Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411895 Posts in 69427 Topics- by 58475 Members - Latest Member: szálamireaktor

June 07, 2024, 07:06:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallStar Sky
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Star Sky  (Read 1305 times)
Xeeko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »

New game, out now for $2.99

Game and trailer available at http://www.jm-j.com/starsky.html

"A fair warning. Star Sky is not a game for everyone. It is a slow-paced game of exploring different choices. There are secrets to unlock, and for those who make it to the end, there is alot of interesting things to reflect about. It is also a peaceful experience and a game about enjoying the ambience the world around you can provide. Make the choices, watch what happens, unlock the secret.

Star Sky is not a game you play for hours on end. You play it once, see what there there is to discover and then play it as many times as you feel like. Then hopefully you will return and finish it at some point, in order to unlock the end. The game is meant to be a relaxing and ambient experience focusing on creating a soothing atmosphere rather than intense gameplay. It is similar to an interactive poem. A poem that has several endings and allow you to explore different scenarios. It is important that you take your time and allow yourself to feel the game as you play it."
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 12:29:57 AM by Xeeko » Logged
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:20:37 AM »

I'm intrigued, but what do you actually do? The video didn't leave me with a sense of what gameplay there is (... if any?). Do you just ... walk forward? Is there dialogue?

(You should probably work on your sales pitch - starting off by warning people that it might not be for them is kind of discouraging)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 09:38:48 PM by Aik » Logged
Zaphos
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:46:16 AM »

Yeah ... the beginning of the sales pitch basically reads like a bunch of apologies in advance for a game the player might not like which is apparently slow and repetitive and which the player will have to "endure" ...

Also the trailer has so many cuts that it's like 70% cross-fading and all I could make out about the game is the backgrounds are kinda pretty and the walk animation is bad.
Xeeko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2011, 12:20:46 AM »

Thanks for the input. I'll take a look at making a more explaining trailer.

Well, I certainly don't want to sound off-putting, there is a lot to the game, but I also wouldn't want anyone buying it on false premises. It is an art-game, and there is indeed gameplay (you walk along a field, and they gameplay lies in the choices you make along the way). I'm gonna look it over as to not scare ayone away, but I don't want someone buying it thinking it's Limbo or something like that just because it happens to have silhouette-based graphics.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:24:43 AM by Xeeko » Logged
Xeeko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 01:26:31 AM »

Updated with a new trailer.

JamesGecko
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 03:38:20 PM »

It... still looks like you're just walking across a field? And sometimes things happen, except when they don't. Presumably because your character was a jerk and flipped the sign to point the wrong way. Are choices the only gameplay mechanic?
Xeeko
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 08:36:29 AM »

Well, the game is about a man walking across a field:) Yes, choices are the gameplay mechanic. Finding where the choices can be made, why, and in what sequence, in order to unlock new events (and the end) is what the game is about.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic