Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 04:17:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)Recommended Controller? (((Customized Gamepad >> Keyboard Input Software?)))
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Recommended Controller? (((Customized Gamepad >> Keyboard Input Software?)))  (Read 2921 times)
MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2008, 11:19:02 PM »

I am looking for a program that will let me map input from a game controller directly to a keyboard command. Essentially map any button I press on the controller to the next keyboard button I press, or something. Know of anything?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 11:04:07 PM by MekanikDestructiwKommando » Logged

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
AuthenticKaizen
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

*Prestige Worldwide*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 02:33:24 AM »

you mean something like joytokey?

PixelProspector.com - the indie goldmine + Marketing Guide for Indie Game Developers             
“Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do.” (Bruce Lee)
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 04:39:21 AM »

I use xpadder for my gamepad needs, but joy2key is good if you don't need analog input. 

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 06:18:02 AM »

I use xpadder for my gamepad needs, but joy2key is good if you don't need analog input. 

Wait.. does xpadder actually use the analog info somehow? Cause JoyToKey supports at least 6 analog axes, but they get mapped to digital keypresses.
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

Joytokey = looks awesome. Thank you!!
I now feel comfortable buying a USB gamepad/joystick to play games  Beer!
(edit, does this work with usb gamepads (with no analog joystick)?)

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
december
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 07:46:30 PM »

Wait.. does xpadder actually use the analog info somehow? Cause JoyToKey supports at least 6 analog axes, but they get mapped to digital keypresses.
Xpadder can map analog to analog.  Like you can map the mouse to a stick.  It makes web browsing a lot more comfortable than the traditional way.

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.
AdamAtomic
*BARF*
Level 9

hostess w/ the mostest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 02:16:45 PM »

+1 vote for xpadder

cup full of magic charisma
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 03:18:04 PM »

wow, awesome! i'd never considered that before..
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 11:03:27 PM »

Help, I'm looking for a gamepad that doesn't have a joystick.. can't find one on playasia besides NES style controllers :S

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic