Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:11:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTerraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Print
Author Topic: Terraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION  (Read 45383 times)
Uykered
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2011, 03:01:24 AM »

You should make a video praising him instead, see if he removes that.
falsion
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2011, 03:09:42 AM »

You should make a video praising him instead, see if he removes that.

From what I've seen, the official Terraria forum a good enough job of that already.

I saw someone get chewed out there for citing a gameplay flaw/bug. Their forum is crazy, I've never seen so much brown nosing in my life.

If it's not Blue that's the problem, it's his rabid fanbase. I'm sure they had some part in this as well.
Dragonmaw
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2011, 03:47:44 AM »

Sure is nice that he doesn't have any power over here!
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2011, 04:04:00 AM »

fanbase is always the problem always!

eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2011, 06:41:24 AM »

falsion, I'm so mad at what happened to you  Angry

I know first amendment rights only apply to government intervention in a specific country, but freedom of speech is a natural right in any context, and the fact that companies are able and willing to stomp on this (even if they only do it out of fear of retribution) is going to lead to a dark future.

Down with the DMCA already  Angry. I expected better of Google for some reason. Maybe we should start suing companies for overreacting to false claims without investigation, maybe then they'll be bullet shy to take things down without reason.

More on topic, Terraria seems to crash my internet (such as closing the game and skype, which we're trying to use to chat about the game) when I play multiplayer. It happens sometimes for my friend too. Does anyone know what's going on here?  Shrug
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2011, 06:58:55 AM »

come to think of it, how do you even know it's him and not his fans, btw falsion? it's pretty strong to accuse him of it when it could just be his fans who requested it be taken down

mirosurabu
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2011, 07:27:58 AM »

come to think of it, how do you even know it's him and not his fans, btw falsion? it's pretty strong to accuse him of it when it could just be his fans who requested it be taken down

It doesn't make good drama, that's why.
falsion
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2011, 08:34:44 AM »

You're right, I apologize. But it's still the same to me. It's ridiculous to see YouTube just take down a video because a lot of people say so.

I don't care who did it, just the fact that YouTube is so quick to take things down is annoying enough. Even more than how his fanbase can't seem to learn not everyone is going to like Blue or his game.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2011, 09:02:51 AM »

yeah i think everyone here agrees that youtube shouldn't take videos down without manually evaluating each request. i've had videos taken down too when they were clearly in fair use and even when the person claiming credit for the copyright of the video doesn't actually own that copyright. i'd put the blame much more on youtube than on the game or its fans or developer, because it's natural that emotional people would want to force others to take stuff down, it's just not natural that they succeed so easily. the system should be rational and support free speech even if the individuals who use that system aren't/don't

DeadPixel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2011, 11:07:59 AM »

To my knowledge though, under our law, it can't work like that.  YouTube basically has to follow the DMCA guidelines to be protected by the DMCA (so they can't be directly sued for copyright infringement, etc).  My understanding is that they get a complaint, immediately take the content down, and then the dispute is between the involved parties.  That way they keep their nose clean.

It's obviously open to dirty abuse as we've seen in many past cases, but its the only way for the 3rd party to protect themselves with this stupid law in place.

Note that I'm not a lawyer or anything... this is just information gleaned from years of watching this nonsense go down. Smiley

Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2011, 02:44:30 PM »

Quote from: LordXavierBritish
Because on the original youtube video it says it was taken down by Teh Gamez which is the previous company name Blue used; he probably thought he could hide behind it and people wouldn't find out it was him.

http://tehgamez.com/
It's beyond reasonable doubt that this is all Blue's doing. He really ought to come clean and apologize.
im9today
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2011, 02:52:45 PM »

teh gamez
4 teh win
LOLZ pwned

us gamers XD
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »

Blue's being a real bitch about this whole situation.  What really surprises me is the fact that these websites are blatantly disregarding these peoples' rights to freedom of speech.  Some website has to just say "fuck you" to that guy at some point.
Danmark
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2011, 03:18:35 PM »

teh gamez
4 teh win
LOLZ pwned

us gamers XD

Did you read the post, or click the link? It redirects to the Terraria site.
tso
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2011, 03:59:22 PM »

teh gamez
4 teh win
LOLZ pwned

us gamers XD

Did you read the post, or click the link? It redirects to the Terraria site.

9's just poking fun at leet-spelling

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »

what a disaster D:

ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »

It's beyond reasonable doubt that this is all Blue's doing. He really ought to come clean and apologize.

i was speaking specifically of falsion's video, not the original. the original it's clear he did it, but falsion's video was taken down for hate speech, not for copyright reasons, so it could have been anyone reporting it

im9today
« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2011, 06:20:46 PM »

i didnt think that was what hate speech even meant
eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: June 03, 2011, 06:43:30 PM »

If Blue's so concerned with copyright infringement, maybe they should come clean with Square's lawyers about that little FF sprite fiasco Undecided
phubans
Indier Than Thou
Level 10

TIG Mascot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: June 15, 2011, 12:01:18 AM »

I love this game... Though I've pretty much done all there is to do in the 80+ hours I spent playing it in the past two weeks, so I'm just going to take a break until they do some serious content overhaul. I posted some design feedback on their forum that was pretty well-received by the community there, so hopefully the developers will notice the thread and use some of those ideas, because I'd really love to see this game be more than it is now Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic