Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411421 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 05:53:01 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMovies
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 174676 times)
Blambo
« Reply #560 on: May 05, 2013, 08:51:17 AM »

Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
Rahrahrah
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 06, 2013, 11:09:34 AM »

One Hundred Years of Evil.

Mock-u-mentary thats starts out funny as can be and then runs the course of making fun of itself and gathering funding.  By the end, its more about the mock mockumentary than Hitler.  Its basic premise is that Hitler's suicide wasn't real, and he's been around the whole time since messing about with any of the world problems since then.

Really the only highlights for me came in the beginning.  Hitler the dishwasher.  "He was so orderly.  Dishes in one pile.  Knives in the other.  He liked order."

Trying more and more to relate less and less to Sisyphus.
Jlopez
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: May 07, 2013, 01:06:56 AM »

I have recently watched some movie. These are Green Zone, 300, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), Shutter Island (2010). I have watched them many time. These are really nice movie.

My blog juegosindie
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 07, 2013, 08:09:59 AM »

Watching now classic tv-series that I have missed out on.

The Wire; didn't really stick after 4 episodes. The characters weren't all that interesting and the narrative thread between each episode could not keep me watching. I might continue if I knew it would pick up and become much better later on.

I don't know why I find The Sopranos surprisingly good since it has only gotten praise (except from what I heard is a cop-out ending). Great characters and each episode so far has had interesting plots.

ink.inc
« Reply #564 on: May 07, 2013, 08:53:30 AM »

1. Amelie
2. Blade Runner
3. The Princess Bride
4. El Laberinto Del Fauno
5. John Carpenter's "The Thing"
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 07, 2013, 08:54:16 AM »

Now that I probably can't do.

J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2013, 09:26:57 AM »

I saw Zardoz.

It broke me.

Maybe it was the pot (lots of it), but I thought the story and setting were surprisingly good. Not great, but surprisingly good.
I remember I particularly liked the way Zardoz, killed by Zed at the very beginning, comes back as a recording/AI to somehow instruct Zed, with no recollection of his death. Pity it was only for a while.

Yesterday I watched Altered States with friends. We were disappointed, not particularly funny or interesting, just stupid in a really boring way.
I still don't know what to think of it all. Possibly the strangest movie I've ever seen. And I've seen LOTS of movies. I thought Altered States was decent enough to warrant a watch.

Jiro Dreams of Sushi.
That's an incredible doc.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: May 07, 2013, 09:35:00 AM »

let's be dumb and make lists:
1-la leggenda del pianista sull'oceano/legend of 1900
2-terminator 2
3-night of the hunter
4-Escape from new york
5-Star Wars: Episode V

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Trystin
Level 4

Nyoom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #568 on: May 08, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »

Watched Sleepy Hollow last night, it was alright.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #569 on: May 08, 2013, 10:38:36 PM »

I don't know why I find The Sopranos surprisingly good since it has only gotten praise (except from what I heard is a cop-out ending). Great characters and each episode so far has had interesting plots.

I hated the ending at first, but it really grew on me. You have to watch it a few times to really appreciate it. I don't believe there is any better way the series could have ended. Most of season 6 was kinda iffy anyway, but it certainly wasn't the ending.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:51 AM »

I hated the ending at first, but it really grew on me. You have to watch it a few times to really appreciate it. I don't believe there is any better way the series could have ended. Most of season 6 was kinda iffy anyway, but it certainly wasn't the ending.

Ok, I'm almost done with the first season so now I will be watching to the end anyway.
It's really good.

Nikica
Level 5

Remember, it’s all in your head.

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 09, 2013, 07:56:35 AM »

The Sopranos is probably my favorite TV show, and I absolutely loved the ending.
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 09, 2013, 07:59:47 AM »

The Sopranos is probably my favorite TV show, and I absolutely loved the ending.

It might become, currently it's still Breaking Bad and Twin Peaks.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 09, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »

The Proposition.

(The western with Guy Pearce. It's good. Brutal. Poetic.)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 10:56:57 AM by Smithy » Logged

Pineapple
Level 10

~♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #574 on: May 09, 2013, 12:44:49 PM »

Upstream Color is a really good movie.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 09, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »

The Proposition.

(The western with Guy Pearce. It's good. Brutal. Poetic.)
isn't that the movie directed by nick cave that features a real death scene
Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 09, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »

Real death scene? Wikipedia doesn't say anything about that, but Nick Cave's name did come up..

s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 09, 2013, 03:34:22 PM »

oops apparently nick cave just wrote the script. whatever.

idk if im just hallucinating this but i distinctly remember reading an interview with nick cave and the director in some music magazine when the proposition came out. they said that one scene with a dude getting shot in the head was real and that it was an on-set accident they left in after getting permission from the dead guy's family or something. that's the only reason i remember the movie at all (i haven't seen it).

maybe it was a joke the interviewer didn't pick up on.
CVaseTYb!!
« Reply #578 on: May 09, 2013, 03:55:11 PM »

oops apparently nick cave just wrote the script. whatever.

idk if im just hallucinating this but i distinctly remember reading an interview with nick cave and the director in some music magazine when the proposition came out. they said that one scene with a dude getting shot in the head was real and that it was an on-set accident they left in after getting permission from the dead guy's family or something. that's the only reason i remember the movie at all (i haven't seen it).

maybe it was a joke the interviewer didn't pick up on.

Smithy
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 09, 2013, 04:27:25 PM »

They had an old black and white photo in the opening credits with a person strung up, which was apparently authentic. That's all I could find online.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 87
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic