Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:06:49 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMinion's Story [On Hold]
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Minion's Story [On Hold]  (Read 12983 times)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:55 AM »

I've fixed the HUD, replacing the placeholder stamina gauge and level number. It's almost to how it will look in the final version.

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 02:28:59 AM »

I have redone one of the cutscenes to fit with the style of the rest of the game.

antymattar
Level 5

Has earned the contemporary *Banned* medal

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2011, 12:00:10 PM »

I just Re-downloaded to see some changes. OMG! The chiller seven are hard as hell if you dont use the fireball!

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »

Yeah, personally I don't think that all of them ganging up on you at the same time is the best way to go about that battle. I will probably have them go a couple at a time and change up their strategy. The problem is that I don't want a big boss battle right before the next large boss battle.

Also, are you using the shield? I'm worried that it needs a nerf, actually.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 12:33:01 PM by SundownKid » Logged

antymattar
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2011, 10:25:54 PM »

actually, to my knowledge, the shield needs a buff. Cause I tried using it (And it looked like he was "calling out" the enemy. Lol!) and it doesnt deem to block stuff. I dont know. Do you think we should have like a shield animation with and actual shield or just keep it there as is.

Also, the elf battle wasnt that hard. Maybe he needs some new moves but... I dont know. It was just really easy. And theres a bug when he calls out vega's name and the game crashes.  Well, hello there!

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 11:08:29 PM »

Do you think we should have like a shield animation with and actual shield or just keep it there as is.

Yes, I do think it should probably show him holding up a shield.
I was toying around with the idea of having "weird equipment" like magical barriers, but I figured that the Evil Lord would rather let his minions pick up whatever they could steal.
Now, I just have to figure out how armor can fit a massive minion-saurus rex...  Cheesy

Also, the elf battle wasnt that hard. Maybe he needs some new moves but... I dont know. It was just really easy.

I wasn't sure about that, but if that's the case, I will probably give him more magic attacks, or a higher defense.

And theres a bug when he calls out vega's name and the game crashes
I tested out that part, and there doesn't seem to be a crash for me. Weird, but it would suck if it was happening to other people.

I will probably reupload it anyway - I'm opening a new site specifically for my games soon.

antymattar
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2011, 06:58:56 AM »

Well... Since my machine doesnt take surfaces in GM I think it might be normal for it to throw up on other games too but anyway...

Nah, I dont think the elf dude should have a higher defense. Its ok the way it is(And a bit intimidating to see him have 500 HP). I think its more of a challenge thing than a dificulty thing(There is a difference).

Oh and btw, I will make my sig like yours in a certain way just so you know. Cause Im a part of the project too...Plus I'm famous.  Giggle
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 07:11:22 AM by antymattar » Logged

SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »

Sure, go crazy. I will probably end up changing that battle somehow - I think he should probably be in the center of the arena rather than the far edge because it's harder to know when you should attack him.

antymattar
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2011, 11:21:43 PM »

yeah. I did like the poison pigs part though.  WTF

antymattar_is_back
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »

Hmm... I guess a lot of people think this is dead. Well, it isnt.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 11:58:10 PM »

I've posted a video of the first half of the demo for people who are unable to play through it (or don't feel like it).

I think our progress is at around 35% now but I wouldn't bring it up to 40% yet.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic