Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:23:03 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesTerraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Print
Author Topic: Terraria: 1.2 ENDGAME EXPLOSION  (Read 45087 times)
eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: June 15, 2011, 07:30:37 AM »

Has this game been patched so it doesn't destroy my internet connection? That would make me actually play it.

(PS not just me happened to my friend too. But who knows, maaaaaaaaybe we're the only two people in the world who have problems with it  Shrug)
WelcomeToAwesomeness
« Reply #301 on: June 16, 2011, 06:29:13 PM »

The game may have it's faults, but it is fully worth $10 in my opinion.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 16, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »

Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: June 16, 2011, 11:05:20 PM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19952.0

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Conker534
« Reply #304 on: June 17, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »

idgi
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:55 PM »

3d minecraft heroes
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: June 17, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »

Gimmy posted a link to a YouTube video of Cube World. I posted a link to the Feedback thread for Cube World on these very boards.

EDIT: This was in response to Conker's post on the previous page...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:44:53 PM by Christian Knudsen » Logged

Laserbrain Studios
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 17, 2011, 01:22:27 PM »

I've noticed that it's kind of popular for developers who rip off Minecraft to claim they weren't actually inspired by Minecraft, what's up with that?

I'd have less of a problem with this current fad if people were honest enough to admit their games are similar to MC instead of being all "Hey guys, I'm making an Open World Block Building Game™ that has nothing to do with Minecraft except looking and playing almost exactly the same."
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »

I've noticed that it's kind of popular for developers who rip off Minecraft to claim they weren't actually inspired by Minecraft, what's up with that?

just like irate gamer and avgn

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 17, 2011, 03:00:35 PM »

This sort of denying-any-connection-in-spite-of-obvious-evidence-to-the-contrary thing is pretty common with ripoffs in general, probably because the copiers are afraid of getting sued. But it's not like Notch could realistically sue any Minecraft ripoffs (and win), considering MC is obviously based on Infiniminer whose author doesn't mind people copying his work.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 17, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »

This sort of denying-any-connection-in-spite-of-obvious-evidence-to-the-contrary thing is pretty common with ripoffs in general, probably because the copiers are afraid of getting sued. But it's not like Notch could realistically sue any Minecraft ripoffs (and win), considering MC is obviously based on Infiniminer whose author doesn't mind people copying his work.
Though Blue needs to worry about clonk(and other 2d terrain manipulation game ) developers suing him for biting their build and destroy terrain in 2d.
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 18, 2011, 06:28:48 AM »

I don't think you can actually sue if your game plays and looks similarily dude. Undecided
Can you imagine the carnage if you could?  WTF
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: June 18, 2011, 06:49:32 AM »

You can if it's a complete rip-off. It's happened in the past. But that isn't the case here, of course.

Laserbrain Studios
eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 18, 2011, 10:11:27 AM »

What's with all these cave story rip-offs, can you believe that stuff?

BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: June 18, 2011, 10:16:41 AM »

What's with all these cave story rip-offs, can you believe that stuff?

Man, Cave Story was obviously a Metroid ripoff. Can you believe that guy Pixel? He's such a jerk. He should be sued.

eiyukabe
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: June 18, 2011, 12:27:38 PM »

I don't know, Zynga constantly rips off (not 'gets inspired by', _rips off_) existing games and they are currently suing a company for ripping their game off. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/35300/Zynga_Takes_Developer_To_Court_For_Blatant_Copyright_Infringement.php

It's more like, Notch isn't an evil sociopath like those who run Zynga, so he probably won't sue.
Conker534
« Reply #316 on: June 18, 2011, 12:43:23 PM »

Who cares if it ripped off? I mean, thats how a genre starts.

Finally people are taking it in a different direction, that rpg voxel game, woo!
eld
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2011, 01:38:48 AM »

I don't know, Zynga constantly rips off (not 'gets inspired by', _rips off_) existing games and they are currently suing a company for ripping their game off. http://gamasutra.com/view/news/35300/Zynga_Takes_Developer_To_Court_For_Blatant_Copyright_Infringement.php

It's more like, Notch isn't an evil sociopath like those who run Zynga, so he probably won't sue.

To be fair, Zynga has a basis for the lawsuit (after I took some time to actually read up on it), being unoriginal is not illegal, just boring, but straight down copying games 1:1 is way beyond.

Uykered
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2011, 04:57:32 AM »

Should leave the ripoff "discussions" on blogposts and youtube where they can be forgotten.
Eibx
Level 0

ヽ༼ ಠل͟ರೃ ༽ノ

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2011, 03:41:28 AM »

Should leave the ripoff "discussions" on blogposts and youtube where they can be forgotten.

I agree. But it's apparently a hot topic. I personally think they didn't rip it off, but got heavily inspired. Which is good for the most part.

"You need to be logged in to log out. Please log in to log out."
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic