Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411493 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 29, 2024, 10:33:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsBudapest Jam (a show of hands please)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Budapest Jam (a show of hands please)  (Read 3709 times)
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:07:29 AM »

The Hungarian game scene is a small one, I've been looking around for some time to get involved in the community, and it is very small.  Recently, I met with the head of Nemesys Games which is based in Budapest.  Check them out here:  http://www.nemesys.hu/

Jozsa is a very enthusiastic individual about the whole Indie scene, and after our two hour get together, I can really tell that he puts his heart and soul into what he does.  He is doing as much as he can here to aid in creating a larger community in Hungary.  During this time, he said he would be willing to put up his studio for a Budapest Game Jam!  

In order for that to happen, we would need enough people to be interested.  SO, I'm making this post to ask who might be interested in a Game Jam here in Budapest.  A simple Yay or Ney will suffice.

Thanks,
Zach
Stoney
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 02:54:07 PM »

Although I don't live in Hungary, I'd be willing to travel to Budapest for a game jam. So, a "Yay" from me. Smiley

Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 12:14:33 AM »

That is good to hear Stoney, no worries accommodation and beer are cheap here Wink
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 05:24:16 PM »

Hmm, so either this forum isn't populated with toooo many Euro peoples, or eastern Europe scares people.
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 03:18:25 AM »

+1.

Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 11:09:29 AM »

If anyone has other ideas or knows of other forums that have people from this part of the world, that would be great.  I know there's a lot going on in the UK region, and maybe Germany.  But, to my knowledge this site is still widely used by Europeans as well.
Stoney
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 07:18:20 AM »

I hope nobody minds if I bump this up.

Well, I'm definitely going to be in Hungary for the first and second week of June. Would be awesome if there would be a game jam/meetup within that time period. Wink

mecharm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 06:44:34 AM »

Damn, just seen this.

Is this still up guys?

I would be so happy to see this going somewhere...
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »

Well I work at a small studio here, and they owner is more than willing to host a Jam.  We just need some people ready, willing and able.  He's really trying to boost the indie scene in this part of the world, so we are hoping this would help. So no worries, the idea is NOT dead!  if we get a few more that are interested, then we can start organizing.
mecharm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 01:15:26 PM »

I would be more than happy to join and help any random/semi-random/totally not random organization.

I reside within Bp by the way.
sdfullerton
Level 0

OLD GAMER

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2011, 07:51:58 PM »

I would travel to Budapest if I wasn't so broke.

Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2011, 07:18:18 AM »

No worries, there is some time to save some money, we need to collect more people for it to happen.  But if you are located in a major European city, Orange Ways (hungarian bus company) has really cheap tickets to Budapest.  Let me know if you need more details
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:31 AM »

Sorry, hope you don't mind but... *bump*
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 01:17:57 AM »

Is anyone still interesting in this one?  Our schedule is somewhat open to still do this if enough parties want to participate.
Elk
Level 1

エルク

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:59:51 AM »

Since I'm from Austria, I could technically join too...

For business inquiries send me a forum PM! No Revenue-Share stuff without proper contract.
Stoney
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 08:10:09 AM »

I'm still interested, but it depends on the actual date and time.

Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 05:46:49 AM »

Since I'm from Austria, I could technically join too...

shouldnt be too much of a hassle. it is a short drive and there are buses from vienna. 
Scoops
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 05:31:51 AM »

Update for those that are interested.  After speaking with my boss we have closed in on something more concrete.  I will have to update again soon, but here is the story. 

I work for Nemesys Games located here, in Budapest and my boss runs a small monthly gathering of all the developers in the area, large and small.  He is going to bring up the idea to them to have an interoffice JAM, and we would still want to keep it wide open to anyone who wants to come.

People that would come into town would be grouped together as their own company, or would join others for the JAM weekend.  Another option is that we mix all offices and visitors to keep it a still friendly event and less of a pissing contest.  The logistics aren't fully worked out as the idea has not been presented yet, but they will come soon.

Anyone that is still interested, please let us know here or you can also send us a message from our contact page at www.nemesys.hu/Contact .  Hostels are cheap and so is the beer so its looking like this might round up to be something quite fun for a weekend before the end of this year!
ananasblau
Level 2

dressed up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2011, 03:02:39 PM »

Vienna will have a jam, December 9th to 11th at metalab hackerspace. More info click here: https://metalab.at/wiki/Super_Gamedev_Weekend

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic