Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 03:20:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsHostel accommodation for TIGJam UK5
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Hostel accommodation for TIGJam UK5  (Read 14908 times)
Draknek
Level 6

"Alan Hazelden" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2011, 11:59:40 AM »

I have not yet (but probably should have done...)

paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »

I'd love 3 nights as well Draknek, Fri-Mon, if it's not too late?

Cheers! :D
Draknek
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 09:35:47 AM »

I have been busy with moving house and only got onto this today. :/ So the following is all my fault, and I do apologise.

Unfortunately they only have 14 spaces on Friday night and 17 people have signed up so far.

Am currently waiting for a phonecall back. Assuming they can't rearrange to fit more people in, I will book for 14 people on the first night and the full number for Sat/Sun.

I am sure we'll be able to find sofas/somewhere else for those affected. Increpare?

People trying to sign up after this point: I can probably (no guarantees) add people for Sat/Sun night but if you're arriving Friday you'll have to sort something else out.

EDIT: Argh, guy I just spoke to said it's a lot worse than that actually. Investigating alternatives while feeling very foolish.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:06:04 AM by Draknek » Logged

increpare
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »

*talks to alan*

Gosh that is bad.  OK.  We can deal with this.  If you're on the hostel list, we'll be in touch within the next 24 hours with some DELICIOUS CHOICES (hopefully). 

(if you're in cambridge, and have a couch/floor to spare, PM me Smiley  ).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:49:14 AM by increpare » Logged
dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »

I searched a bit and found this:
http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/england/cambridge/13313/

At least the "availablity check" says that there are still beds free! (Don't know how trust worthy that is)

@increpare: Tried google+ today and send you a message! Did that work? :D

Check out my game "Wood Games 3D" |  TrailerAndroid |
twitter: tomaga95
bluescrn
Level 1

Unemployed Coder / Full-time Indie :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 12:24:23 PM »

Have you tried phoning this place?: http://www.cityroomz.com - it's also right near the station

(There's no online booking, so no idea if there's rooms available)

I don't mind paying a bit more more to stay somewhere with an en-suite and a more comfy bed, if there's going to be a group elsewhere (the combination of CB2 chairs, YHA beds, and lugging a heavy laptop around didn't do my back much good last time!)

Just checked the Travelodge site too - but that's looking like £100 a night for a double room or family room (sleeps 3 - but 2 would have to share a double bed...)

Draknek
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 12:46:43 PM »

Crisis averted, everything is mostly sorted now. Still some details to sort out but nobody's going to be out on the streets.

dertom: Nice, we looked around but missed that one. Pending availability (phoning them back tomorrow morning) some people will probably be staying there.
bluescrn: Yeah, we have some beds reserved there on Friday night as a backup. No availability on Saturday though.

paulmcgg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »

Thanks for all the work Draknek (+ inc and everyone), it's much appreciated!  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:33:07 PM by McG » Logged
Draknek
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 01:51:46 AM »

All sorted now: we're split between the YHA and the Abbeyfield Guest House.

There will unfortunately be some room juggling going on: some people may have to switch rooms once or twice. I apologise for that but I can't see any way of rejigging everything to fit more neatly.

Anybody looking for accommodation after this point get in touch and I now know a few suitable options.

dertom
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 02:06:27 AM »

Cool, thanks for making that possible!

Check out my game "Wood Games 3D" |  TrailerAndroid |
twitter: tomaga95
Draknek
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 04:53:23 PM »

I've updated the first post with a link to a spreadsheet of where people are staying. In theory this could change, but if it does I'll post a note in this thread. I'll also send you all PMs closer to the date.

The price for both places is £20 per person per night, not including breakfast.

Payment-wise there are several options. In descending order of preference:
* Bank transfer: PM me and I'll send you my account details
* Cheque: given to me in person
* Cash: given to me in person

If you don't have a UK bank account, I would rather have cash than fiddling with foreign cheques/transfers and suchlike.

adam a
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 08:10:54 AM »

Thanks for sorting it all out once again.

Lez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 02:14:48 PM »

I know this is sort of late but I can make it this year now, hows is the living situation? I've looked at the hotels but they are expensive and seem to be out of spaces for the night.
increpare
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 02:48:25 PM »

Allen can possible advise on the hostel situation, but I'd recommend that you go try call them up yourself see if they have space.  Failing that, we can offer you an air mattress for friday/saturday/sunday if you want (though hostels are ALWAYS more fun).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:53:44 PM by increpare » Logged
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2011, 02:57:21 PM »

Great stuff, Alan. Many thanks for organising the accommodation and sorting out the crisis! You kept your cool in a crisis, sir, and I raise my hat to you Gentleman

Also to Stephen and Terry and everyone who's been organising the event Gentleman

increpare
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2011, 03:05:50 PM »

Great stuff, Alan. Many thanks for organising the accommodation and sorting out the crisis! You kept your cool in a crisis, sir, and I raise my hat to you Gentleman
Yeah, Alan was a total pro.
Draknek
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2011, 03:16:41 PM »

I know this is sort of late but I can make it this year now, hows is the living situation? I've looked at the hotels but they are expensive and seem to be out of spaces for the night.

We are staying at YHA Cambridge and Abbeyfield Guest House.

Phone them up and see if one of them has space for you. YHA is definitely almost full but it is possible they'll be able to squeeze you in. Don't know about Abbeyfield's availability.

Lez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2011, 05:14:25 AM »

Thanks for the information, I made some calls but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it on such short notice, so I wont be able to come this year. Have fun!
increpare
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2011, 05:24:25 AM »

Thanks for the information, I made some calls but it doesn't look like I'll be able to make it on such short notice, so I wont be able to come this year. Have fun!
(if the short notice thing relates to hostel stuff, you saw my offer of an air mattress above, yes?)
Lez
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2011, 05:32:21 AM »

It's half accommodation short notice and half me dropping a lot of things to try and make it short notice, so it's better for me to just bow out this year and organize my time better next time. But thanks for the offer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic