm a sucker for the huge ambitious ones Grin.
I wish you the best!

Thanks! You know, this made us laugh though. This started as a 1 - 2 week project!! We were already in the process of making it when the idea started to grow like some kind of mutant baby.

Ultimately if an idea is a worthwhile one, I'm always happy to see multiple people creating games to fill that void.

You're right. All of our games are very different anyway. Yours looks like fun! I still think it has the best name ever!   Cheesy

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic