Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411491 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:00:53 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkNeed artists, programmers, musicians for summon-based tactics game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need artists, programmers, musicians for summon-based tactics game  (Read 2470 times)
Beorc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2011, 02:04:19 PM »

I suggested this idea in the "Pitch your game topic" and after some suggestions, I have edited it to make it an entirely original game. Here's the basic concepts:

Story: The gods, called Avatars, created summoners to serve as their prophets, essentially, so that they could serve as a link between the realm of Eidolons and the realm of humans. However, as time wore on, the summoners grew power-hungry and enslaved the Eidolons to do their own bidding and control the masses with their powers. One day, centuries later, a summoner is born who becomes friends with his Eidolons and is closer to them than humans. One day, the Eidolons inform him that the high gods plan to destroy the world and begin anew if the summoners do not cease their ruthless tyranny. Thus he sets out to bring down the summoner rule. I also have other assorted ideas like a human revolution that begins as heroes but cross the line and must be stopped by you.

Gameplay: A tactics game in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem. There would be as many as 40 summons in the game that can be found and used in battle, each with unique properties and abilities. It would be mostly an RPG, but the summons would have no leveling up or equipment, instead simply unlocking abilities through Abiltiy Points earned in battles. My other ideas are that if you attack an enemy while another one of your units is adjacent to the enemy you do a team-up attack, and different elemental combinations will trigger different attacks. Each character would also have a Limit Break, but I haven't decided how they would be unlocked. Also, another concept is that, for example, if you attack with a Water-elemental special, it will give the Water status to the enemy, which would make a Fire attack less potent but make the enemy more likely to get the Freeze status if an Ice special is used on them.

I'll handle all the writing and story and will try to help on gameplay design, but I'll need an artist or two, along with programmers and a musician. Hopefully someone else will be interested in this...
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 03:22:04 PM »

You should put this in "Unpaid Collaborations" if you aren't intending to pay. And if you aren't, I would suggest having some type art or programming skills or it will likely fall through.

RPG Maker XP has a great "GTBS" tactical battle system that might be relevant to your interests and would eliminate much of the complicated progrmaming need.

joaoluis
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »

If by musician you mean composer, I'd be interested. However, not to seem a "big guy", I would require some payment. It is negotiable and we can talk in order to reach a deal where both of us benefit.

Here is my webpage if you are still looking for a composer:

www.joaoluismusic.com
Pulsus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 12:27:02 AM »

What's the status at the moment. Are you still looking for music and sounds?

Writing to enhance instead of distract!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic