Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:34:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralMovies
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 87
Print
Author Topic: Movies  (Read 174938 times)
P Diddy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 21, 2011, 06:27:04 PM »

the film looks really good, it also has an interesting cast

fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 05:30:22 PM »

Just watched Raging Phoenix. It's a Thai film, with a fantastic mix of Muy Thai martial arts and break dancing hip hop. It is as awesome as it sounds.

saturdaymorning
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 06:08:26 PM »

i remember watching that on netflix. something about getting drunk and sniffing pheromones.
J.W. Hendricks
Freeware Ninja
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 06:23:02 PM »

Oh, good lord. I have watched hundreds of movies in the past year. But if I were to name my top 10 (in non-sequencial order), they would be:

1. Oldboy - A nearly flawless film with a twist that left me speechless
2. Cinema Paradiso - Seriously one of the most touching movies of all time
3. King's Speech/Social Network/Inception/127 Hours - In my opinion, the best of '10
4. A Fistful of Dollars/For a Few Dollars More/The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Best Westerns EVER
5. Braveheart - Very epic and emotional
6. ANYTHING BY AKIRA KUROSAWA - Holy crap that man was a genius
7. For 2010, a few good movies have come out such as X-Men (great), Super 8 (awesome), Source Code (great), Sucker Punch (thin on story, but visuals were gorgeous), Battle: LA (*sigh*, guilty pleasure), Kung Fu Panda 2 (surprisingly great)
8. Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of War - New favorite war film second to Saving Private Ryan. I cried two rivers.
9. Fight Club - Safe to say that movie made me a better person
10. Speed - Incredible action movie

And hundreds more.

The artist formally known as "Javet."
Nix
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2011, 08:22:42 PM »

I re-watched Napoleon Dynamite today. Still love it.
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 08:43:11 PM »

It really is a good movie.

I consider it a favorite.
Theophilus
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 08:50:11 PM »

I re-watched Napoleon Dynamite today. Still love it.

Bizarre, I was going to but I couldn't find the DVD.

I just finished watching Blazing Saddles, it was a great funny movie.
Sakar
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 09:40:54 PM »

Re-watched Rocky Horror Picture Show and Young Frankenstein

Let's do the time warp again!
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 02:26:33 AM »

Troll Hunter was great!

Nitromatic
« Reply #69 on: June 25, 2011, 06:52:13 AM »

Troll Hunter was great!
(insert meme here)

I saw Æon Flux (film adaptation), and it was terrible, nothing like the original one. At least the snacks I ate during the movie were good.
GoldFire
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2011, 06:39:56 AM »

Last movie I saw in theaters was Super 8. I'll give it a 4.9/5. It was an amazing movie, but didn't quite live up to the hype. Thinking about rewatching Tron Legacy soon, love it. I've found that the Tron Legacy soundtrack is perfect while programing (oddly enough).

Atom James
Level 0

Nooby McNoobish Noob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2011, 06:44:56 AM »

Last film I watched was Blade Runner. Man that's an awesome movie. Great visuals, amazing cast, kickass score. Easily on my top 20 favourite films of all time. So glad I was introduced to it in school and was able to catch onto some of the stuff they were trying to do with it.

What you should learn if you want to be a game designer? EVERYTHING!
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »

I've found that the Tron Legacy soundtrack is perfect while programing (oddly enough).

I was a bit disappointed in the movie, but the soundtrack is definitely great for programming (and just great in general)!

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »

Watched Reservoir Dogs, beginning bored me to tears, but once the actual plot kicked into gear I started paying attention again. Definitely not my favorite Tarantino flick- currently that's Kill Bill Volume 1.
Mhaine
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2011, 11:21:02 AM »

The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover is great (and old). I would say that it is my current all-time favorite, but solely because it gives me a good topic to start conversations since not many people know about it.
Nix
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2011, 03:22:22 PM »

I've honestly never  been able to get behind the Napoleon Dynamite craze. that kind of humor doesn't do much for me.

I don't find it very funny, just immensely enjoyable for whatever reason.
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »

Tron Legacy soon, love it.

whywhywhy

why do people like that movie
because art design and atmosphere hold more weight than the general public is willing to admit?

also jeff bridges

Lo
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »

Watched Reservoir Dogs, beginning bored me to tears, but once the actual plot kicked into gear I started paying attention again. Definitely not my favorite Tarantino flick- currently that's Kill Bill Volume 1.

Aw, man, Kill Bill is my least favorite of his films. To really get the most out of Tarantino, you have to enjoy his dialogue. Smiley
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »

Being savvy about old B-movies helps too. My faves are Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds. I'm also massively pumped for his next movie, Django Unchained. It was about time he finally made a proper spaghetti-style Western. I mean IB was already a crypto-Western in many ways, but that doesn't count.

Speaking of Spaghetti Westerns, I saw a movie called

It's an early entry in the genre (released in '65) and pretty much follows the Fistful of Dollars formula, plot-wise. The cinematography is absolutely amazing though, lots of unusual camera angles and extremely fast editing for the time. There's also a completely batshit insane cast of villains. The main bad guy is a Mexican bandit chief who fancies himself a monarch and his sidekick is a dude called "The Professor" who spends most of his screen time giggling madly. Pure 60s exploitation goodness.
saibot216
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2011, 04:44:34 PM »

Saw the movie Nemesis recently. It was my kind of movie. Cyberpunk and bad in terms of script and line delivery, but amazing otherwise.
Gonna watch Robocop 2 on wednesday (got a reminder set on the TV) and I ordered Rapid Fire on amazon.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 87
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic