Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 03:50:33 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsPEGJam 2.0 Winnipeg [JULY 16-17]
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: PEGJam 2.0 Winnipeg [JULY 16-17]  (Read 22251 times)
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2011, 04:30:15 PM »

We have extra XLs! :D But I digress.

You can work on your own thing or partner up with other folks. Sometimes people spend most of their time helping other people out. It's up to you and the people you meet. Smiley

gspawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2011, 04:41:08 PM »

Awesome. And what is the schedule like for the weekend? Is it sort of a come and go thing, or specific hours? Is food provided or are we on our own for that? Is there parking available nearby?

Sorry for asking so many questions, lol. I have cohabitants with which I share car access and have communal meal times with usually, so I just need to know how I'm going to schedule the weekend. Smiley

EDIT: I just remembered I'm going to a birthday party on Friday evening, so I could either swing by later that night depending what time you guys are there until, or just come by on Saturday and Sunday. Is that cool, or is everyone expected to be there for the whole thing?

Just want to clarify these last few details before I buy my ticket. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:04:37 PM by gspawn » Logged
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2011, 07:58:40 PM »

It's not a big deal if you miss Friday - a fair amount of people wont be making it that day anyway. We're mostly going to be setting stuff up and meeting people that night and such Smiley

So, for the weekend it's pretty much whenever you want to come by and spend time there. I think a lot of people will be around in the space from about 10am - 12am and beyond (depending on how late you like staying up Wink ). Generally speaking though it doesn't matter if you arrive late or leave early (or have to jump out somewhere in-between)

Food is pretty much whatever ... There will probably be some food runs during the day. From my experience people are usually like "Well, we're hungry now. Who wants to go somewhere to get food?". I think people sometimes bring food as well if they don't want to have to buy any from restaurants or whatever.

Generally speaking, every aspect of a game jam is pretty laid back. Just come when you can, hang out, meet people, and make cool stuff Grin

gspawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »

Cool, I'm excited. I'm going to get my ticket tomorrow morning after I go put some money down on my card. Wink

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, I live in the St. James area. Is parking accessible there, or is it better/safe enough to bus it? It's been a few years since I've been in the exchange district at night so I don't really know what the scene is like out there anymore at night.
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2011, 02:15:24 AM »

I'd be totally excited right now if I had the capacity to be excited

Gomez

I'm getting into town around 4ish, so I'm happy to help set up or hang around.

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 14, 2011, 08:03:43 AM »

I'll be around all day friday, so same goes for me! happy to help set up.
ChevyRay
« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2011, 04:37:46 AM »

At the airport in Vancouver now. LET'S DO THIS SHIT! I'm landing around noon-ish!
Noel Berry
Level 4

Yarr!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2011, 09:13:02 AM »

Cool, I'm excited. I'm going to get my ticket tomorrow morning after I go put some money down on my card. Wink

Oh, while I'm thinking about it, I live in the St. James area. Is parking accessible there, or is it better/safe enough to bus it? It's been a few years since I've been in the exchange district at night so I don't really know what the scene is like out there anymore at night.

I'm taking the bus to the exchange, at least in the mornings. During the day it's pretty okay, but I haven't tried taking the bus late at night.
Parking will probably be a bit tough  but you should be able to grab a spot somewhere near by. I don't have a car so I haven't tried before Tongue

Wooooo! Grin Excited!

gspawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2011, 11:10:58 AM »

Yeah, I'm definitely going to bus it. I just remembered the Fringe is on this weekend as well, so it's going to be somewhat zoo-like.

Btw, what does this place look like? I drove down McDermot last night just to get an idea of where I'm going and I couldn't see it. And what time will the place be open on Sunday morning? I'm going to see if I can catch a lift with my dad since he's going downtown anyway, and I'll probably get there around 9:45 or 10.
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2011, 12:55:57 PM »

Btw, what does this place look like? I drove down McDermot last night just to get an idea of where I'm going and I couldn't see it.

It's just a nondescript old building, the doors say "aceart" though.
gspawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2011, 01:35:31 PM »

*WHEW* Squeaked in with an hour and a half left to go. I was starting to worry that my payment wasn't going to clear on my credit card in time for me to buy my ticket. Tongue

EDIT: Ok, actually there was a problem, so my dad let me use his credit card to buy the ticket, but now the ticket has his name on it. I'm assuming that doesn't matter though, does it? (His name is Richard, mine is Scott.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 01:40:58 PM by gspawn » Logged
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2011, 01:48:39 PM »

Doesn't matter at all, you can introduce yourself by your proper name once you get here Smiley
Look forward to meeting you!
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2011, 04:34:52 PM »

Hey guys what's the earliest I can show up tomorrow? My cousins are taking me for dinner so I can't make it tonight Sad
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: July 15, 2011, 04:55:07 PM »

Someone should probably be here around 10am
gspawn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2011, 07:18:53 AM »

I'll be there around 1 or 1:30. I had a client phone me up this morning with some emergency work. Lol.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 18, 2011, 05:01:37 AM »

ok so that was pretty cool Hand Thumbs Up Right
Nava
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:28 AM »

A HUUUUUUUUUUGE thank you to everyone who came and braved the oppressive heat to make awesome things. You helped make the event a massive success, and we're thrilled to have put on a jam so full of wonderful people, fantastic ideas, and total troopers.

<3  Hand Shake Left Kiss Hand Shake Right

I SURVIVED INDIE SWEATLODGE 1.0  <--- should be a shirt.

ps: remember that if you have any expenses you want reimbursed, please invoice us and send it to hello at infiniteammo dot ca (include your name and address too, so we know who and where to send cheques)
Liam Berry
Level 0

Blue Raspberry Fruit Thing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: July 18, 2011, 01:29:05 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic