Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411492 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58433 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 29, 2024, 07:33:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesWii U
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: Wii U  (Read 47241 times)
im9today
« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2011, 04:18:06 PM »

There’s a cost issue. Technically, it is possible for the Wii U to support multiple Wii U Controllers. We’re not planning on asking our customers to buy multiple Wii U Controllers.

this is idiotic coming from a company that has turned out enough junky gimmick hardware to fill an ocean

one game for the gamecube needed four gameboys and four gameboy to gamecube adapters just to be played and it was one of the only games i ever saw that even used that hardware

and i also remember a little device called the e-reader or some such
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2011, 04:29:21 PM »

Seeing as the GBA/GC link stuff was a commercial failure...
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2011, 08:29:37 PM »

http://kotaku.com/5810573/finally-a-game-shows-what-the-wii-u-can-really-do

also I will start calling this the WU

Nix
« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »

That woman is so annoying
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2011, 05:18:43 AM »

The article does state at the bottom that the experience is likely to be further improved by a team not comprised of assholes.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »

There’s a cost issue. Technically, it is possible for the Wii U to support multiple Wii U Controllers. We’re not planning on asking our customers to buy multiple Wii U Controllers.

this is idiotic coming from a company that has turned out enough junky gimmick hardware to fill an ocean

one game for the gamecube needed four gameboys and four gameboy to gamecube adapters just to be played and it was one of the only games i ever saw that even used that hardware

and i also remember a little device called the e-reader or some such
yeah I imagine that's exactly why they're trying to avoid doing it this time. That shit sucked.

im9today
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »

the difference is that no one wanted that dumb stuff but almost everyone just assumed the console would support four thingamabobs because that seems helpful as opposed to stupid and useless like the devices i mentioned
im9today
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2011, 02:04:33 PM »

its like someone scarfing down a mountain of human waste and when presented with a delicious apple pie after all the shit eating they respond no thanks, i'm full

is my point

i think

i dont know
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »

Except practically no one bothered to 'scarf down the mountain of human waste', so why bother? I think you can see the point. It flopped because it was expensive, Nintendo wants to avoid that.
im9today
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2011, 02:13:18 PM »

so you think only supporting one of these controller things is a good idea

edit: i read your other posts, waste of time. how/why do people become 'fans' of companies
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2011, 02:17:12 PM »

buying lot of wiimote (50$) + classic (20$) or/and nunchuck (20$) was expensive too (4x50[+20][+20][+90 {balance board}]= 200$;280$;360$;450$)

I don't get their point at all. Now you have a single almost universal controller that require no additional gimmick  and they say no? what's the logic?

Mic + cam + touch screen + streaming proc + classic controller + sound + gyro + memory?

Wiimote was already: gyro + sound + classic pad + cam + memory

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 02:29:48 PM by Gimmy TILBERT » Logged

[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2011, 02:23:30 PM »

so you think only supporting one of these controller things is a good idea

edit: i read your other posts, waste of time. how/why do people become 'fans' of companies

I'm not saying it's a good idea, but most of us can see why they did it even if we don't agree. I don't even agree with the freaking controller to begin with (so good job reading my other posts), so thanks for assuming I'm a blind fanboy just because I happen to enjoy Nintendo games. Didn't expect much better from you.
im9today
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2011, 02:29:21 PM »

Didn't expect much better from you.
it's always strange reading something like this from someone you didn't know existed until that moment. sort of like meeting a stalker but with a lot more amusement

i didn't actually read your posts by the way, i was only guessing. sounds like i got pretty close huh!
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2011, 02:30:47 PM »

You didn't, I hate the tablet and maybe that's why I don't want 4 of them. And I have you on my "annoying inflammatory users" list even if we have never interacted.
im9today
« Reply #294 on: June 19, 2011, 02:35:27 PM »

you have a list? how often do you check it? every time you read a post? how many people are on it? just me? what if i post something good but i am on the list? can i get off the list? do you have a list of good, anti-inflammatory users? are you santa? or st peter? a shopaholic? maybe if you had one of these tablets you could put your list on it and have it with you all the time like its a star trek device - have you considered this possibility? most importantly do you think i actually care about being on your list? was this intended to hurt my feelings? are you a mean person? are you on the list?

thank you for your time,

- a fan of lists and knowing
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 19, 2011, 02:37:07 PM »

Durr...?
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 19, 2011, 02:47:06 PM »

Have you guys considered marriage counseling?

OT: It's true that buying all the Wii's gadgets costs a lot of money as well, but none of them are incredibly expensive on their own (except maybe the balance board). Maybe Nintendo's decision not to sell the WiiU tablet is some sort of marketing psychology thing. People are usually more willing to buy multiple cheaper products than one expensive one.

Don't get me wrong, I hate this shit as much as anyone, just trying to figure out what Nintendo's rationale it.
im9today
« Reply #297 on: June 19, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »

maybe it can't actually support four of them.
[RM8]
Level 10

☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 19, 2011, 02:54:12 PM »

Most likely, Nintendo is being weird about it. They won't talk about the range and Reggie said it can support two controllers: http://brutalgamer.com/2011/06/15/reggie-says-wii-u-can-support-two-controllers/
Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »

Alright people, let's focus on the Wii U discussion instead of fighting, like C.A.S. mentionned .

Now on topic, I must admit that the girl in that ubi video is annoying. Is this how Ubi sees the female gamer? Able to play but totally a bitch?

Anyway, I'm not 100% sold to the Wii U yet. Nintendo knows what it's doing with its console and who to target. However, it was the same case with the Wii. I remember when it was first announced: a lot of people could imagine "hardcore" games played with all sorts of creative wiimote movements. It never happened aside from the "shake" or "wank" motions. I want to see real people playing the damn thing. I want to know what kind of games Nintendo is going to do with the console and see how well the controller responds. I want to know if the new features of the system will be easy to work with because finding new ideas and ways to interact in games is hard and takes a lot of time and money. The wii became a budget bin system because of this: developers tried to find new ways of using the wiimote but they failed. They couldn't come up with good ideas under the time/money pressure so they used the 2 movements they saw in Nintendo games. When you gotta come up with a good game within a tight schedule and budget, the whole "let's be innovative" thing is dropped real fast. When the market told producers that Wii Sports Bowling was one of the top games on the wii and most hardcore players left the console after they got tired of air-wanking in front of their television, it was better off to invest as little money in a wii game and just whip up something quick.

I hope the Wii U will be interesting and will offer something interesting for both players and developers.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic