Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411488 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 03:10:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLast Delusion (Back to Basics)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Last Delusion (Back to Basics)  (Read 6121 times)
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »

Day 8

I'm not gonna lie to you guys, there's a crapload of classes I plan to implement. The original Final Fantasy had some, but sucked when you didn't know what they were quite capable of right off the bat. Final Fantasy III and V somewhat solved this by making more classes and adding cool ones. Each class is different obviously, but there are even more epic ones that I don't even think have been added to the RPG genre. By the way, classes can use any of the PP, SP, or MP. Some can be both, but only one is per character. No, you can't create your party.

CLASS TYPES, PART 1:

• Rico - PP - Main character. He has his own statistics, so therefore, his own class. He's that cool.
  • Knight - PP - Man of chivalry. Swings sharp, pointy metal.
  • Belghe'f - N/A - Almost like a combination of a Klingon and an Elf. No special skills.
  • Wizard - MP - He casts offensive spells!
  • Apprentice - SP or MP - Like a mini-wizard. Can perform weak all-around spells or general buff/nerf skills.
  • Medic - SP - The healing man.
  • Nurse - SP - More skilled in healing, can cure ailments.
  • Doctor - SP or MP - Even more skilled. Can use curative spells.
  • Surgeon - PP or SP or MP - Can also use offensive surgery tools. Can cure anything except death.
  • Archer - PP or SP - Shoots things. Can use special tips or archery skills.
  • Chemist - SP - Can conduct miscellaneous potions. Effective as magic users and medics.
  • Falconer - SP - FALCON PAWNCH! That is all.

This is all I have for now. More is coming soon.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 12:11:04 PM »

Day 9

So I was in digital media class today and thought I'd finish up something as my final project. I said, "Screw it, I'm doing something useful." Shockingly enough, it kept me motivated the whole time. Showed it off to some friends, they were pretty amazed (probably because they're teens (Wait, so am I!)) at the flick.

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2011, 01:26:10 PM »

A little bump to indicate some of the story. More of the kind you'd find on the back of a game's box, if you say. No, this project isn't dead!

The year is AY 420. Time explorer Rico DeGenerico travels to this year, accurately recording events more accurately than any historian of his time, manages to crash his jet, his only method of transport between the ages due to temporal placement*. Repairing it requires an element, Eyrithium, which is just so conveniently found on the natural armor of a creature summoned to destroy the planet. Others are also after this precious mineral, so time is of the essence.

I'm still tweaking it a bit to solve paradox issues, such as why the world isn't destroyed after being summoned in a very early age of civilization. I dub this the Lavos Theory. *Temporal placement is why Marty didn't crash into the wall in Back to the Future 3. There was a cliff in AY 420 and not in AY 1013.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:17:39 PM by Player 3 » Logged
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2011, 01:30:21 PM »

I'm not usually too keen on vector art but I have to say the visuals look pretty sweet.

Keep up the good work!
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »

Glad to hear about the visuals. They always, ALWAYS need work in my opinion. I REFUSE TO LET THIS DIE!

Now we're onto
Entry 10
I've given up on days. Entries it is.

The programming language may be QBASIC64.

I'm adding in some new class types. One thing you'll notice is that there are some that are useless in combat or in general. No class goes without a purpose, though.

Sage - MP - One step below the wizard. Shown as wise, old people. Uses indirect spells.
Bodybuilder - PP - Impressive offense, intermediate-low defense. Cannot equip armor. Can distract humanoid enemies of female gender with pectorals.
Banker - N/A - Useless. Having him in your party will reduce the amount of money received in battle, but will save up with interest, granting more money.
Chef - SP - Like a chemist. Can only whip up foodstuffs. Requires recipes and pots/pans/etc.
Bard - N/A - Remember Sabin from FF6? Songs are entered in this way to perform many actions. Does not use PP/MP/SP.
Priest - MP - Gives your party a boost or nerf with religion. Religion itself is its own tree in Last Delusion.
Navigator - N/A - Accesses special things you can't, like maps in mapless places. Can use a machete in battle.
Professor - SP - Can build/invent weaponry of sorts.
Ranger - SP - He/She is one with nature. Almost like Hitchcock, in a way.
baconman
Level 10

Design Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »

Nifty concept.

Bard - N/A - Remember Sabin from FF6? Songs are entered in this way to perform many actions. Does not use PP/MP/SP.

Okay... I know it's difficult to compete with the rabid coolness that comes from suplexing a train. But would it really kill you to try?! Tongue

• Chemist - SP or MP - Can conduct miscellaneous potions. Effective as magic users and medics.
    • Falconer - PP - FALCON PAWNCH! That is all.

This is all I have for now. More is coming soon.
^ You said so yourself! Also, Falcon Pawnch! = RAW POWER.

Controls can be simple as 1-5, although I have no idea what you're using Misc. for.

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2011, 04:00:29 PM »

Controls can be simple as 1-5, although I have no idea what you're using Misc. for.
Hm, now THAT is an idea.

Entry 11

Alright, I could really use a programmer. Can't really do that alone. The sub-story that's not exactly the main one, but the one in between, is being worked on as well.

If you want to be the coder, send me a PM. This was really the main purpose of this post.
Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2011, 08:37:23 AM »

Entry 12

I was looking through here to debate on the matter of AIR or "C++" standalones in my mind. HaXe is looking like an option. Cross-platform is of importance to LD. Discussion would help with guidance.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic