Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 07:30:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsProcedural GenerationFaith, to a certain Degree [Finished] (ready to win)
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Faith, to a certain Degree [Finished] (ready to win)  (Read 14212 times)
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« on: June 01, 2008, 08:28:56 AM »

From the creator of "Super Mario vs. Programming in China"...

the next great blockbuster production...

which certainly will win your a**.

Prepare...
(and get a fucking printer)

---------------------------------------------------
okay, it's done!
Fear not, leaf through the rules (they are not too complicated once you have read them) and start playing! I'd love to read some reports on how the game plays. Smiley

Download-Link: (many thanks to my homeboy C418!)

http://c418.org/ftacd.zip

BaronCid out.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 09:03:13 AM by BaronCid » Logged

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 08:31:26 AM »

Printer ain't working, so sorry.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2008, 08:37:47 AM »

If you have a laptop... that's okay, too... or a large PC-table... or a fast writing-hand (with a PEN!!!) or... a huge acceptance for pain.

~

I make (60s/70s) rock music. Listen to my band's new album here: www.speicher.bandcamp.com
Corpus
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 08:40:08 AM »

Ah, man, it's a board game again? I thought you were talking about a computer game on IRC :D
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 08:40:44 AM »

Oh... please allow me to double-leak... still not obvious enough...

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 08:45:37 AM »

What the crapper?

Josh R
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »

You are giving me mixed signals? Jack of hearts with a beard? Board game? table of events? This may just be amazing, or very silly.

Film/TV/Game Composer
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »

It's finished fo realz.

Josh R
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 11:20:32 AM »

Downloading now... I am high on anticipation!

Film/TV/Game Composer
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 11:32:58 AM »

Meh. SM vs. PiC was funny, now it's just a bad joke.

Melly
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 11:37:23 AM »

Well, it's certainly interesting. Tongue

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 11:41:28 AM »

Meh. SM vs. PiC was funny, now it's just a bad joke.

Well, if you think that my way of making bad joked is writing a 15+ page document with diagrams, tables, explicit rules and creating an overall fully playable game which took me some 20hours to design and "write down"... if you think that this is my way of doing bad jokes you are terribly wrong, my friend.  Cool

Maybe it is a joke... but a serious one.

Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 11:43:08 AM »

OH alright then. Nothing I'm gonna bother playing anyway Tongue

Josh R
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 11:45:58 AM »

Looks amazing so far, but I am confused about page 4 of the rules.
It says "Shuffle the fate-cards in the lower right corner of the interface with every new turn.
Next lay out the cards in exactly the same manner each time:"
Then it shows a diagram, but I do not know which cards I place in the spots for "already flipped" "draw 2" Action 1,2,3".  Please help, as i am dying to play it.

Film/TV/Game Composer
Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 11:53:52 AM »

Looks amazing so far, but I am confused about page 4 of the rules.
It says "Shuffle the fate-cards in the lower right corner of the interface with every new turn.
Next lay out the cards in exactly the same manner each time:"
Then it shows a diagram, but I do not know which cards I place in the spots for "already flipped" "draw 2" Action 1,2,3".  Please help, as i am dying to play it.

Well, I expected someone would have some questions. It's normal and I'm happy you asked.  Smiley

You shuffle the cards and when laying them on the table you do it like... serving cards in a poker round. So you put the cards on the table in the manner shown in the diagram and put the other cards to the side. So you don't know what's on the cards you put on the table, they're facing down.
The card "already flipped" has to be flipped even before you start Action 1.
It allows you to predict (using the list-of-events and the event-by-draw-and-floor-table) what might happen since the card "DRAW 1" (which is already flipped) decides whether your draw is something between 0-9, 10-19 or 20-29.
So after you put the cards on the table in the given manner you just start playing the actions "action 1" "action 2" and "action 3", then you can build something and finally flip "DRAW 2" too find out what draw you have. (the draw decides over the event at the end of the turn)

Did that make things clear? Smiley

BaronCid

Josh R
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 12:01:27 PM »

I think I get it now, I don't have any paper in my printer though! Could I somehow transfer the references to MS paint? Then I could write on them with ease.

Edit: It is possible!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 12:06:47 PM by Cheif Emu » Logged

Film/TV/Game Composer
increpare
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 05:33:57 PM »

I'm totally going to have to try this out some evening.  I do quite like the idea (including the printery-ness of it).  That said, I feel compelled to ask: what, if anything, held you back from doing a computer implementation of this?
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2008, 07:40:00 PM »

I don't know, (I haven't done either) but I think that coming up with a playable tabletop game would be a lot harder than programming a computer game. Good job, although I don't think I'll play. (I have no one to play with. Sad)

Lukas
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 02:42:27 AM »

I don't know, (I haven't done either) but I think that coming up with a playable tabletop game would be a lot harder than programming a computer game. Good job, although I don't think I'll play. (I have no one to play with. Sad)
Ahm... it's a singleplayer game.  Smiley (Although I'm thinking about including multiplayer-gaming)

I'm totally going to have to try this out some evening.  I do quite like the idea (including the printery-ness of it).  That said, I feel compelled to ask: what, if anything, held you back from doing a computer implementation of this?
Well, first of all... I'm no programmer. I could've taken some game-maker or some simple programming language but well... I didn't have the time to get into that.
Second, I like to do something *special*.
Third, "board" or "card" games leave very much to the player's imagination and they allow changing the rules seemlessly. I like that.
And last: I never actually played a game including playing cards which tell a story.

So I wouldn't say my games are "boardgames". They are "games which don't need a computer to be played". That's because they resemble many themes exclusive to video games.

BaronCid

Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 11:20:07 AM »

Ahm... it's a singleplayer game.  Smiley (Although I'm thinking about including multiplayer-gaming)

Well, first of all... I'm no programmer. I could've taken some game-maker or some simple programming language but well... I didn't have the time to get into that.
Second, I like to do something *special*.
Third, "board" or "card" games leave very much to the player's imagination and they allow changing the rules seemlessly. I like that.
And last: I never actually played a game including playing cards which tell a story.

So I wouldn't say my games are "boardgames". They are "games which don't need a computer to be played". That's because they resemble many themes exclusive to video games.

BaronCid

Ah, sorry, I heard "dealing cards" and was all, "multiplayer."
I'll give the game a shot sometime, then.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic