Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 11:09:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCube World - Voxel-Based Exploration RPG [WIP]
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Author Topic: Cube World - Voxel-Based Exploration RPG [WIP]  (Read 87108 times)
giewuer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 19, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »

The game really looks nice although I'm not a fan of cutesy, colorful stuff, but that's just me  Smiley Will there be an ending to this game?I hope it won't feel too open like for example Minecraft and even Skyrim felt to me - I mean some map that shows goals, or the nearest guy with a quest would be great - I propose something a bit like in GTA. But that's just my personal opinion which you don't have to agree with  Smiley I like when a game gives you clear goals to complete instead of hours of wandering not knowing what do do or getting sidetracked all the time to the same pointless optional sidequests.

[edit]
My idea would be that you could make one story for the game, but each time you start a new game there's a different way to finish this story. Some quests probably could be constant and appear always the same, but others you could randomize a bit. That way you would make it replayable and non-linear.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 08:58:16 AM by giewuer » Logged
Dakota.s
Level 0

Future Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »

Great job so far Wollay, I am really excited about this game, It's so unique. (Plus, i am a sucker for RPG's.)I can't wait to play this game, i am excited to hear more about it.

Games are supposed to be art, and not simply a way to make money.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2012, 02:29:06 AM »

Just checked out some of the rest blog entries, and the development of this game continues to absolutely blow my mind! The design ideas and how well and polished they're implemented just completely blows Minecraft and similar games out of the water.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Dakota.s
Level 0

Future Game Developer

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 02, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »

I really think the "Spirit System" is really neat. I hope he takes his time though, the more time the better the game.

Games are supposed to be art, and not simply a way to make money.
rek
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 02, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »

I'm really liking what I see of the architecture system! Are the buildings destructible? Will monsters attack it while you're away and steal your loot? (I hope so.)
Linc
Level 0

Check It Out Now

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »

Very cool. Are you rendering invidual voxels or full polygons? Also, how system-taxing is this going to be? (as compared to something like MineCraft)

-Lincoln Bergeson
offset
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2012, 07:07:51 AM »

I have long subscribed to the page of Cube World on Facebook. I can not wait to be able to play it. She's going to be free? I think it is my dream game.
Csar
Level 0

Nanana Batman!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: February 20, 2012, 11:04:29 PM »

I'm new here but I have been lurking around these forums for sometime. I have to say that your project looks absolutely stunning and I hope you continue on improving it. I like how you have focused on action rather than mining which seems popular these days.
I will definetely follow your devlog.

(9o_o)9 o-(o_oO)
bram
Level 0

game dev addict

View Profile WWW
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »

Great job!
I love the look and visuals.
It appears you do some sort of ambient occlusion?
Voxels in corners are shaded darker than exposed voxels in a flat field?

Bram

Bram Stolk -- Indie Game Developer and the author of \"the little crane that could\".
nexus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 06, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »

Looks so good.
HDSanctum
« Reply #210 on: May 07, 2012, 01:57:24 PM »

This game looks super fluid, nice !
Xerxes
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 01, 2012, 09:16:22 PM »

I like the way looks and the style of play takes me back. I am looking forward to this. If you ever are in need of a tester hit me up. Keep up the good work, I look forward to the updates.
Conker534
« Reply #212 on: July 08, 2012, 10:44:23 PM »

Updates? :D
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: July 09, 2012, 03:18:17 AM »

There was an update on the 7th:

http://wollay.blogspot.dk/

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
eobet
Level 4

8-bit childhood

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »

From that update...

I added a few new quest types. Here's a typical "find someone" quest.

Sad The wasted potential of seemingly ignoring dynamic landscape based quests is very sad.

Someone needs to create a game that is a blend between Populous and Minecraft based around such quests (ie. floods that needs to be averted, collapsing bridges, etc. etc.)

louisdeb
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2012, 09:18:39 AM »

I literally sat in awe for the whole of that gameplay video. Great playstyle, looks really smooth. Love the art, and loved the music. Look forward to future updates!
DarkstyleR
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2013, 08:45:39 AM »

Now that you've release an alpha the game is pretty good. A lot of fun to play.
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2013, 10:30:02 AM »

The world generation is just amazing, it keeps suprising me with new awesome features in each biome. I feel that each biome is just a bit too big though, even with a hangglider and a mount it takes alot of time to travel from one biome to the other.

Spawning in the same biome each game also seems a bit bland, starting a new world is the same experience every time.

Other than that it is pretty amazing, ecspecially for an alpha release. I can't wait to find new rare locations and mobs, keep on adding those!

Benearg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: July 13, 2013, 09:57:11 AM »

I got it yesterday and I have to say that at the beginning I felt quite frustrated because I was not able to kill anything, but the more I played the more I developed certain strategies and trial/error made me aware of certain things. Once you start getting exp from mobs and leveling up, getting pet and crafting your items I think the real game starts.
It's rough at the beginning but I guess it will be changed later.
I do agree with the "change map" thing, you spawn always in the same type of location, a little bit more diversity would be nice.
makerimages
Level 2

Makerimages Studios

View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2013, 10:28:16 AM »

THIS begun here aswell? wow, we truly have an amazing community.

Makerimages-Its in the pixel
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic