Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:04:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDonut Get!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Donut Get!  (Read 23014 times)
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2012, 12:21:52 PM »

Just posted an updated Donut Get! Trailer to Newgrounds.com.

You can check it at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604244

I intended to make more of a blown out trailer, with new animation and glimpses into the story. But unfortunately I don't really have the time for all that craziness! I did need to make a new trailer to make it clear that we have an iPhone and Android version, so I updated the Teaser a bit.

Handed out most of my new Donut Get Stickers during Indiecade and a Unity LA Meetup at UCLA last night so I've gotta print some more!

Running out of "small stuff" to do. That's a good thing!

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »

Some Donut Get! stickers I ordered a while back finally came. They came out really well, almost looking like pogs. Unfortunately I didn't have them to hangout at Indiecade and other events but my makeshift ones worked out pretty well.

Donut Get! Stickers & Goodie Bags

Trying to hustle some stickers in our goodie bags.

Finally submitted Donut Get! to Apple. I was waiting on doing some testing on iPhone4 class devices. I had tested it on my friend's iPhone4 and the performance was less than expected, assuming because of the weak GPU. It performs similar to the iPad1 I have, but runs perfectly on iPhone4S, with a much faster CPU and GPU.

Here's a screenshot for the App Store
Had to prep screens and descriptions for the app store. Stuff took longer than I wanted to but I'm glad that stuff over.

Besides that, been making tweaks to the game here and there. Fixing random bugs I notice and updating it on the Android store as well.

Now just waiting, gotta prep press release and spam out people. Until then I'll shift focus back to the prototype of our next game.

Peace!

jamesprimate
Level 10

wave emoji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 06:19:10 PM »

my ipad is READY! pls spam when it hits the app store so i can GET DONUT!

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2012, 11:09:32 AM »

Thanks for the reply jamesprimate!

Just to make it clear, the mobile/tablet version is only an arcade version of the donut dropping segment. It doesn't have the driving and fighting segments, and the story. All that's in the Flash version. But it'll be 99¢ on iTunes whenever it gets reviewed and approved... Still waiting! Already available on Android.

In the meantime...

PM me if you want some DONUT GET! stickers!

I made a bunch more stickers so if you want some before they run out, hit me up with your address in a PM and I'll send you some.

I also submitted Donut Get! to IGF, hopefully something good comes from that! I'm in there with a bunch of people from these forums so it feels a bit comfy, haha. Here's our listing: http://www.igf.com/php-bin/entry2013.php?id=777

I hope judges actually play it! Wink

And besides that, I've been busting out on our next game.

Concept thumb for our next game

Not planning anything on such a massive scale for our next game so hopefully you'll be seeing it in a more timely manner! Smiley

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »

On Wednesday DONUT GET! was approved on the Apple App Store so I'm relieved to announce that we're releasing it on Monday, October 29!

Spent the last couple days prepping things like the press release. My homie Christopher J. Rock helped me with the press release. You can check out our press materials here: http://www.donutget.com/press/

I guess that's about it. Just gotta get the word out!

Thanks for reading Smiley

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 09:11:08 AM »

DONUT GET! released on iPHONE/iPAD!

Also, I just published Donut Get! on Newgrounds!

Play it at http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605155

That's all folks!

alto
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »

Any bets on this getting circulated around Stormfront and Nazi sites out of context? White cop puts the b-down on black male? 99c for Mario Sunshine
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2012, 10:29:56 PM »

Not sure what you're gettin at, but we made our first game 8 years ago and it was about a Thug fighting back against Code Enforcement officers. What we discovered was that people are gonna see whatever they want to see in your work -- so don't waste your time trying to please everybody. Therefore I don't.

I've also found that themes communicated in my games are universal. I'd found a Chinese blog with reviews of our games in Chinese that captured practically every intentional message as intended. So if that's something that can cross language and cultural barriers I figure we do a good job! Wink

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2012, 10:42:00 AM »

Made a post on my blog explaining how I handled the Sprite animation and got the 2D look for Donut Get! in Unity, sharing an animation class and shader.

http://blog.sokay.net/2012/11/05/2d-sprite-animation-in-unity/

Not much of a tutorial but I hope it helps someone!

blinkok
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »

well done man. really informative! i'm going to spread this tutorial around if that's ok

My 2D Stuff twitter: @blinkok
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 11:27:16 AM »

Cool, thanks for checking it out! Smiley

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2013, 02:02:24 PM »

Donut Get! is free on iPhone this Valentine's weekend! Check it out!

Get it at: http://www.donutget.com/download/iphone

Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »

DONUT GET! is now available on OUYA! Get it!

That is all.  Gentleman

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic