Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 12:24:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsIn Your Face City Trains
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: In Your Face City Trains  (Read 1874 times)
SimonLarsen
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:07:15 PM »

In Your Face City Trains
IYFCT is a silly little one-button game I've been working on the past couple of days.
The title comes from the Video Game Name Generator after I challenged myself to get 5 random names and make a game based on the best name.

It was initially supposed to be a quick 48-hour thing but I kinda like it, even though it's simple and silly, so I've decided to actually finish it.

Screenshots
Click to enlarge

Video

Download

Instructions
The goal of the game is to survive as long as you can.
Jump over trains with closed doors and try (as much as possible) to run through trains with open doors to avoid birds and tunnels. Some open trains will give you coffee. When your coffee-meter is full, you have one extra life.

Controls
  • Space: Jump
  • R/Return: Restart
  • 1-4: Set zoom level

TODO
  • Add menus and game modes (story mode? challenges?) and difficulty settings
  • Add more environments
  • Prevent birds from spawning right in front of closed trains
  • Add more sound effects (and some music¹)

¹If you make chiptunes and have something upbeat I can use, please drop a message. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:35:14 PM by SimonLarsen » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 03:56:36 PM »

This game is pretty nice! Sometimes I'm thinking it might be moving a little fast, but... I think I'm just not very good at this, haha. When I hit the birds, sometimes I (presume) hit them multiple times while still hanging, so it plays the "hit" sound effect repeatedly, 'stacking' it. Not sure how to fix that.

Does it progress?
SimonLarsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »

This game is pretty nice! Sometimes I'm thinking it might be moving a little fast, but... I think I'm just not very good at this, haha. When I hit the birds, sometimes I (presume) hit them multiple times while still hanging, so it plays the "hit" sound effect repeatedly, 'stacking' it. Not sure how to fix that.

Does it progress?

Thanks for pointing the bird bug out. It's fixed now. Gentleman
It's definitely too hard, I've just gotten way too good at it after testing it over and over again. Added an easier difficulty (and an even harder one). Not sure if it's still too hard.
  • Fixed bird sound error
  • Added splash screen
  • Added 3 difficulties: "Normal", "Hard" and "OH GOD"

Updated downloads in top post
AaronLee
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 03:51:46 PM »

I am always a fan of the hardest difficulty having a ridiculous name like DEATH or whatever so this game is automatically the bes tin the world Tongue

SimonLarsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 05:47:56 PM »

I am always a fan of the hardest difficulty having a ridiculous name like DEATH or whatever so this game is automatically the bes tin the world Tongue

Me too. I'm not a big fan of "OH GOD" though, but couldn't decide on anything since something like "HOLY SHIT" wouldn't really fit the style of the game. Right?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:34:47 PM by SimonLarsen » Logged
SimonLarsen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 05:53:01 PM »

Finally had some time do a little work on this, not much though.

• Added gorges. They don't look very good so I'll probably have to do something about that later just like the clouds. For now:
  • Added highscores. Individual highscores for each difficulty.
  • Some other minor changes like pausing the game when losing focus and more.

Updated downloads in top post

I'm thinking about adding some kind of multiplayer but I can't decide how. Either some kind og pvp survival where you have X number of lives each and have to survive the longest or some kind of crazy coop. Hmm.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:14:48 PM by SimonLarsen » Logged
Aquanoctis
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 11:16:02 AM »

Nice game, although I suck at these type of things =] and you get automatic plus points for using Spamtron music in the trailer.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic