Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 10:37:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshop[3D] Level zones - advice & critique needed!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [3D] Level zones - advice & critique needed!  (Read 1278 times)
Taugeshtu
Level 2

Semi-dormant.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2011, 06:22:30 AM »

Hi there. Uhm, I'm working on a game, and right now detalizing level zones, from:

To:

You might see them in "what are you working on" tread.

Question is:
Have I done enough? Is there any way to improve it?
There's no questions about actual (triangulated) mesh, I don't care 'coz it renders fine, unwraps fine and I just don't have time to make state-of-art-and-rules mesh. It's all about shape and color.
So, I need advices - what to add, where to add, what to erase and where and why.
If you have any idea, where to remove color and where to place it - I seriously NEED it. Feel free to overpaint images. But have in mind: everything will be lightmapped with strong color bleeding, so Big Red Wall affects A LOT on the floor color as well.

I have an idea to add some trees (maybe even leaves-less) on the walls and ceilings. Main (for level design) game conditions are:
- First person platformer;
- Changing gravity;
I'm sorry for lack of character to compare it's size to size of zones, but there's umbrella and bricks and tiles, so you just could imagine that. Zones aren't actually big, they are medium to small sizes.

And to make it a bit more "focused", here's my inspiration refs:

Mirror's Edge DLC + Sublustrum.
(ALL pictures are clickable)

Please, rate this points in addition to your feedback:
- Is color placement fine?
- Is shape fine and interesting?
- Is overall feeling like possible blend between Sublustrum and ME?
For every zone...

P.S.
Not sure if TIG is good place for 3D advices lookup since it's full of pixels, but I'll try anyway...

We LOVE you. We MADE you.
thedaemon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:10 AM »

It's really hard to tell as it is. A run through video of what the player would see would be helpful.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic