Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 08:43:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKing Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Author Topic: King Arthur's Gold - A 2D Multiplayer-only Free Buildy-Fighty Game  (Read 54831 times)
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 02, 2011, 08:54:32 PM »

geti fix the gold sack issue by having respawning empty sacks, through he broke the game by allowing builders to set up inescapable traps if they do the clip through the ground tactic and be stuck in a tile. which means someone could build loads of those and some unfortunate player can be trap in to a tile than just fall through the ground and into a tunnel someone dug out.
being back the clip through floor much safer than being lodge in a wall and a sitting duck for enemies.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:49 AM »

Anyway, I'll be trying this out later today. Wouldn't it help for the team switching idiocy if a player could select his side only as he connects? It's a bit clumsy, but at least it'd inform everyone that the player has joined, and then selected team X, instead of doing that stealthily in-game.
Yeah, true. I think it'd just be a good idea to announce people switching teams and to make kicking/banning people as quick and easy as possible, as well as making sure they stay banned

Accounts should help that Smiley

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 02:43:59 AM »

Just be careful so you don't over-do it. Otherwise you'll end up with a team of trolls having every other player permanently banned from the game.

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Dragonmaw
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2011, 03:46:22 AM »

So basically one server would contain all the belligerent griefing douchebags? Sounds fine to me.
Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »

So basically one server would contain all the belligerent griefing douchebags? Sounds fine to me.
Then they migrate over to other servers as a force of banning.
One man can't ruin a game if he has no power to, but give that man 1% and he could enlist about 100 more or so men to join him to get complete control.
Geti your might end up hurting your normal players than hurting the pirates hackers griefers.
Bood_war
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 04, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »

You might like this, Geti.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2011, 02:59:30 AM »

I keep meaning to respond here and getting distracted... Sorry.
Just be careful so you don't over-do it. Otherwise you'll end up with a team of trolls having every other player permanently banned from the game.
I guess, if >50% of any given server's population is trolls though we're in strife. Bans would only be serverside for the most part though, with us being able to disable accounts if need be. We're thinking a reputation system wouldn't hurt.

We've also got a solution to skybridges that should also make ransacking the enemy a thousand times more fun (hint: Preludeish building support code)

Fixes coming for the server disconnect bug asap :/

Dragonmaw
« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2011, 11:51:39 AM »

As a head's up, I'm doing a write-up for DIYgamer.
poe
« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2011, 01:37:58 PM »

Post here again when it's up, I'll add it to the mentions part of the site Smiley
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2011, 03:39:11 PM »

http://kagdev.tumblr.com/post/6258164507/build-49-released

Should be self explanatory, here's the changelog:
Code:
Changes build 45-49:

- smaller cursors
- new archer cursors
- servers list is read from cache incase master is down
- your player has a name tag at all times
- name tags are drawn above player
- fixed end game crash reason
- added healing heart spawning randomly from killed player [experimental]
- ladders can be built anywhere against backgrounds
- anything can be built directly on a castle background wall
- build block cursor snaps to build position
- disabled map border fadeout
- casting another vote time increased to 10 minutes
- default vote kick ban time increased to 60 minutes
- if player being voted disconnects he is banned automatically
- rcon authorized player cannot be kicked
- added basic speedhack protection
- added hand cursor on block placement
- autoupdater does chmod +x on .sh script files
- players banned by IP and additional unique ID
- local server always disconnects if joining foreign server
- fixed map dimensions being too small
- added thick stone resource block (3x stone)
- fixed infinite ground background ladders
- added autorestarting functionality on new build release

Excellent.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: June 06, 2011, 03:41:42 PM »

I keep meaning to respond here and getting distracted... Sorry.
I guess, if >50% of any given server's population is trolls though we're in strife. Bans would only be serverside for the most part though, with us being able to disable accounts if need be. We're thinking a reputation system wouldn't hurt.

We've also got a solution to skybridges that should also make ransacking the enemy a thousand times more fun (hint: Preludeish building support code)

Fixes coming for the server disconnect bug asap :/
I got nightmares from that coding.
no man should ever go through building stuff with this code (no offense geti).
shoot, skybridges where something people just had to sit down and use their brains on beating it(catapults tear through ladders like paper). Cutting off the ability to use air support means people can just shut down the tunnel and land to make a impenetrable fortress which then lead to a games of who can dig up the most gold. There be no risk just tedious work and grinding gold.
fake edit:
Infinite ground background ladders? what?
edit: So what happens if the person was votekicked does this equal to a ban?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 03:48:03 PM by Rumrusher » Logged
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 06, 2011, 03:56:15 PM »

This game is pure excellence!  I'll be sure to give this a plug on my blog.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: June 06, 2011, 04:49:42 PM »

shoot, skybridges where something people just had to sit down and use their brains on beating it(catapults tear through ladders like paper). Cutting off the ability to use air support means people can just shut down the tunnel and land to make a impenetrable fortress which then lead to a games of who can dig up the most gold. There be no risk just tedious work and grinding gold.
fake edit:

"Ground background ladders" (ladders on top of a background tile) used to not cost anything.

If a person is votekicked they're by default banned for an hour.

We'll make the building support code able to be switched on or off by the server but I think that'll make castles have to be built in a more logical manner (to prevent 1 bomb crumbling the whole thing). Skybridges would still be possible but even more risky. At the moment theres floating ladders and the like, which is something we aren't very happy with.
Good to hear! Swing the link our way and we'll slot you into the mentions section on the site!

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 06, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »

fake edit:

"Ground background ladders" (ladders on top of a background tile) used to not cost anything.

If a person is votekicked they're by default banned for an hour.

We'll make the building support code able to be switched on or off by the server but I think that'll make castles have to be built in a more logical manner (to prevent 1 bomb crumbling the whole thing). Skybridges would still be possible but even more risky. At the moment theres floating ladders and the like, which is something we aren't very happy with.
Good to hear! Swing the link our way and we'll slot you into the mentions section on the site!
So does this mean we get cave-ins or better yet could we get the reverse door so blue can walk over but the red just fall through?
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: June 06, 2011, 11:10:58 PM »

Well, cave-ins of buildings and possibly terrain later - though my experience with prelude has shown me that that usually leads to people being confused about terrain suddenly crushing them.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2011, 01:44:03 AM »

Well, cave-ins of buildings and possibly terrain later - though my experience with prelude has shown me that that usually leads to people being confused about terrain suddenly crushing them.
yup which is why I kinda had that mood.
if you don't bring all of preludes terrain issues and all or you don't and start fresh.
I'm still having issues with the getting stuck in 1 tile blocks because of your 'fix' and this is from walking across normal terrain that was dug in slightly. Apoplectic
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2011, 02:06:53 AM »

if you don't bring all of preludes terrain issues and all or you don't and start fresh.
I'm still having issues with the getting stuck in 1 tile blocks because of your 'fix' and this is from walking across normal terrain that was dug in slightly. Apoplectic
We're not going to be bringing the code across, just the idea.
The getting stuck in 1 tile holes issue is due to server lag causing odd behaviour, we'll look into it for sure Smiley

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2011, 11:00:41 AM »

wait you didn't mention that you added fall damage?
I randomly died so much on my base and I thought it was from lag hidden arrows.
Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »

The default setting on servers must have changed, Fall damage has been in since build 10 or so.

Rumrusher
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2011, 10:31:38 PM »

The default setting on servers must have changed, Fall damage has been in since build 10 or so.
so you change the default to Fall damage on? or I went to the wrong server to be jumping around.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic