Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411769 Posts in 69411 Topics- by 58455 Members - Latest Member: AbsamStudios

May 26, 2024, 03:25:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)sketchbook
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: sketchbook  (Read 2150 times)
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2011, 11:43:21 PM »

So I filled up my sketchbook recently and decided to scan in a selection of pages, figured I might as well post them here too. The sketchbook was a nice black A4 moleskine. Man, now I gotta buy a new one and I'm 30 euros short for rent  Sad

These range from December 2009 to May 2011

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:12:39 AM »

Thanks! For the most part I use a 0.5mm B-lead Faber-Castell Grip 1345 (Motherfucker's balanced like a sword!) Though more recently I've gona back to oldschool pencils with a set of Lyra 4h, 2b and 6b for a wider and better controlled value range.

im9today
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 04:06:43 AM »

really cool stuff
kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:14:52 AM »

I think it's mostly the paper, moleskine's tooth is smoooooooth but not slippery at all, it basically steps back and lets the pencil do its thing without trying to superimpose some silly texture. They don't sell paper that good in specialized paper shops!

thedaemon
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 02:03:54 PM »

Yes, yes we do fucing love coal mining!  Beer!
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »

Ah man, I always love seeing your sketches. Kiss Coincidently, I also bought a moleskine for the first time recently after hearing people rave about how nice they are to draw in. I'll definitely be giving that a go now.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »

Man, you got some disturbing stuff in there... But I just couldn't stop gazing at all that greatness! Kinnas, you're one of the better artists I've seen, that's for sure.  Smiley
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »

Fantastic stuff as per usual, Kinnas. Seeing your work is always very inspiring and motivates me to get better at all of the things I find boring and am bad at (i.e. gesture drawing, still life, etc...).

kinnas
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »

Thanks guys!

Hehe, not planning on leaving soon. I'd love to do some game art but I've been too swamped with trying to stay alive to pursue coding/sound and stuff on my own Man-of-Renaissance style. The three or so game projects I've worked on with various people have just kinda faded out of existence and when I've tried to offer doing art for people most have politely declined or just ignored my mails.

And I wanna do pretentious artsy stuff anyways and I hear that's not the most popular thang on tigsource or in gaming in general at all.

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 12:18:40 PM »

when I've tried to offer doing art for people most have politely declined or just ignored my mails.

buh wuh

wh-huh

h-h-HOW

How could anyone turn you down?
Kevin
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »

Dear Kinnas,

Can we be married? I'll buy you a new moleskine if you say yes.

Love,
Kevin
im9today
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »

when I've tried to offer doing art for people most have politely declined or just ignored my mails.

don't be concerned, they're just wrong.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic