Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411517 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 12:37:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTerraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Author Topic: Terraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION  (Read 45380 times)
eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #260 on: May 31, 2011, 06:05:39 AM »

" it was DMCA'd and YouTube didn't even bother to check if it violated copyright (which it didn't, due to fair use)."

Ugh, I hate when this happens. Seems like all you have to do to get something taken down is tell the service provider that it infringes on your copyright or trademark somehow, and they'll take it down without even looking into it (too expensive). How does a review of a game even get confused with copyright infringement?

We. Need. Less. Gatekeepers.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 01, 2011, 04:52:55 AM »

clonk trying to reclaim his crown?

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 01, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »

clonk trying to reclaim his crown?
nov 3 2010? check the site open clonk your right it's coming back.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 03:36:19 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
falsion
« Reply #263 on: June 02, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »

ugh.. just ugh...

I linked to a Terraria video (that was taken down) in the description section of an unrelated video I uploaded the other day.

Guess what happened?

The video got taken down by Blue for "hate speech."

The VIDEO which had nothing to do with Terraria got taken down for HATE SPEECH. The video, not the description section, but the video. And just HOW is a URL to something considered hate speech?

Is the creator of this game trying to be the next Tim Langdell or what?

Thank god I uploaded it to an account I just use for miscellaneous videos that I hardly use.

Edit: Wow, this guy is really on a roll. How does he find so much time to pick out every negative criticism about him?

I wish I got paid to find every negative comment about me or my game on the internet. I'd be rich and employed for life. Hand Money LeftWell, hello there!Hand Money Right

Also it's funny that both my video and this one got shut down for the same reason. I doubt YouTube even watched it and just assumed it was by the same person.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:25:00 AM by falsion » Logged
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: June 02, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »

what was your video itself about?

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 02, 2011, 07:21:48 PM »

No falsion he's the new John Romero and Terraria is his Diakatana.
falsion
« Reply #266 on: June 02, 2011, 07:25:23 PM »

Just a video about fair use, really poorly done with text and a TTS voice and I was pretty bored while making it.

Maybe it's not fair to say that the video had nothing to with Terraria, but I never directly referenced it.

I deleted the YouTube account though. I don't see what I can do with an account YouTube is going to be watching over for no reason. Again I'm glad it was just some alternate account I didn't need. If I uploaded it to my main account then that would be a problem.

This guy is still a huge jerk though.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: June 02, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »

yeah that sounds bad

my thought is this: he's not used to fame, and is really upset with the down sides of fame: public scrutiny over every little thing you do (such as poems you wrote long ago that you never expected anyone would read, let alone thousands of people)

that's a natural reaction but it's not a good idea to go crazy and start demanding everything be taken down

but it's a natural response so i don't think bad of him for it. there are a lot of people who can't handle thousands of people making fun of their personal lives publicly. most of the people in this thread probably couldn't handle it very well either (not saying we'd be start taking stuff down, just that it'd bother almost anyone here)

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 02, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »

Trying to shut down your "haters" on the internet is a terrible idea.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #269 on: June 02, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »

says someone who banned a hater from the forums (braidfan) :D

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2011, 11:21:35 PM »

Correction: I banned Braidfan's second alt account for evading his original ban.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:27:40 PM by C.A. Sinclair » Logged
Dragonmaw
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »

I banned braidfan originally, and it wasn't because he was a hater. If that was the case, I'd have to ban the majority of people both here and on TIGIRC  Gentleman
falsion
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2011, 11:58:36 PM »

Hmm.. maybe I should have kept that YouTube account open and just made scathing reviews of Terraria and kept doing it until YouTube shut it down themselves. I dunno if YouTube tracks things by IPs though, so I wouldn't want to risk it.

I guess I can understand being upset about people reading your poetry. I assume he's ashamed of it and doesn't want people to read it. That's fine. But once you make something public on the internet, it won't just disappear and trying to get rid of it will just make it spread faster (due to the Streisand effect). Also trying to get rid of anything that even remotely references it (or links to it) is a dick move.

Well, I am not going to bother anymore. My main beef is with YouTube. It's a shame that YouTube is so trigger happy about taking down videos. If they get a report, they automatically assume it's bad. It's a really moronic system.

edit: my spellchecker somehow confused Streisand with Strickland, fixed. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:17:42 AM by falsion » Logged
Uykered
« Reply #273 on: June 03, 2011, 12:11:30 AM »

Youtube said "they're sorry about that", so maybe they won't do it again.
falsion
« Reply #274 on: June 03, 2011, 12:12:33 AM »

Youtube said "they're sorry about that", so maybe they won't do it again.

They say that in every error message. Basically, we're sorry you can't watch this video. Or we're sorry this page didn't load.

Though I wish YouTube was that considerate.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: June 03, 2011, 12:28:55 AM »

Wait, am I understanding this correctly that Blue had YouTube remove one of your videos because in the description you linked to a Terraria video that he had taken down? Crazy

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
falsion
« Reply #276 on: June 03, 2011, 12:36:18 AM »

Yes, that's exactly what happened. I'm still perplexed by it myself.  Undecided

One of my friends told me he linked to it on the Terraria forum and they removed his post, so maybe that also had something to do with it. Shrug
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2011, 01:29:07 AM »

Why on earth would he care about links to a video that doesn't even exist anymore? I kinda understood why he had The Best Gamers' video taken down (though that was definitely also misguided) but this is just insane. I don't think Blue understands PR. He's acting like some Chinese minister for propaganda and censorship. Seriously, this game is a hit in spite of all the fuck-ups by Redigit and Blue. From the two leaks of the game to the taking down of videos, these guys are their own worst enemy.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Dragonmaw
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2011, 02:10:22 AM »

Just file a counter-claim to YouTube, they'll reinstate your video.

As for why they do it, it's because of the DMCA. They have to in order to avoid getting shut down or sued into oblivion. Just file a counter-claim and you'll be fine (takes around two minutes or so).

As for Blue, what the fuck is he doing? He's acting like a petulant little brat.
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:11 AM »

Quote from: Blue
Forever does exist, and so does integrity, trust and hope.

so does integrity

integrity
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic