Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411804 Posts in 69416 Topics- by 58462 Members - Latest Member: Moko1910

May 28, 2024, 09:41:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Wrapping an swf for steamworks
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Wrapping an swf for steamworks  (Read 7872 times)
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 10:52:22 AM »

Holy shit, I've been using AIR 2.6 the whole time to make the .air packages for win/mac/linux (and that has been fine since I haven't needed extensions till now), didn't notice you need 3.0+ for the extensions. Well, a new error arises but I can probably figure it out.

This is really helpful. I don't have SDK access yet, but I'm going to get as far as I can before I stop.

How do I manage to breathe? 

play hydlide 2
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 10:55:15 AM »

You should Definitely start using the -native and -bundle flags in your windows/mac builds, that makes it so much nicer for your users (the disadvantage being now you have to package several binaries rather than just one air file). This is exactly what you want to do for Steam, however, b/c it requires ZERO installation. You just have a folder with an executable and a bunch of dependent files in it, perfect for Steam. This is how Defender's Quest, Offspring Fling, and a bunch of other Steam AIR games do it.

If you want to wrap that in an installer for your direct customers, I can give you my NSIS scripts for that.

Nostrils!
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 10:58:45 AM »

You should Definitely start using the -native and -bundle flags in your windows/mac builds, that makes it so much nicer for your users (the disadvantage being now you have to package several binaries rather than just one air file). This is exactly what you want to do for Steam, however, b/c it requires ZERO installation. You just have a folder with an executable and a bunch of dependent files in it, perfect for Steam. This is how Defender's Quest, Offspring Fling, and a bunch of other Steam AIR games do it.

If you want to wrap that in an installer for your direct customers, I can give you my NSIS scripts for that.

Ah yeah, that would be great!  As well as the linux scripts too (I'll need to wrangle with that later!) I will e-mail you.

play hydlide 2
larsiusprime
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

I just talked to my Steam contact and I *might* have to move the details of my big forum dump to their secure developer forum. I'll post in a bit.

Nostrils!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic