Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411522 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 10:27:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralSpanish 101 (Cursing and bad words, very funny).
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Spanish 101 (Cursing and bad words, very funny).  (Read 466825 times)
Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2011, 08:54:45 PM »

I can see why Argentinians keep getting attack by teenage gangs.

mankoon
Level 4

And that is how you get to Llama School.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2011, 09:33:53 PM »

I remember when my Korean friend was teaching me all these bad Korean words, then her older, more "mature" Korean friend looked down on our good fun. It was educational! 

Rob Lach
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »

In die hose geschissen.

Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2011, 10:48:08 PM »

You just posted that in the right moment, I'm going to Spain next week.  Wink

Is there anything more I should know or be aware of?
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2011, 11:59:59 PM »

Why do people actually respond seriously to filosofiamanga threads?

because everyone deserves respect

besides, i find most threads on this forum just as silly as his threads, it's just that he's 'crazy guy' and the others are 'crazy gamer nerds' -- at least he's unique and idiosyncratic. better to be stupid in a unique way than to be stupid in the same way as everyone else

Uykered
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2011, 02:22:39 AM »

selamat pagi!
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2011, 03:06:17 AM »

I agree with Paul Eres. I don't think this thread is any more "useful" than the "things that suck/rock" threads.
Nitromatic
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2011, 05:52:56 AM »

This thread has brought me the happiness of swearing in yet another language. Ha, ha, ha.

... Yes.
Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2011, 06:37:01 AM »

because everyone deserves respect
No. No they don't.

Take sarah palin for example.

But this guy. He does.

(even if puta actually means whore)
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2011, 07:14:46 AM »

i think palin deserves respect in the way that a toddler or paranoid schizophrenic deserves respect -- you wouldn't trust them with responsibilities or put much stock in what they say, but you'd still be kind to them

to me, palin is a victim of religion and other deterministic factors. her mind was destroyed by it. the correct response to victims is compassion, because if you were born in her place instead of her and if you had her genes instead of yours you'd probably act much the same way

Tycho Brahe
Level 10

λx.x

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2011, 08:07:31 AM »

I disagree with a number of your points but I'm having trouble articulating why. Respect is a tricky thing. I'll get back to you. I need to go listen to songs about cricket.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2011, 09:52:38 AM »

varies by context. calling everyone on a forum stupid, especially if you yourself are a member of that set of people, isn't really disrespectful. this is related to the "everyone is dum" principle expressed by eva

calling specific people stupider than other people would be disrespectful of course, but i didn't do that; i said everyone on this forum is equally stupid, just in different ways, and it's more interesting to be stupid in an interesting way than in a standard way

filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2011, 12:46:22 PM »

varies by context. calling everyone on a forum stupid, especially if you yourself are a member of that set of people, isn't really disrespectful. this is related to the "everyone is dum" principle expressed by eva

calling specific people stupider than other people would be disrespectful of course, but i didn't do that; i said everyone on this forum is equally stupid, just in different ways, and it's more interesting to be stupid in an interesting way than in a standard way

Actually, I feel funny because you're defending me in a way... like the "El chavo" jokes.

I feel this thread could be useful to some people, not everyone, but one or two, and I see that this fulfilled it's purpose.

Maybe It was a mistake calling it funny, but me and others friends found funny some video of a very angry guy cursing other.

And... this is Internet, full of trolls, 4chan, etc. so we shouldn't take everything from it like we take things from real life, you never know if someone is just trolling.
And... if you take Internet seriously, It shows your lack of self-steem, seems like that joke of basement-dweller with no social life.  Cheesy Cheesy
filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2011, 02:45:16 PM »

yes, I write in English, that's why I ask you how can I "fix" my writings (tips).

But I studied in school, and that was years ago.
Also, I don't have any friends to practice, friends that doesn't speak broken english.
I think that's the reason why I sound that way, It's like the typical asian in Hollywood movies.
Also another thing I just noted it's that I don't conect in a good way the ideas, not using intelligently the point, comma, semicolon and that stuff. But you must be aware that I really try to write in a correct way and It's not because I'm lazy.

EDIT: Yeah, reading again my post, I can feel your pain, sometimes I sound so "broken" that even I noted.
But like I said, that's the fault of an incomplete school education and no living with "english" natives, people that doesn't speak broken english at all.

In another note, to continue my response to Paul Eres: A mental illness can make the guy do "weird" stuff, but that's not excuse for being "stupid" and talking shit.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 02:56:50 PM by filosofiamanga » Logged
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2011, 03:41:50 PM »

I'd just like to attest to Gabriel saying that it's respect-worthy to be able to communicate in another language.(particularly a non-native language.)
Even with how long I've studied other languages,(via both independent and formal education) I still find it difficult to communicate my ideas in other languages. So, good job I suppose?

filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »

Thanks, It's a relief my problem is not my skill with the language.
About the emoticons and the color, yeah, that's because I don't follow forums too often (this is the only one) so I'm a newbie in that sense.

About the long captions, yeah, I'll try to make a TL:DR (too long, don't read) caption with a resume for the lazy people.
SUMMARY = The big problem when learning a languaje is the vocabulary, and we should study first the vocabulary, not the vocabulary AND the grammar at the same time, just like we do with our first languaje.
Why is so frustrating and hard something that all the babies in the world seem to do just fine?
END OF SUMMARY

TL:DR...
About the only language thing... actually, the biggest problem with learning another languaje it's the lenght of the vocabulary, but It's not a big-one, you need a bare minimum of 600-800 words to be able to understand and comunicate (although we used like 2000 words in our daily life).
That should be you only concern during the first months learning another languaje, It's making a routine of learning a fixed numbers of daily words (Eventually in less than one year you'll learn all the daily words).
After the vocabulary, you should seek a grammar book and start making phrases until you speak.
It's really hard to learn grammar, sintaxis and vocabulary at the same time, that's why seems so frustrating.
Remember how a baby learn?, first, the common words, no things about a past tense and inflect vebs in future.
A baby learns first: Dad, mom, sis, bro, dog, poop, not how to make "to be" in past time next to other verb.
After that the baby say: Car mine, It's mine, I like dad.
Eventually he'll develop more "complex" phrases, until he speak another languaje.
But It's the vocabulary the first thing (and the only one at that time) the languages schools should teach, also to learn another word you should "asociate" it with a thing you know, using your imagination (It's the easiest way to learn a word or a date).
Read the books of Ramon Campayo about learning a languaje in 7 days.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2011, 05:34:36 PM »

the problem though is how to find a list of those 2000 most important words? how do you know which words are important to learn and which words are used less often?

filosofiamanga
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »

the problem though is how to find a list of those 2000 most important words? how do you know which words are important to learn and which words are used less often?

Just put on Google:
"Basic Spanish vocabulary"
"Common words of spanish"

Actually try to practice all days, that's the problem where most people fail, practicing just 4 hours at week, imagine trying to improve in piano in short time just studying 4 hours at week.

The harder part is not finding time each day, it's making a routine. (remember five daily words just take like 5 minutes?)
I told you, even I just give up learning japanese because I become too lazy (my fault, not the fault of the method).
Theophilus
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »

Thanks, It's a relief my problem is not my skill with the language.
About the emoticons and the color, yeah, that's because I don't follow forums too often (this is the only one) so I'm a newbie in that sense.

About the long captions, yeah, I'll try to make a TL:DR (too long, don't read) caption with a resume for the lazy people.
SUMMARY = The big problem when learning a languaje is the vocabulary, and we should study first the vocabulary, not the vocabulary AND the grammar at the same time, just like we do with our first languaje.
Why is so frustrating and hard something that all the babies in the world seem to do just fine?
END OF SUMMARY

TL:DR...
About the only language thing... actually, the biggest problem with learning another languaje it's the lenght of the vocabulary, but It's not a big-one, you need a bare minimum of 600-800 words to be able to understand and comunicate (although we used like 2000 words in our daily life).
That should be you only concern during the first months learning another languaje, It's making a routine of learning a fixed numbers of daily words (Eventually in less than one year you'll learn all the daily words).
After the vocabulary, you should seek a grammar book and start making phrases until you speak.
It's really hard to learn grammar, sintaxis and vocabulary at the same time, that's why seems so frustrating.
Remember how a baby learn?, first, the common words, no things about a past tense and inflect vebs in future.
A baby learns first: Dad, mom, sis, bro, dog, poop, not how to make "to be" in past time next to other verb.
After that the baby say: Car mine, It's mine, I like dad.
Eventually he'll develop more "complex" phrases, until he speak another languaje.
But It's the vocabulary the first thing (and the only one at that time) the languages schools should teach, also to learn another word you should "asociate" it with a thing you know, using your imagination (It's the easiest way to learn a word or a date).
Read the books of Ramon Campayo about learning a languaje in 7 days.

The TL;DR section was longer than the whole freaking post. You're doing it wrong, unless by TLDR means 'Take a longer, drawn-out route'.
Contrary
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2011, 07:48:56 PM »

the correct response to victims is compassion, because if you were born in her place instead of her and if you had her genes instead of yours you'd probably act much the same way
I don't like this way of thinking as to some extent you're relieving a person of responsibility for their actions. I know that the concept of free will is questionable at best but life is greatly hindered unless you act under the pretense it exists. In a way not allowing people to have responsibility and accountability for their actions is a great disrespect.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic